Greegs & Lids

I dont care what anybody says, Trotman is the best Centre Half we have at the club. Him and Stam should easily be the first choice partnership. Stam seems to have overcome his injury problems of the last couple of years (im touching wood) and Trotman, although only young is playing with a maturity way beyond his years.

I agree however it will be good to have Gregan back, as well as Hazell to provide cover (wether They will be happy playing a back up role i dont know) but with a fully fit squad the best back line is undoubtedly Eardley, Stam, Del Boy and Bertrand.

fair enough point - the occasions where he does get caught out are exactly as you say... when the ball is either flighted down the left and he doesnt deal with it, or when he tries to cut inside on his right....

I personally think the correct solution would be to play greegs on the right with Stammy - however we all know that Shez is very particular in the sides he wants his players to play on... so if not, then i feel it is Mr Stam for the can - so far this season i still think greegs and Ruubs is the best pairing we have seen....

Doesn't this create a slightly obvious danger of making us weaker straight down the middle between the pair of them? :huh:

This is where a good manager earns his corn. This season goes on till May and in that time each and every player will at various times be on top form, carrying a niggle, have an almost telepathic link with another player, be out of form, injured, drop a major clanger and have the midas touch. It is Shez's job to balance all this and get us to as high a finish as possible in May.

If the whole squad is fit then it is harder for Shez to pick the team but I would expect Shez to want this to be the case than for the team to pick itself as we only have 11 fit players. Gregs and Lids will play a big part this season as will all the squad, although rotation is a dirty word it helps keeps players fresh and we will hopefully need fresher players in May rather than exhausted husks.

no he wasnt he just wasnt looking as bad as he had been, he still made 2 mistakes per match instead of 3 or 4 and thats 2 too many. swagger my @rse, its called wobbeling.

You're talking :censored: mate :)

As soon as he is fit you will again be seeing the 'Gregan Strut' week in week out, and you will enjoy it.

This is where a good manager earns his corn. This season goes on till May and in that time each and every player will at various times be on top form, carrying a niggle, have an almost telepathic link with another player, be out of form, injured, drop a major clanger and have the midas touch. It is Shez's job to balance all this and get us to as high a finish as possible in May.

If the whole squad is fit then it is harder for Shez to pick the team but I would expect Shez to want this to be the case than for the team to pick itself as we only have 11 fit players. Gregs and Lids will play a big part this season as will all the squad, although rotation is a dirty word it helps keeps players fresh and we will hopefully need fresher players in May rather than exhausted husks.

Spot on BT. Thats why we failed last season. Shez was far too loyal to his first choice 11 and it cost us whaen he didn't make the signings TTA said he could. I hope he's learnt this year. IMO if you are playing well and contributing you keep the shirt simple as. If that means Greegs and Liodds have to sit on the bench for a few weeks then so be it. Their chance will come again, lets hope they take it like Trotman has.