L1 and L2 post covid support, model and Proposal

Damian Collins MP

Proposal of L1 and L2 Post Covid support. A podcast discussion with the MP and various supporters Trust over the model and a written statement. I think Chris Stringer (Opinions4U) lad does some journalism for them

http://d3d4football.com/d3d4-football-podcast-extra-damian-collins-interview/?fbclid=IwAR03VwbTmsYHLHAGOYiEijrBUu5zFHgttPxvCBvXqNO6ivhaJWcgz8lCBsY

we are mentioned about 35.10 with regards to creative accounting

https://damiancollins.com/a-way-forward-for-football/

Thought it is worth a thread in its own right with a view to a discussion

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Did we ever publish anything that claimed £6m profit, phantom or otherwise? 

I have slept since but is this not the 17/18 accounts? When there was a shift from £5million from a deficit to a positive? Re the stand. I remember a Trust meeting when Jason Flynn commented on it about October time. I can only recollect this

18/19 accounts are due at CH on the 26th June. Think Trust meeting notes published yesterday mentioned this. and they will be a vote as a shareholder to accept/query them. They were working with the club with regards to what they are entitled to see. 

I know you have a better eye on this stuff than I.

With reference to the thread title, the following extract from an article on the BBC Sport Web pages is interesting 🤔 

An EFL spokesman said: "The EFL has been consulting with its member clubs for some time regarding potential changes to financial and sustainability regulations with the aim of improving the current position in all three divisions.

"These discussions, which commenced prior to the Covid-19 outbreak and have continued throughout the crisis, have included reviews of the divisional cost controls currently in place and the potential introduction of new measures such as salary caps and squad size limits. Discussions with clubs remain ongoing."

It has to come in the EFL (and that includes Championship clubs who, according to Deloitte, spend 107% of revenue on wages alone)😮

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

With reference to the thread title, the following extract from an article on the BBC Sport Web pages is interesting 🤔 

An EFL spokesman said: "The EFL has been consulting with its member clubs for some time regarding potential changes to financial and sustainability regulations with the aim of improving the current position in all three divisions.

"These discussions, which commenced prior to the Covid-19 outbreak and have continued throughout the crisis, have included reviews of the divisional cost controls currently in place and the potential introduction of new measures such as salary caps and squad size limits. Discussions with clubs remain ongoing."

It has to come in the EFL (and that includes Championship clubs who, according to Deloitte, spend 107% of revenue on wages alone)😮

Portsmouth were paying about this rate of revenue on players wages when they were in the Premiership. It just helps to grease the inevitable slide to League 2 and beyond.

Archived