New Goalkeeper UPDATED

you should all read this

Beresford played a key role in Luton's Championship winning side in League One in 2004/05 - the first time in his career he had picked up a championship winners medal and, due to his experience, continued making appearances throughout the 2005/06 season and contributed significantly to Luton's respectable finish of 10th place. Sadly Beresford has been part of a dismal 2006/07 season for Luton, seeing them crash into the bottom three of the Championship and all but consigned to relegation. Many fans see Marlon as a key player in this collapse, claims which have been backed up by his apparent inability to stop shots from over 25 yards, unreliable handling and poor command of his area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlon_Beresford

Edited by boboafc

Still no "Official" news on this yet ?

Although nothing fishal yet, it appears from above posts to be pretty accurate. Somehow, it doesn't fill me with confidence. Beresford was a more than capable keeper a few years ago, but is now only just about adequate IMO. Granted, this opinion is only based on Sky's League highlights since Luton were last in the same division as the Tics, so I just hope my fears are unfounded. Could have been worse, though. The likes of Aidan Davison and Russell Hoult skittered across my mind. :sign0068:

:ktf:

Another "past it" goalie signs for us!

Many fans see Marlon as a key player in this collapse, claims which have been backed up by his apparent inability to stop shots from over 25 yards, unreliable handling and poor command of his area.

Would rather have a young, eager 'keeper. Come back Pogs, all is forgiven!

Another "past it" goalie signs for us!

Would rather have a young, eager 'keeper. Come back Pogs, all is forgiven!

Given some of the comments on this thread, we really do need Greegs and Hazell to be in the same kind of form they showed when protecting Hopalong Crossley for 85 mins at Cheltenham. :pray:

Given some of the comments on this thread, we really do need Greegs and Hazell to be in the same kind of form they showed when protecting Hopalong Crossley for 85 mins at Cheltenham. :pray:

I'm sure they're up to it- showed some real class that day. Hopefully they won't have to as it detracted a lot from the rest of our game.

so if he cant stop shots from 25 yards, he doesnt command his area, he doesnt come for crosses. I think that report must have been written by a disgruntled Hatters fan after their relegation.

Lets not make our own judgements until after the Udders game

so if he cant stop shots from 25 yards, he doesnt command his area, he doesnt come for crosses. I think that report must have been written by a disgruntled Hatters fan after their relegation.

Lets not make our own judgements until after the Udders game

He is only here for a short time to cover for Crossely, im sure he can do a job for us.

I wonder if my granddad could get a trial at the club....

Personally, would've kept one of the Smiths from last year. Seems Ryan Smith at Rotherham last year was fall guy for Stefan Stams shocking game that day. Personally would've been far happier for him to fill the gap for a month, than shell out on a 38yr old like Marlon. Hope he does the job, but as we seemingly are currently loaning out players so we can bring some in, I think we could've at least shown some faith in our younger lot and kept a potentially capable 3rd choice keeper.