Convo with Smalley's mum

Havent read all the other topics on this so i apologise if this has been said.

just been to the butty shop near work and Dean Smalleys mother works in there. Just found out Ricketts Has left the club due to a blazing row with sheridan on thursday night, regarding his axe from the squad. apparently Ricketts was told a couple of weeks ago the kids would be given a chance if he didnt up his game. the following training session, Ricketts went in to a a challenge with smalley and (by all accounts, remember i was speaking to smalleys mum) intentionally high tackled and put smalley out for another four week.

I know its only hearsay, but if a player at boundary park is going around injuring his team mates to stop them taking his place in the starting 11, or at least challenging his place, he has no place at my club, or indeed at any club in proffessional football.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
the following training session, Ricketts went in to a a challenge with smalley and (by all accounts, remember i was speaking to smalleys mum) intentionally high tackled and put smalley out for another four week.

.........so how come Smalley is in the squad for today's game ?

"apparently Ricketts was told a couple of weeks ago the kids would be given a chance if he didnt up his game"

Sheridan Talked to Ricketts a few weeks ago, i couldnt give you a date or precise time of the conversation. it was after this talk, not the one on thursday which ricketts injured smalley. Smalley has obviously recovered from the injury now. like i said i have not started this topic as the gospel truth, just what i have been told off smalleys mum,

BB80, do you sometimes wonder why you cant see what everyone else can see? Ricketts was given STAT MAN, not MOTM, and he got given it out ofsarcasm, the whole ground errupted in laughter. like you say though, we wont know the truth until shez decides to tell us, and thats if he decides to tell us.

what i posted at the start of this topic is just what ive heard off a players mother. i would never say its gospel until i hear it from the horses mouth

BB80, do you sometimes wonder why you cant see what everyone else can see?

Awww....have I disagreed with you.....and you have to pull that line out! Do you guys have a book of these?

No, I never wonder why I can't see what everyone else can....I actually wonder why I see what everyone else can't! Although on this one....I'm the majority unfortunately mate! I find it piss funny that the current poll on the other Ricketts post has the majority seeing what I do....that the service has been shocking and that he's been a convenient scapegoat. Shame it's those who hate Ricketts that are shouting the loudest and coming out with rumour, after rumour, after rumour...oh and supposedly laughing last Saturday at the "irony" of it being recognised he had an alright game compared to the rest!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Of course Coco...coz you've got all the facts eh! Nobody knows why he's gone, except Rico and Shez themselves.

Well according to you BB80 (see what i've done there, quite very making rude names out of someones username) he was the best player on saturday, but if the manager dropped him it seems he disagreed, it's not hard really BB80 (Damn, there I go again).

Edited by Inspiral_Carpet

Well according to you BB80 (see what i've done there, quite very making rude names out of someones username) he was the best player on saturday, but if the manager dropped him it seems he disagreed, it's not hard really BB80 (Damn, there I go again).

Think you'll find Coco is wrong again...I said he played well, not once said he was the best player....and yes, there you go again. Without a FACT in hand....you keep telling your little mind that you was right though.

Must try harder Coco!!!

Edited by Inspiral_Carpet

BB80, do you sometimes wonder why you cant see what everyone else can see? Ricketts was given STAT MAN, not MOTM, and he got given it out ofsarcasm, the whole ground errupted in laughter. like you say though, we wont know the truth until shez decides to tell us, and thats if he decides to tell us.

That is a ridiculous statement. The reason there was laughter is firstly because we have so many morons who can't think for themselves and have to follow each other and scapegoat a player every season. Secondly we also have a high number of fans (like every club) who just don't understand football having never played it at a decent level and so don't understand what a player like Ricketts brings to the game. Give them someone who will chase a ball that will be out of play for a goal kick before they get there though and everybody will love them. Quality or mindless running? Your choice.

That is a ridiculous statement. The reason there was laughter is firstly because we have so many morons who can't think for themselves and have to follow each other and scapegoat a player every season. Secondly we also have a high number of fans (like every club) who just don't understand football having never played it at a decent level and so don't understand what a player like Ricketts brings to the game. Give them someone who will chase a ball that will be out of play for a goal kick before they get there though and everybody will love them. Quality or mindless running? Your choice.

Without getting into a slanging match, what higher level quality did Ricketts show?

Leyland what exactly did Ricketts bring to us this season?

2 goals, a neat through ball to Davies and a few fancy flicks showing glimpses of what he can do.

Didnt achieve it often enough.

Sad we didn't get the best out of him and the circumstances in which he has left whatever they may be. But i'm not bothered he's gone.

Leyland what exactly did Ricketts bring to us this season?

2 goals, a neat through ball to Davies and a few fancy flicks showing glimpses of what he can do.

Didnt achieve it often enough.

Sad we didn't get the best out of him and the circumstances in which he has left whatever they may be. But i'm not bothered he's gone.

He's had a blinder today at Walsall and faced a keeper who's had the same. 4 on-target shots saved and hit the bar....

Hmmmmm........

He's had a blinder today at Walsall and faced a keeper who's had the same. 4 on-target shots saved and hit the bar....

Hmmmmm........

Just shows what he can do with a bit of service. Positionally he was good for us and often showed for the ball in good positions, pity Davies didn't have the vision to pick him out. Had we give Ricketts chances he would have scored. His finish against Walsall away was clinical to say the least apart from that he has had maybe 2 headers both of which he may have done more with, but to fair he has been starved of service the whole time he has been here. His flick have been useful, his hold up play an asset and his distribution could and should have led to more goals for Davies. He is a loss whether people like it or not.

Oh and just to add, I can't help but think with McD finding a little form again and making those runs that we have lacked, Ricketts role in the team would have become even more important. McD would have thrived off some of the balls Ricketts has played through.

Edited by LeylandLatic