Does anyone know what’s happened to Fane?

Various rumours about him either being suspended by the owner, injured, or dropped. Anyone know for sure though?

I know he divides opinion on here - to say the least - but I actually think we’ve missed him in the last two matches.

11 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Wellens explained most of this in his Sun newspaper article last week.

Suspended by the owner??

If so, what a stupid thing to have done. Shot yourself in the foot there Mr Lemsagam. Nice one!!

Edited by Gary1906

14 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Missed him yesterday. 

So we played most of a season with him in the team and we ended up getting relegated when he wasn't in the team for what 3 games? Can make a much stronger case for this joke of a footballer (and Wellens) being responsible for the position we ended up.

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So we played most of a season with him in the team and we ended up getting relegated when he wasn't in the team for what 3 games? Can make a much stronger case for this joke of a footballer (and Wellens) being responsible for the position we ended up.

Nope.. we missed his energy  commitment and overall effort. That's generally all Latics fans ask for.

We had Ben Pringle FFS not even getting his knees dirty.

16 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Nope.. we missed his energy  commitment and overall effort. That's generally all Latics fans ask for.

We had Ben Pringle FFS not even getting his knees dirty.

Or Benyu last week and some of yesterday. I’d have Fane any day if it’s choice between them. I agree that we need to be doing a lot better than Fane but Pringle and Benyu have brought absolutely nothing to the team. At least with Fane you have someone who will show some enthusiasm and put a tackle in. The other two have just been total crap!!

7 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Both missing the point. Most of season in the team and we have been relegated. Enthusiasm doesn't win football matches.

And you're missing my point. Happy to admit we need an upgrade on Fane  ( although not now we are in L2)

We needed him out on the pitch yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Both missing the point. Most of season in the team and we have been relegated. Enthusiasm doesn't win football matches.

So you are saying it's Fane's fault that we are in this predicament and no-one else had an input.

If only that extra training had resulted in him learning how to save a penalty, run down the wing, put a good cross in followed by a blistering header!!!

There are only a couple of players out of the squad/management who are exempt from criticism.....all the rest have contributed to this relegation.

2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

So you are saying it's Fane's fault that we are in this predicament and no-one else had an input.

If only that extra training had resulted in him learning how to save a penalty, run down the wing, put a good cross in followed by a blistering header!!!

There are only a couple of players out of the squad/management who are exempt from criticism.....all the rest have contributed to this relegation.

Couldn't agree more, but the persistence with Fanny in midfield has been a constant thru the season whereas other players have been dropped or injured. No not down to one player but he hasn't helped.

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

Couldn't agree more, but the persistence with Fanny in midfield has been a constant thru the season whereas other players have been dropped or injured. No not down to one player but he hasn't helped.

RW said last week after the Southend game that he had to play Benyu because he was the only central midfielder that he had with Fane being unavailable. If its been a choice between those two then I’d pick Fane every time personally. Benyu offers nothing at all, neither does Pringle as far as I can see. It’s all about opinions.

9 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Suspended by the owner??

If so, what a stupid thing to have done. Shot yourself in the foot there Mr Lemsagam. Nice one!!

Doesn't it depending on what he was suspended for? Like any other employer/employee scenario.

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

Really...I heard it was Corney after several  attempts a touting the story to other tabloids.

Do tell.  You can do so without reprisal now.  Spill all of it please. 

Blame blame blame everyone looking for someone to blame,last 8 games Wellens decisions Lemsagam tinkering Corney for all off it,brassbank for some of it the twats that threw the flares to give the cobblers 5mins extra time the ref for giving a soft pen.

think we all know this has been coming, I think there is a shit storm coming, but I suppose at the end of the day as bad as most of us feel we’ll be back next season?

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Do tell.  You can do so without reprisal now.  Spill all of it please. 

I thought it as soon as I became aware of the article, then I heard it from another source too

the pressure is on for him to resign and he is coming out fighting.......he is still a director of  OAFC so he might still come and get me though....eek

Just now, underdog said:

I thought it as soon as I became aware of the article, then I heard it from another source too

the pressure is on for him to resign and he is coming out fighting.......he is still a director of  OAFC so he might still come and get me though....eek

He doesnt need to resign. They can get rid.

Just now, kowenicki said:

He doesnt need to resign. They can get rid.

Yes they can but I believe there are business process to follow, legal paperwork to do/formal stuff if they decide to. I'm not sure how long this can take.

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

Yes they can but I believe there are business process to follow, legal paperwork to do/formal stuff if they decide to. I'm not sure how long this can take.

A day. Get an aggressive lawyer and send him a strong legal letter and tell him he’s gone. It’s that simple. He can have no argument. He can then get legal in response if he wants but a) why would he and b ) he’d lose.  

He’s probably ‘bad leaver’ anyway as he must have surely reneged on an agreement to resign once the sale was finalised.

Edited by kowenicki

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

A day. Get an aggressive lawyer and send him a strong legal letter and tell him he’s gone. It’s that simple. He can have no argument. He can then get legal in response if he wants but a) why would he and b ) he’d lose.  

He’s probably ‘bad leaver’ anyway as he must have surely reneged on an agreement to resign once the sale was finalised.

Ohhhhhhh..I will say "I" as not to get any other Trust directors embroiled in this post. I would love to do a warts and all expose on the man on how he has conducted himself in the last few seasons.

hmmmm.....maybe on the lines of the secret footballer....oh well I am sure someone is already on the case....now where's that   journalist who had that big expose when you need him...hmmm

i am a firm believer in karma and it will all come out in the end I'm sure

Just now, underdog said:

Ohhhhhhh..I will say "I" as not to get any other Trust directors embroiled in this post. I would love to do a warts and all expose on the man on how he has conducted himself in the last few seasons.

hmmmm.....maybe on the lines of the secret footballer....oh well I am sure someone is already on the case....now where's that   journalist who had that big expose when you need him...hmmm

i am a firm believer in karma and it will all come out in the end I'm sure

if by conduct you mean being awkward and uncooperative I doubt anyone will care.  Unless he’s committed an offence it’s irrelevsnt and uninteresting really. If he has committed an offence then the trust board rep has also committed one by not reporting it.