Best ever comeback?

Went t

I still think Sheff Utd 0-2 Oldham HT

Sheff Utd 7-2 FT almost 25 years ago takes some beating...! haha! :-(

Went to that. Zenith Data Systems cup I think?

What was that competition - I thought it was the FA Trophy, but then it had 1st and 2nd Division teams in it? Sheffield United, struggling massively in the First Division after their promotion at the end of our "Pinch Me" season scored more goals in one half than they had managed in 13 top flight games if I recall the stat correctly.

We shipped 4 in the last five minutes.

Crap journey home that one.

Went t

Went to that. Zenith Data Systems cup I think?

What was that competition - I thought it was the FA Trophy, but then it had 1st and 2nd Division teams in it? Sheffield United, struggling massively in the First Division after their promotion at the end of our "Pinch Me" season scored more goals in one half than they had managed in 13 top flight games if I recall the stat correctly.

We shipped 4 in the last five minutes.

Crap journey home that one.

Used to be called the Simod Cup too. It was always a :censored: competition for us that, much like the :censored: competition we now have to play in. Even when we looked irresistible on the plastic we still used to get teams like West Brom coming here and rinsing us. I can't recall us ever winning a match in that stupid thing.

As for comebacks. I recall a few good ones.

Shrewsbury away around 1988. 0-2 down, Palmer hattrick and won 3-2.

Hull City away in the Championship season. 0-2 down to the bottom club, drew 2-2.

Southampton away in the 'pinch me', obvs.

Sheffield Weds at home to win the title, obvs.

The Peterborough one was probably the best for me in 30 years purely because I don't think any of us gave us a prayer when we went 0-3 down before half time. All the others we had belief and knew that we'd fight back into it. Harkins was pure gravy that afternoon. I love him forever for that.

Prozac probably has quite a few more in his wank-bank somewhere. ;-)

Peterborough for me too ..

If you think about it, it was almost a double comeback as quite rightly put we were 3 nil down at half time and to get it back to 3 all was immense in itself!.

But then to go down again after the mistake from the throw in, and then to get our 4th and then the killer 5th makes it that little bit extra in my book lol

If you think about it, it was almost a double comeback as quite rightly put we were 3 nil down at half time and to get it back to 3 all was immense in itself!.

But then to go down again after the mistake from the throw in, and then to get our 4th and then the killer 5th makes it that little bit extra in my book lol

not as I remember it!

The best comeback ever has to be this...

Right, I'll tell you an anecdote. In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter career. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh, now :censored: off!

It never got to 3-3.

Right, I'll tell you an anecdote. In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter career. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh, now :censored: off!

Textbook, just textbook.

It's a wonder he didn't set Petra on you. :)

3-0 and 4-2 down... :smoking: