Abdallah Lemsagam Poll  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Does Lemsagam owe us ka-myoo-ni-ka-shun & a Plan?

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

There's your fucking plan.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Wellens though...

One assumes you are referring to Mr. Lemsagam's statement.

Statement; a definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing.

Plana detailed proposal for doing or achieving something.

If I may quote him from his statement;

"It was not what I though would happen with the major investment I injected into the club and the playing squad we made available".

Major investment? How much more has he invested form the Corney austerity days? 5%?, 50%? Also, is it a loan that he can call in when he wants to sell it? Or, has he written off losses? And on what? Maouche's wages? If (because he's not told us) his Plan is to flood us with more 'French Lads', on his performance to date, it's a sh1t Plan and he needs to review it. Quickly.

"Above all, I want to ensure we have solid foundations and infrastructure in place to take our club forward"

OK, on what? A new pitch? New Training facilities? Finish the bar in the North Stand? If you mean what you say, tell us.....!?!?

"I am aware that the club has been short of investment over the past few years and I hope that, with careful planning and some patience, we can rebuild this club and grow together."

Hope? Careful Planning? Patience? This smacks of someone who does not have a Plan and has bought a club on a whim and prayer. It also sounds like someone who is in desperate need of help and possibly even the means.

"I am sure there are more youngsters in the town of Oldham and the surrounding areas that we can find to develop into first team players."

I'm sure there are..... so what is he gonna do to ensure he finds them? Scouting network, Coaches?

deyeres, this is not a fookin Plan.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

"It was not what I though would happen with the major investment I injected into the club and the playing squad we made available".

Major investment? How much more has he invested form the Corney austerity days? 5%?, 50%? Also, is it a loan that he can call in when he wants to sell it? Or, has he written off losses? And on what? Maouche's wages? If (because he's not told us) his Plan is to flood us with more 'French Lads', on his performance to date, it's a sh1t Plan and he needs to review it. Quickly.

"Above all, I want to ensure we have solid foundations and infrastructure in place to take our club forward"

OK, on what? A new pitch? New Training facilities? Finish the bar in the North Stand? If you mean what you say, tell us.....!?!?

"I am aware that the club has been short of investment over the past few years and I hope that, with careful planning and some patience, we can rebuild this club and grow together."

Hope? Careful Planning? Patience? This smacks of someone who does not have a Plan and has bought a club on a whim and prayer. It also sounds like someone who is in desperate need of help and possibly even the means.

"I am sure there are more youngsters in the town of Oldham and the surrounding areas that we can find to develop into first team players."

I'm sure there are..... so what is he gonna do to ensure he finds them? Scouting network, Coaches?

Andy, I like you a lot, but you really are being a dick about this. 

Just now, maddog said:

Andy, I like you a lot, but you really are being a dick about this. 

Likewise Claire.... and you're entitled to your opinion, that I also respect..... however, my view is that we [via the Trust] need to hold Mr. Lemsagam to account now over his plans and intentions..... and where possible influence them for the better or forever hold our peace, like a Leyton Orient or Stockport fan has to.

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I agree it is not a plan, but it shows that he is targetting the areas for a plan.

But of all the things you can accuse AL of, buying the club on a whim isn't one of them. He hung around for months, based himself here from Dubai, got into the inner workings of the club, waited patiently for the Fit & Proper persons and all the paperwork.  Many would have chucked their cards in.
Nah, it wasn't on a whim.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Likewise Claire.... and you're entitled to your opinion, that I also respect..... however, my view is that we [via the Trust] need to hold Mr. Lemsagam to account now over his plans and intentions..... and where possible influence them for the better or forever hold our peace, like a Leyton Orient or Stockport fan has to.

This is very welcome. Sorry Andy, forgot you were part of the Trust. Exactly what the Trust should be doing and am heartened by it.

BEing blunt, Simon Brooke has been utterly silent over the entire duration of the takeover, when we needed most communication.

Yes, please x 100.

13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It seems you want a detailed business plan of all aspects including playing staff, backroom staff and infrastructure that is costed and utterly transparent to the smallest detail.  That is not happening and has never happened anywhere else either.  You aren't entitled to it,  we aren't entitled to it.  Its a naïve request.

The trust is too quiet though.  Never hear a word, the trust site is a joke and I'm not sure what they do?  Their communication is every bit as bad (if not worse) than the clubs frankly.  If you are on the trust (I didnt know that) then I find this ironic.

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

As singe has said, he has identified and outlined a plan of which areas will be targeted and revamped. It’s not going to happen overnight. He has to assess first and then can tell us the plan for intervention. It’s a process and to do it properly takes time and thought. 

1 minute ago, singe said:

I agree it is not a plan, but it shows that he is targetting the areas for a plan.

But of all the things you can accuse AL of, buying the club on a whim isn't one of them. He hung around for months, based himself here from Dubai, got into the inner workings of the club, waited patiently for the Fit & Proper persons and all the paperwork.  Many would have chucked their cards in.
Nah, it wasn't on a whim.

I concede your argument..... but the words Hope, Careful Planning and Patience are carefully chosen to obfuscate..... he could be making clear what is going to change immediately and what is for the medium and longer term, but he failing to do so and I'm calling him out on it.....

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It seems you want a detailed business plan of all aspects including playing staff, backroom staff and infrastructure that is costed and utterly transparent to the smallest detail.  That is not happening and has never happened anywhere else either.  You aren't entitled to it,  we aren't entitled to it.  Its a naïve request.

No. I don't. I run a business myself. I'm not asking for him to share with me/us commercially sensitive information..... I am merely asking for him to share with the shareholders [The Trust] what his Capital Expenditure plans are.....

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

I concede your argument..... but the words Hope, Careful Planning and Patience are carefully chosen to obfuscate..... he could be making clear what is going to change immediately and what is for the medium and longer term, but he failing to do so and I'm calling him out on it.....

I like the words he's using and as has already been said he's not going to give us the finite detail you seem to be demanding, doing so only days after relegation would be a knee jerk reaction.

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Should have said, I agree with pretty much everything else you said.

5 minutes ago, maddog said:

As singe has said, he has identified and outlined a plan of which areas will be targeted and revamped. It’s not going to happen overnight. He has to assess first and then can tell us the plan for intervention. It’s a process and to do it properly takes time and thought. 

I'm nitpicking Claire, please forgive me, it's for entirely transparent reasons I am doing so..... however he hasn't outlined a plan. What does he mean he will do to improve infrastructure? Tell us he will relay the pitch, then relay it. Tell us, he will improve Chapel Road or move us elsewhere, then do it. He's giving us nothing to hold him to. Some of these things could happen now and do not need time and thought.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Some of these things could happen now and do not need time and thought.

Of course they need time and thought! I’d be appalled if he made knee jerk decisions just because something needs to change, instead of looking at all the options and short and long term practical and financial implications. 

As a business owner yourself, I’m surprised you’re advocating otherwise!

18 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

No. I don't. I run a business myself. I'm not asking for him to share with me/us commercially sensitive information..... I am merely asking for him to share with the shareholders [The Trust] what his Capital Expenditure plans are.....

So do I (run a business - a proper one).  I wouldn't give you what you wanted.  The Trust are under an obligation to share with the wider fan-base are they not?  I'd rather a considered approach too, one based on where we are now... i.e. less than a week from knowing our immediate and income levels.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I'm nitpicking Claire, please forgive me, it's for entirely transparent reasons I am doing so..... however he hasn't outlined a plan. What does he mean he will do to improve infrastructure? Tell us he will relay the pitch, then relay it. Tell us, he will improve Chapel Road or move us elsewhere, then do it. He's giving us nothing to hold him to. Some of these things could happen now and do not need time and thought.

His opening line in his press conference was. .

‘I’m not a billionaire’

In fact I would hedge my bets he isn’t very wealthy at all. He couldn’t afford the full asking price for ‘the club’ he had to buy a name and three stands instead. 

Maybe he can’t afford to do all the things you/we want. Maybe he put what money he could into player wages. Maybe he doesn’t want to tell us the reality of what he can and can’t do, because he doesn’t want to puncture any faint whiff of hope we might have. 

I think you want answers for the right reasons, but it ain’t happening. For the possible reasons above and the many more you or I aren’t privy to. 

18 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

12 minutes ago, maddog said:

And once he has assessed, the plan becomes more solid, and he can inform us of the actions he intends to take. 

I'm not going to have a pop, just continue this healthy discussion.

Surely, some of these things would have happened whatever League we are in.

He must have a reasonable plan, even if it has been sidetracked a bit by the issues.

Things like the piutch need to already being put into place or it will be too late, and I believe he already has started the ball rolling.

Some flesh on the bones would really spur the fans on and buy in.

I implore the Trust members (and I appreciate the time you put in voluntarily) to not sit and wait to be fed the info but actively seek it, we've had years of that approach and it's not got us anywhere.

Otherwise the Trust are finding out exactly the same time as the ordinary fan. Otherwise what is the benefit of the Trust and the benefit of being a Trust member?

This happened to me before, hence my concern, a group of us thought that lots was being done behind the scenes, turned out the leaders of the group walked away from it all months earlier.

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

His opening line in his press conference was. .

‘I’m not a billionaire’

In fact I would hedge my bets he isn’t very wealthy at all. He couldn’t afford the full asking price for ‘the club’ he had to buy a name and three stands instead. 

Maybe he can’t afford to do all the things you/we want. Maybe he put what money he could into player wages. Maybe he doesn’t want to tell us the reality of what he can and can’t do, because he doesn’t want to puncture any faint whiff of hope we might have. 

I think you want answers for the right reasons, but it ain’t happening. For the possible reasons above and the many more you or I aren’t privy to. 

Andy hasn't said he wants anything specific except more detail on where the plans are being prioritised.

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Picking on something that someone has already raised? Nice try. 

We're in the middle of transferring hosts this week.

How were we to know that?  maybe better communication?  

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

How were we to know that?  maybe better communication?  

You want a statement about a hardly viewed website being down? Ok, leave it with me - I don't have access to the social media accounts.

I said to Singe yesterday on here that I would look into it. Others were aware and we've organised a new host last night.

23 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

You want a statement about a hardly viewed website being down? Ok, leave it with me - I don't have access to the social media accounts.

I said to Singe yesterday on here that I would look into it. Others were aware and we've organised a new host last night.

I don't want to get in to this again really.  Aside from this, communication from the trust is woeful.

Archived