Shez thinks we were excellent in the first half

REALLY???????

I am sorry Sheridan if you think that was excellent please remove the name plaque of the managers door and don't turn back! cos that brand of excellent football will test even the hardent of fans. Once that happens TTA certainly will lose the faith with Latics.

I hate being this negative about the team in my blood, I just can't keep making excuses for this side Sheridan as built. It's utter bull to watch and the hopeless feeling I am beginning to feel is getting me down. Week after week I keep thinking the players are to good and it'll start to gel soon................................... but the football just isn't coming.

Edited by Lags

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huddersfield like Cheltenham were there for the taking, we lacked the quality going forward to finish them off.

Why oh why did we pump hight balls up to Wolfenden? The centre halves had a field day against him, and made Wolfenden look :censored: on one of his rare starts.

Huddersfield like Cheltenham were there for the taking, we lacked the quality going forward to finish them off.

Why oh why did we pump hight balls up to Wolfenden? The centre halves had a field day against him, and made Wolfenden look :censored: on one of his rare starts.

Since new year's day League and Cup

P37 W12 D9 L16

Mediocrity at best!

League Record (not inc play offs)

P30 W10 D8 L12 F35 A39 Pts38 Makes worrying reading. Shez let himself down last season by trying to win promotion with 11 men rather than gambling on signings when money had been publicly made available. He went down in my estimation when he stated that five or 6 of his team which was 2nd in the League wasn't good enough for the league above - way to motivate your team! Then scraping together a play off target at Easter when auto was still on. I know he's a legend and done a lot of good things as a player and manager but for me the honeymoon is over and it is time to deliver. Whether he made the signings out of choice or not, many managers at this level would kill for the budget he had this summer and for the chance to work with the talent at his disposal. I hope he turns it round and gets us playing the way I know we can and he needs to start by taking a look at himself.

Edited by oafcprozac

Since new year's day League and Cup

P37 W12 D9 L16

Mediocrity at best!

League Record (not inc play offs)

P30 W10 D8 L12 F35 A39 Pts38 Makes worrying reading. Shez let himself down last season by trying to win promotion with 11 men rather than gambling on signings when money had been publicly made available. He went down in my estimation when he stated that five or 6 of his team which was 2nd in the League wasn't good enough for the league above - way to motivate your team! Then scraping together a play off target at Easter when auto was still on. I know he's a legend and done a lot of good things as a player and manager but for me the honeymoon is over and it is time to deliver. Whether he made the signings out of choice or not, many managers at this level would kill for the budget he had this summer and for the chance to work with the talent at his disposal. I hope he turns it round and gets us playing the way I know we can and he needs to start by taking a look at himself.

Totally agree, this makes worrying reading and hopefully Shez will be the man to turn it round

Very worried....yet, Shez made moves at the end of last season to arrest the slump we went too....this season though, he seems utterly blind to it. "Excellent" in that first half? Did we string more than 3 passes to blue shirts once in the whole game? Very rare if we did. It wouldn't worry me so much, if Shez could see it and not make excuses (well, it ain't excuses in his eyes coz it's all alright supposedly) about not beating the 2nd poorest side, other than Walsall in this league so far. I'd be happy with a top 10 effort this season. On evidence, we're no----ingwhere near a top 10 place playing as we are.

I don't mind watching poor, or even dire football, if we look like we're testing sides and have a number of decent chances to win and get results. Ok...we got 1pt from home...and 1pt away is good IF you follow it up with 3pts at home only! And at present, we ain't looking very secure at home. We had a few chances yesterday, but again, very few tested their GK. And we could've lost it with Cademateri skying a sitter over the bar and they should've had a pen for a blatent shove in the back right near the end. KK could've sealed it for us, but we played a god-awful side and we got a point. Last seasons side would've spanked Udders again yesterday.

Sort it Shez! I'm not saying we should be world beaters, or even playoff hopefuls. But not being even top 10 hopefuls, is worrying. Very worrying!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Sort it Shez! I'm not saying we should be world beaters, or even playoff hopefuls. But not being even top 10 hopefuls, is worrying. Very worrying!

it was publicly stated that the whole aim of this season was promotion.

so no we dont expect the team to be world beaters,but yes definately playoff hopefulls.thats what the club has led us to believe.

i got slated a few weeks back for saying if were in bottom 5 at christmas we should change the manager.

wonder how many will be asking the same question if we are.

The season hasn't started well. I think this sqaud is short of a player or two. Shez will get a chance to change it abit at christmas not doubt. But I do think there is abit of panicking going on.

Even if we are fifth from bottom then we need to give shez a fair crack at the whip. give him time to turn things around. we had a lot of players come and go in the summer and the new players need abit of time to bed down. I think talk of shez being shown the door a silly and irresponsible. we can't keep changing managers every year!

The season hasn't started well. I think this sqaud is short of a player or two. Shez will get a chance to change it abit at christmas not doubt. But I do think there is abit of panicking going on.

Even if we are fifth from bottom then we need to give shez a fair crack at the whip. give him time to turn things around. we had a lot of players come and go in the summer and the new players need abit of time to bed down. I think talk of shez being shown the door a silly and irresponsible. we can't keep changing managers every year!

A bit of panicking, is the understatement of all time, other than that spot on.

The players we have need to knuckle down and start playing as a team. The defence looks very good. Hazell has proved to a revelation and if Beresford carries on playing like he did on Saturday then he'll get a longer deal too. Our problems lie in midfield, I'll be honest I wasn't keen on re-signing Kilkenny and I've been proved right in the respect that I just don't think the guy has improved in the two seasons he's been back at Brum, much as I hate to admit it Wellens is a far better player in the respect he keeps the ball, if he had improved (KK) Bruce would've played him more. Allott despite being tidy offers nothing in an attacking sense, JP wins the ball but midfield and attack are too far apart to capitalise. Macca could be answer as he likes to drop deep and make runs into the box but his confidence is destroyed.

However the answer is staring us in the face. The midfield and attack are too far apart, so if we continue to play in the style (???) we have done so far this season, we neeed a link man, someone to play in the hole. Well the most gifted player at the club could be the problem solved......................Andy Liddell. Push him into the middle, with him dropping off, I'm sure we will see a difference, why not experiment at Donny, nowt to lose.

Team for Donny 4 3 1 2

Marlon

Eardley

Gregan

Hazell

Betrand

Taylor (on the Right, last chance saloon)

Kilkenny

Kalala

Lidds (in the hole and drift wide as needed)

Ricketts

Davies

Subs: Smalley

Taylor

Allessandra

Macca

Allott

The players we have need to knuckle down and start playing as a team. The defence looks very good. Hazell has proved to a revelation and if Beresford carries on playing like he did on Saturday then he'll get a longer deal too. Our problems lie in midfield, I'll be honest I wasn't keen on re-signing Kilkenny and I've been proved right in the respect that I just don't think the guy has improved in the two seasons he's been back at Brum, much as I hate to admit it Wellens is a far better player in the respect he keeps the ball, if he had improved (KK) Bruce would've played him more. Allott despite being tidy offers nothing in an attacking sense, JP wins the ball but midfield and attack are too far apart to capitalise. Macca could be answer as he likes to drop deep and make runs into the box but his confidence is destroyed.

However the answer is staring us in the face. The midfield and attack are too far apart, so if we continue to play in the style (???) we have done so far this season, we neeed a link man, someone to play in the hole. Well the most gifted player at the club could be the problem solved......................Andy Liddell. Push him into the middle, with him dropping off, I'm sure we will see a difference, why not experiment at Donny, nowt to lose.

I totaly agree that midfield is a problem. Killkenny has been a let down for me and I think Allott well like say being tidy just isnt producing enough useable balls! I was amazed that we went for Allott, im just not seeing what use he is to us. All this said, the side is still bedding down and we need to give it more time. I think the additon of another face or two is a must at christmas. If we dont have the wages avilable then we need to look at loans and the possability of moving someone on.

Im trusting shez to sort it out.

Edited by oafc0000

Saturday was pretty poor. The defence looked comfortable but thereafter, we struggled. Where is the passing? We were promised that by Shez. Woolfy is out of his depth; when he managed to see the ball on Saturday he rarely did anything that added any value.

No wonder Davies kept the ball, I bet that he couldn't see anyone who could do anything with it on Saturday.

We need a good coach. And we need to either dispel the drinking rumours (Taylor) or sort them out. We are turning into a team of high paid boozers.

Team for Donny 4 3 1 2

Marlon

Eardley

Gregan

Hazell

Betrand

Taylor (on the Right, last chance saloon)

Kilkenny

Kalala

Lidds (in the hole and drift wide as needed)

Ricketts

Davies

Subs: Smalley

Taylor

Allessandra

Macca

Allott

Not even a place on the bench for Wolfie? :shock:

Did you mean Wolfie on the bench instead of Taylor?

Guest sheridans_world

Taylor needs a month in the reserves.

We were in control in the first half, should have won it from there. Killer shouldnt have taken the extra few touches.

Betrand looked off colour after his telling off.

Cant wait fro Rico and Hughesy to be fit again

Wolfy played well.

Deane Smalley fit again.

LOOK ON THE BRIGHTSIDE - WE DIDNT LOOSE AND WE ONLY HAD ONE FIRST TEAM STRIKER ON THE PITCH!!

Taylor needs a month in the reserves.

We were in control in the first half, should have won it from there. Killer shouldnt have taken the extra few touches.

Betrand looked off colour after his telling off.

Cant wait fro Rico and Hughesy to be fit again

Wolfy played well.

Deane Smalley fit again.

LOOK ON THE BRIGHTSIDE - WE DIDNT LOOSE AND WE ONLY HAD ONE FIRST TEAM STRIKER ON THE PITCH!!

well said. hudds didnt have a shot in the 1st half and we were 1 nil up, so yes we were excellent. not outstanding, but excellent, asin our performance excelled above the opposition.

Guest sheridans_world
not outstanding, but excellent, asin our performance excelled above the opposition.

Yes that is crucial, people may think excellent is premiership football, it isnt, excellent is when you are better than your opponents.

Saturday was pretty poor. The defence looked comfortable but thereafter, we struggled. Where is the passing? We were promised that by Shez. Woolfy is out of his depth; when he managed to see the ball on Saturday he rarely did anything that added any value.

No wonder Davies kept the ball, I bet that he couldn't see anyone who could do anything with it on Saturday.

We need a good coach. And we need to either dispel the drinking rumours (Taylor) or sort them out. We are turning into a team of high paid boozers.

Wolfy is not out of his depth, if we play high balls to him then he is not going to be able to do much is he. I can only remember once when someone managed to almost play him through they didnt fully but he managed to get past his man and then Kilkenny took it off him on the edge of the area. Play him alongside Ricketts and he will play much much better. I've seen him play loads in the reserves and yes i know it's not the same as the first team but he is a clever little player and i remember seeing him run rings round Heinze (at least i think it was him) in a manchester senior cup game a couple of season ago.

The midfield needs sorting, if Wellens wanted more money we shoud have give it to him and not bothered with Kilkenny and either JP and Allott - they both play virtually exactly the same game. Wellens made our team tick, it was said by many whilst he was here that when he didnt play the team didnt play, this is being proved this season. Somone said above that Liddell should play in the centre, thats all well and good he would be able to play good balls through but it's clear he does not have the legs to play centre midfield it would need to be 3 playing behind him in the middle like we did pre-season and with Eardley and Bertrand pushing on down the wings - there both fit young kids and should be able to get up and down the wings - with either Allot or JP dropping back and covering in defence for when the full backs push up.

Were missing Porters goals as well but the amount of money he wanted it was never going to happen but we have got good enough replacements in for him and the goals will come in time.

At least the defence seems sorted and i was pleased to see Eardley have a good game though i think he could have pushed on a bit more. I'm sure gregan must be coming up to a ban though, he got booked again on Saturday and i'm pretty sure he's already had a few

he might not be as bad alongside hazel, he looked bad with greegs cos theyre both slow

im not advocating we should change the manager,not in the slightest.

but questions need to be asked and aswered.

we have had a disaster of a start,and were not playing anything like we was last season.

yes players have moved on,but fans havent,and they need to get over it.

shez hasnt bought well,and that will cost us dearly come january.

with the exception of hazell and bertrand,this team has been together since pre-season,so just how much time do they need to gel.

if were not carefull we will end up in a vicious cirlcle,of players coming in on mass,and leaving on mass after 1 season,which means no cohesion,and having a manager in charge who is the cheap option.