• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

Having a poor quality pitch last year may have actually helped us, for the first time in donkey's years we have an entertaining team who thrive on making killer passes. Having a good pitch to maintain the quality football we are currently enjoying is crucial. I don't see this issue as just another chance to whinge.

Exactly

On 23/10/2017 at 9:08 AM, Magister said:

Met Office saying over 90% chance of 9 hours rain from 12 noon tomorrow.....that would seriously damage the pitch for the season just as the Mansfield cup replay did a couple of years ago. Playing in ambient rain is the really killer for vulnerable pitches

How was your pitch inspection at 90 mins? Looked alright to me.  

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How was your pitch inspection at 90 mins? Looked alright to me.  

Really!  8 groundstaff on the pitch as I left replacing divots ....the growing season is over , there is another game on Saturday and Newcastle coming up . The pitch took a hammering tonight and you will it incrementally worsen now

7 minutes ago, Magister said:

Really!  8 groundstaff on the pitch as I left replacing divots ....the growing season is over , there is another game on Saturday and Newcastle coming up . The pitch took a hammering tonight and you will it incrementally worsen now

If you stop behind after any game anywhere in the country the groundsmen are immediately replacing divots, I think if you replace a divot within a hour of it being ripped up it will re-root itself. (times might not be accurate)

10 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If you stop behind after any game anywhere in the country the groundsmen are immediately replacing divots, I think if you replace a divot within a hour of it being ripped up it will re-root itself. (times might not be accurate)

Given heat and time it will yes.....but grass is hardly growing now and 22 great hulking bloke are  going to run over the damaged turf agin in 72 hours time....like it or lump the pitch is in far worse condition that a professional clubs pitch should be after just 7 games 

4 minutes ago, Magister said:

Given heat and time it will yes.....but grass is hardly growing now and 22 great hulking bloke are  going to run over the damaged turf agin in 72 hours time....like it or lump the pitch is in far worse condition that a professional clubs pitch should be after just 7 games 

How do you think golf clubs cope, the roots will reattach, even if the grass is growing slowly it will be fine, we have had a few deluges recently, the wind at this time of year will dry it out.

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

How do you think golf clubs cope, the roots will reattach, even if the grass is growing slowly it will be fine, we have had a few deluges recently, the wind at this time of year will dry it out.

Why do you think golf clubs have winter rules for fairway play and winter greens......oh and don't allow running and sliding

46 minutes ago, Magister said:

For somebody who seems to delight in picking holes in other posters English this is grammatically a nonsense post.

Just like the condition of the pitch-nothing wrong with it but hey you have chosen your cross so now you will get nailed to it.

13 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

14 Celsius tonight.  That grass is still growing.

Ok our pitch is fine, probably the best in the entire football league and will play like a bowling green for the rest of the season.....everybody feel happier now? 

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

For somebody who seems to delight in picking holes in other posters English this is grammatically a nonsense post.

Just like the condition of the pitch-nothing wrong with it but hey you have chosen your cross so now you will get nailed to it.

....or your nothing wrong with it will come back to bite you.

The last bloke nailed to a cross seems to have done better than the ones who did it?

PS posters needs an apostrophe ?

1 minute ago, josh_latics said:

PARKLIFE!

Quote the whole of my reply and the more cognoscenti will see the self deprecaton nature of it.....we have already had a biblical reference 2 posts above . We might has well have another.........some fell on stony ground!

1 hour ago, Magister said:

Quote the whole of my reply and the more cognoscenti will see the self deprecaton nature of it.....we have already had a biblical reference 2 posts above . We might has well have another.........some fell on stony ground!

PARKLIFE!!