luton goal

keepers job to claim anything up to 10 yards from the goal line in my book, especially from that angle

Thats rubbish......

Lets rename the thread to "lets have another pop at crossely"......

It was clearly a mistake by the defender and not the keeper! He should never of got the shot in!

Edited by oafc0000

if the area is 18 yards long then he shud be catching anything within 10 its a basic goalkeeping principle. maybe the def shud have headed it but as ive said before a keeper should forget that and just take ball, man, everything. he would have when he was 28.

if the area is 18 yards long then he shud be catching anything within 10 its a basic goalkeeping principle. maybe the def shud have headed it but as ive said before a keeper should forget that and just take ball, man, everything. he would have when he was 28.

It was a team effort the Luton goal... :tongue1:

Bertrand (i think) lunged in to conceed the free kick!

The Ref - Because i want to blame him for everthing. :angry:

Hughes - Played everyone on side!

Defence - Maybe should of been cleared

Crossley- Maybe should come out for it maybe he shouldnt :pizza:

Davies - Has he not learnt yet to only score in the last min of either full or half time so we can have a breather. Everytime he does somethin silly like scoring this happens straight after. :dunce:

Me - I didnt wear my lucky pants. :ass1:

Oh and their number 33 for looking like elijah off emerdale(or however you spell it, the dingle one) not that i watch Emmerdale :unsure:

All in all there was a few very small incidents that occured which all concluded in us conceding therefor official verdict crossley = not guilty, i think you will find many keepers wouldnt have gone for it as there were defenders in the way who maybe should of done better!

Edited by Davros

Hughes - Played everyone on side!

Finally ... was waiting for someone to mention him .... just becuase hes a legend it dosent excuse him from criticism on here guys ..

I was in line with it ... and Hughes for no reason carried on running back past the defensive line and was a good 5 yards behind everyone and played the lad on ... im guessing the defence didnt clear because they thought he was offside or it was going out for a goal kick ... Hughes knew straight away what hed done .... he played awesome yes but people need to take there rose tinted glasses off and see althought Crossley takes some blame .. he dosent take all of it.

Thats how i feel mate, crossley isn't great, but it wasn't his fault.

How can a keeper be blamed fro a free (Unchallenged) header in our own box from a free kick? Clearly when the other team has a free kick and your a defender you immediately think to yourself... 'ooh i think i might have to try and defend this ball in'.

Defences fault, simple.

SOUND BOUT RIGHT??

COS ITS ON THE 6 YARD LINE FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME!!!

go find a keeper and ask him..

lol..how many times do you see keepers coming out, colliding with the defender and allowing them to score when they could simply had left the defender to do his job!!...it isnt as clear cut as you think. In fact your totally wrong! And it’s a bit embarrassing that you keep arguing your right! When your actually just got a big chip on your shoulder about crossely!

lol..how many times do you see keepers coming out, colliding with the defender and allowing them to score when they could simply had left the defender to do his job!!...it isnt as clear cut as you think. In fact your totally wrong! And it’s a bit embarrassing that you keep arguing your right! When your actually just got a big chip on your shoulder about crossely!

having seen the goal on virgin now, it was poor defending by all it should have been cleared in the first instance. but crossleys positioning was wrong. the ball didnt hit the corner and he should have got nearer to it, it had no power in it.

are his knees bad because he cant run?, he has no spring or is it because he is to big, we need pog back asap.

i know he seems to have improved by all accounts over the last few weeks, but i cant see us roaming up the table with him in the pegs.

I haven't been overly impressed with Crossley thus far but there was no way he should have been coming for that cross and he had no chance of saving the header either. Definitely down to poor defending for me.

The blame on Crossley is ludicrous. There's absolutely no blame whatsoever on the keeper for that one and to suggest that EVERY ball within 10 yards of goal is the keepers is a complete joke. If you employ that 'rule' you get lots of miscommunication for balls whizzing by at 8/9/10 yards and they're either getting left or running into each other claiming it. It's an instinct thing; the defence know what balls to go for and so does the keeper. If you've ever played in goal before you'd know this.

The fault was entirely on the defence on not keeping their line and also Davies for missing the header (he ducked right under it). I wasn't in line with the defence but could see that whilst most of them kept a high line (i.e. towards edge of penalty area) someone (apparently Hughes) played him onside. We switched off as a unit and it cost us.

The criticism of Crossley does my head in at times. The blokes held his hands up this season and said he's had a fairly poor start but since he got back into the side he's been very good and well protected by the defence. As a UNIT we've played well and that includes the goalkeeper.

to suggest that EVERY ball within 10 yards of goal is the keepers is a complete joke. If you employ that 'rule' you get lots of miscommunication for balls whizzing by at 8/9/10 yards and they're either getting left or running into each other claiming it. It's an instinct thing; the defence know what balls to go for and so does the keeper.

????? not atall mate infact the oppposite is true, if the defenders know the keeper comes for EVERYTHING then they know hes coming full stop, if they go on instinct they need to be telepathic.

i accept that its not 100% crossleys fault, for a start he didnt give away the free kick, he didnt play everybody onside and he didnt miss the header so by not catching it he made the 4th error and they scored. what im saying is he doesnt catch any crosses so teams know this and aim for the 6 yard line constantly but because we have quite a good back 4 covering all areas (heading, pace, tackling, positioning, composure) we limit teams to chances which are usually free kicks and corners and they all go to the 6 yard line because when we are scouted the scout notices this weakness.

this is not a chip on shoulder moment this is repeated pointing out of a weakness until people open their eyes.

this is not a chip on shoulder moment this is repeated pointing out of a weakness until people open their eyes.

No, this is constant sniping at a keeper who has let in 2 goals in 4 games, both which can't be deemed his fault per se.

It's quite clearly you've never played in goal before. Even at the lowest level you shouldn't just rush around leaving your goal unguarded, hence why you have to have an understanding with your defenders about what ball to go for and what not. That's why you hear "my ball" or "keepers ball" being shouted when coming to claim. According to your theory you'd not need that because the defenders would know the keeper is coming for it.

What you're trying to do is make something black and white when it isn't. Going off your theory, what happens if the keeper doesn't see a cross early enough (perhaps another player obscuring his line of sight)? It doesn't matter how fast you are, you can't cover 10 yards in a second.

The bottom line is you're nitpicking at a keeper than isn't really doing too much wrong at the moment. Sure, he's been a little wobbly early in the season but he's doing OK know IMO. And obviously Shez's too.