Russia V England

1-1 Russia Penalty, blatant foul but was outside the box.

We've been inviting pressure on ourselves as usual goal was inevitable. I thought Oldham were woeful at throw ins, I dont think we've found a White shirt all night from a throw in!

2-1 Russia :disappointed:

Overpaid pansies. We did the difficult bit in silencing the crowd and bagging first, yet agin that Shrek lookalike's hot headedness has cost us, as has our inability to grow a pair of balls and stand up and be counted - the winner was even poorer. Don't sack Maclaren, its the players fault. Millionaire's that don't have the stomach for a fight! Golden generation my arse! I hope the they don't qualify (and it is a tall ask now as Croatia imo are a better team and proved that in Zagreb and Russia now have two relatively straight forward games) so everyone can regain a sense of persepective - we aren't as good as we think we are!

Edited by oafcprozac

Played oreet today ... but the qualification wasnt lost today ... it was lost at OldTrafford to Macedonia, away to Isreal and Croatia. Those are the results which has cost us! Pathetic!

That's spot on. They had redeemed themselves after that to get in a very good position but now they're waiting on Israel to stop Russia and hoping we can beat Croatia at home. Oh dear :(

Sums it up when we need a goal, all we have to bring on is Downing and Crouch. Not good enough.

We looked like a underdog in a FA Cup 3rd round tie defending for our lives whilst trying to hold out for a draw/snatch a goal! Bloody pathetic.

Russia wanted it more, which is being said all too often with regards to England.

We over rate our players and our manager is useless.....we dont deserve a place at the euro's

Looks like my long wait to watch England again might be about to end. (I swore that I wouldn't watch until "McLaren" was no longer involved, or Mickey "Owen", or "Lampard".)

Shame they didn't get rid sooner.

Looks like my long wait to watch England again might be about to end. (I swore that I wouldn't watch until "McLaren" was no longer involved, or Mickey "Owen", or "Lampard".)

Shame they didn't get rid sooner.

I bet Fat Frank starts the next game, however ridiculous a formation we have to adopt to fit him in.

Michael Owen however remains the world's greatest centre forward, and in fact possibly the greatest footballer ever.

I bet Fat Frank starts the next game, however ridiculous a formation we have to adopt to fit him in.

Michael Owen however remains the world's greatest centre forward, and in fact possibly the greatest footballer ever.

Shouldn't be too hard to fit Lampard in. Just put him as the forward midfielder and drop the shower of :censored::censored:* show pony that is Steven Gerrard, who deserves to be dropped for last nights performance alone - never mind every other England game he hasn't shown up to*.

*Except against the butchers, bakers and candlestick makers that are Andorra where he was dead good.

Shouldn't be too hard to fit Lampard in. Just put him as the forward midfielder and drop the shower of :censored::censored:* show pony that is Steven Gerrard, who deserves to be dropped for last nights performance alone - never mind every other England game he hasn't shown up to*.

*Except against the butchers, bakers and candlestick makers that are Andorra where he was dead good.

A man after my own heart - for years I've been saying, and getting slated for saying, that Gerrard is a show pony. If he was half as good as he thinks he is, he would have put that chance away last night. He has the ability but his head is too big, he only likes it at Liverpool where he can do what he wants, often to the detriment of the team.

A man after my own heart - for years I've been saying, and getting slated for saying, that Gerrard is a show pony. If he was half as good as he thinks he is, he would have put that chance away last night. He has the ability but his head is too big, he only likes it at Liverpool where he can do what he wants, often to the detriment of the team.

Its all been a big Gerrard vs Lampard debate hasnt it.....when really..... going off england performances....nither of them should be in the bloody side!

Its all been a big Gerrard vs Lampard debate hasnt it.....when really..... going off england performances....nither of them should be in the bloody side!

A man after myown heart. I said in the summer that I wouldn't watch England so long as "McLaren" was in charge, and so long as "Gerrard" and "Lampard" and "Robinson" and "Owen" were in the squad. And exactly where was "Mickey" with his so-called goal-scoaring-from-nowt ability when the chips were down the other night? Precisely :censored: nowhere, that's where. I feel confident that he'll break the England goal scoring record in friendlies and who-cares-what-happens matches, but he's not ever put a shift in for England--not once--and he's never got them us out of the :censored: . In my eyes, he's a bluffer.

but he's not ever put a shift in for England--not once--and he's never got them us out of the :censored: .

Hmmm, well not to think too hard, but...

Romania, 2-1 defeat, Owen pulls us out of the pap, before Phil Neville throws us back in.

Argentina, that goal.

Romania, 3-2 defeat, before Phil Neville throws us back in.

Brazil, 1-2. Owen goal.

Slovakia, awful performance, two Owen goals = 2-1 win

Portugal in 2-2 draw, Owen opens the scoring

Last night, won the header that scored the goal. I'm afraid if you want people to blame it ain't him.

Hmmm, well not to think too hard, but...

Romania, 2-1 defeat, Owen pulls us out of the pap, before Phil Neville throws us back in.

Argentina, that goal.

Romania, 3-2 defeat, before Phil Neville throws us back in.

Brazil, 1-2. Owen goal.

Slovakia, awful performance, two Owen goals = 2-1 win

Portugal in 2-2 draw, Owen opens the scoring

Last night, won the header that scored the goal. I'm afraid if you want people to blame it ain't him.

Are you saying that Mickey, sooner or later, is going to put in the type of shift that sees him walking off the field a winner? You (and Mickey) will have to do better than :censored: Slovakia.

Are you saying that Mickey, sooner or later, is going to put in the type of shift that sees him walking off the field a winner? You (and Mickey) will have to do better than :censored: Slovakia.

Hows about Germany 5-1?

But you wanted backs against the wall performances, when the chips are down. He's there. In those games we lost, he's the one who has almost pulled us out.

I fail to see this even as an issue. There isn't a player I would say is more in the side than him.

I'm afraid there ain't a great deal of games against good opposition where England walk off winners anymore. When we don't it is rarely down to Owen.