Times Up its seems Penney.

sadly we lost again to a good team of Norwich i hate to say that penney will be going because corney will act like he did with shez penney is not special atall and if we lose on sat v Excter then folks he will be gone who knows he may go now i hate to say this.

As a oldham fan i cant see all this happening all the time surely we can get a decent boss in for once and for all.

Edited by RoyleArmy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly we lost again to a good team of Norwich i hate to say that penney will be going because corney will act like he did with shez penney is not special atall and if we lose on sat v Excter then folks he will be gone who knows he may go now i hate to say this.

As a oldham fan i cant see all this happening all the time surely we can get a decent boss in for once and for all.

jog on

next 3 games are important as we play 3 poor sides, lose all of these and its goodnight vienna. 20th now.

We all saw exactly what happened when we jerked the knee and got rid of Shez last season. Since then we've been in freefall so sacking Penney will IMO virtually seal our fate.

He gets until end of January at the very earliest.

I think around January we can start asking some serious questions... Only problem is that will be too late to bring new players in...

I think we are stuck with Penney to be frank and we just have to pray he turns around...

Aye, I want to see what he does in January, or who he brings in. He's had rotten luck with injuries so he gets the benefit of the doubt.

I'd only be happy for him to go if Keith Hill was his replacement.

Why would Keith Hill come here? This time next year there is a good chance Dale will be a league above us

I think around January we can start asking some serious questions... Only problem is that will be too late to bring new players in...

I think we are stuck with Penney to be frank and we just have to pray he turns around...

True, but sacking him now, or even at Christmas would compound our problems. It's tricky.

If we somehow manage to find some balls and fight, scratch, gouge our way to 6/7 points out of the next 9 then you can at least point to us actually having the stomach for the fight, which would indicate we have enough, along with returning players to keep us up.

We're in serious, serious trouble though. Make no mistake.

penney was a p**s poor choice in the first place he was only signed because they got him on the cheap,typical of tta recently,i know they came in and saved the club but the way they are going about things now its going exacly the same way as before.the next three games i can see going the same way as the past games,heffernan was supposed to come in and make a difference ,he gets taken off 4 mins into 2nd half and replaced with one of the worst players that has pulled on a latics shirt, that tells me penney is tactically inept and should go before he is pushed.

Aye was just going to say I think the anti penney brigade need to get together, start a whipround, organise sponsored swim/walk/run/cycle/ball scratching etc, and give Simon Blitz a bell once they get to the 150k mark.

As that is the only way we will be paying off his contract.

We all saw exactly what happened when we jerked the knee and got rid of Shez last season. Since then we've been in freefall so sacking Penney will IMO virtually seal our fate.

If that's the case, he might as well go now.

We need a settled side and settled management team...I would be happy to see Abbot and Blackman playing up front as a regular pairing.

The chances of O'Grady and Fleming returning in January are looking increasingly likely.

Aye was just going to say I think the anti penney brigade need to get together, start a whipround, organise sponsored swim/walk/run/cycle/ball scratching etc, and give Simon Blitz a bell once they get to the 150k mark.

As that is the only way we will be paying off his contract.

Like I said, if I win the lottery tonight I will stump up the cash :D

What galls me though is how far off the pace we've been. We've not just been getting beaten, but comfortably beaten. We have no attacking threat whatsoever, no cover in almost all areas and no desire. We're so far off the mark it isn't even funny.

All we can do until January is hope that Penney can turn around what players we have left. Then come the transfer window, hope to God that TTA gve the green light for two or three decent signings.

I shant, however, be holding my breath for either of these outcomes.....

Bottom four by 5pm next Saturday is almost guaranteed.

Perhaps after you've seen the team your opinions on the players will be even more pertinent and valuable.

I dont really have an opinion on players... I simply apply the league position and the almost total view of the press and fans that we suck...and it needs fixing...

Edited by oafc0000

penney was a p**s poor choice in the first place he was only signed because they got him on the cheap,typical of tta recently,i know they came in and saved the club but the way they are going about things now its going exacly the same way as before.

You know, TTA have made some pretty bad decisions regarding managers, but whenever they have secured a new manager not one, and I mean not a single soul came on ranting and raving about it being the wrong choice. Not until hindsight has well and truly taken over.

They've tried everything, from cult heroes (Shez, BF Joe), managers with track records of promotions (Talbot, Moore) and now opting for a no-nonsense manager who knows the lower leagues (Penney). Whilst the jury is well and truly out with him, you have to admit that picking a manager to take us on and give us a team to be proud of hasn't been easy. In fact, if anything, they've pressed the trigger at the wrong times.

You know, TTA have made some pretty bad decisions regarding managers, but whenever they have secured a new manager not one, and I mean not a single soul came on ranting and raving about it being the wrong choice. Not until hindsight has well and truly taken over.

Not true...

I said Shez was a poor appointment... From day one...

I was not impressed with Pennys appointment either...