BBC Report...booing at the end

I was more than a little disappointed with the tone of ITV's reporter this morning. "Lee Hughes scores his first goal for Oldham..................................then blah, blah, blah about causing death by dangerous driving", not the fact it was goal of the day by a guy who in the eyes of the law has repaid his debt to society. Really got my goat that did, flamin' gutter journalism. Even the wife who has absolutely no interest in football (apart from the Jekyll and Hyde effect it has on her husband!) remarked what a crappy throw away comment it was.

It was always going to happen with his first goal. We can expect him to be dealt with like everyone else, in commentary terms, from now onwards.

BB80, I can't let you get away with "a six-pointer game" in November :excl: Or is it that November is OK, but October is much too early to be talking in those terms? :mmm::thinking2::pokeuu::ohno::devilish:

Lol...TBH someone else had called it that earlier in the day, so that's why I called it that. Deep down, I agree, maybe in Jan, Feb games can be labelled that.

I was more than a little disappointed with the tone of ITV's reporter this morning. "Lee Hughes scores his first goal for Oldham..................................then blah, blah, blah about causing death by dangerous driving", not the fact it was goal of the day by a guy who in the eyes of the law has repaid his debt to society. Really got my goat that did, flamin' gutter journalism. Even the wife who has absolutely no interest in football (apart from the Jekyll and Hyde effect it has on her husband!) remarked what a crappy throw away comment it was.

Funnily enough we got a similar mention in the Observer yesterday . The first mention 've had since .............oh let me see when. Yes that's it Hartlepool away. Now what happened then i wonder.

They also mentioned yesterday that it was our first win in 11 games which was nice of them. Not as good as the Radio 5 reporter at Cheltenham yesterday who reported Leeds one nil up thro' Beckford after 75mins and then Chelts equaliser with 4 minutes to go. He then had to start his end of match report with an apology.