A move to Tameside

As a supporter of Oldham Athletic getting home from work this is a major blow. We have had it all money wasted on stupid things such as diversity festivals, the unwanted Metrolink, use less bus lanes skateboard parks and youth shelters which just get wrecked.

Yet this was something that proberly brought the most tourism to Oldham. Now we have to look at the future. I keep hearing how the Commonwealth game staduim we where offered the chance to move in but said no which was right i want to support Oldham Athletic not Manchester Athletic.

However the time has come for action i can only see two possibilites if am honest.

1. A meeting invite supporters from Charlton Athletic down and see about having people stand for election in the next council it maybe are only option.

2. Look at maybe moving to Tameside or should i say Ashton. Yes we all know the MK dons move was wrong but that was over 50 Miles. I am thinking about a three miles max. Just think Ashton does still have an OL postcode. Quite a few tics come from Tameside also.

Tameside may offer more funding as they would be bringing people into the aera also.

As a supporter of Oldham Athletic getting home from work this is a major blow. We have had it all money wasted on stupid things such as diversity festivals, the unwanted Metrolink, use less bus lanes skateboard parks and youth shelters which just get wrecked.

Yet this was something that proberly brought the most tourism to Oldham. Now we have to look at the future. I keep hearing how the Commonwealth game staduim we where offered the chance to move in but said no which was right i want to support Oldham Athletic not Manchester Athletic.

However the time has come for action i can only see two possibilites if am honest.

1. A meeting invite supporters from Charlton Athletic down and see about having people stand for election in the next council it maybe are only option.

2. Look at maybe moving to Tameside or should i say Ashton. Yes we all know the MK dons move was wrong but that was over 50 Miles. I am thinking about a three miles max. Just think Ashton does still have an OL postcode. Quite a few tics come from Tameside also.

Tameside may offer more funding as they would be bringing people into the aera also.

why tameside????

you could just as easily say middleton,as the location isnt too far from bp and theres lots of tics fans in middleton!!

i was thinking around the a627m border od stakehill.

or phone that farmer up,see if he still wants to sell,there is even massive sights around aerospace.

the club will now realise they have to go it alone,and stuff the council

There are already other football teams in Tameside though, Droylsden, Stalybridge, Ashton and possibly some others and i'm pretty sure they wouldn't appreciate us setting up camp in their town, imagine if City or United decided they were going to build their new stadium in Oldham, i don't think we'd be very happy about it

There are already other football teams in Tameside though, Droylsden, Stalybridge, Ashton and possibly some others and i'm pretty sure they wouldn't appreciate us setting up camp in their town, imagine if City or United decided they were going to build their new stadium in Oldham, i don't think we'd be very happy about it

Mossley, Hyde.

Possability of a stadium share?

Possability of a stadium share?

who with and where???

i certainly wouldnt want to travel to either rochdale or bury,or stockport.

i would seriously look at stakehill area,its on the a627m,and has its own motorway exit.and is close enough to bp.good transport links to it,and it isnt going to impact on local residents as its all industrial site.

plus it comes under rochdale council and not oldham,and in my view rochdale get a lot more passed building wise than oldham ever has.

who with and where???

i certainly wouldnt want to travel to either rochdale or bury,or stockport.

i would seriously look at stakehill area,its on the a627m,and has its own motorway exit.and is close enough to bp.good transport links to it,and it isnt going to impact on local residents as its all industrial site.

plus it comes under rochdale council and not oldham,and in my view rochdale get a lot more passed building wise than oldham ever has.

Just a suggestion.....surely all options are back on the table now......

Just a suggestion.....surely all options are back on the table now......

It all depends on what TTA decide to do i suppose, whether they choose to stay and look at other options or leave. Until we know that there is not much anyone can do. Moving to another local town or a ground share with someone are both options but we need to know whats happening with regards to the clubs owners first.

I like a some Charlton fans got elected for the local council so they were able to develop the ground. I could be wrong though

They formed there own local party got elected and pushed through redevelopment of the Valley. Could offer some advice not the first time its been mentioned either.

They formed there own local party got elected and pushed through redevelopment of the Valley. Could offer some advice not the first time its been mentioned either.

that actually sounds like a really good idea. believe it or not i know tony larkin very well, and he has been telling me for years its passionate people like me who care about the town who need to be on the council. (good advice tony). we should seriously give this some thought ya know, will take time to gather pace tho

The BP site is worth more money without a ground, thats just plain developers logic. The problems might just be starting for the local residents. Larger flats development to boot.

Not claiming its the solution but a distinct possibility.

yes - but you are assuming that TTA would want to fund the move and that by no means is a given.