Times Up its seems Penney.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that we can hope for is that Penney turns us round, because the only people that would want the latcs job are the desperate failure journeyman managers who couldnt get a job anywhere else.

I think he will.

Let's be fair to the guy: on appointment most said that this would be a season of building a team.

We should let him get on and do exactly that. The return of Taylor and Abbott, a couple in and a couple out in January and it will turn in to the mid-table season we all expected.

I only fear Poyet's Brighton beneath us. There are a lot of poor teams in the places above us.

He dose not want it mate...

Never said he did, and where is your proof he wouldnt want it if he got offered it?

Quick question:

Is our youth set-up really that great?

Getting a bit fed up of promising youngsters coming through and not quite making it.

(this is not an anti-TP post, but I don't seem to be seeing anything beyond ordinary).

Knows the in the squad very well, knows how to motivate them

If anyone can get our promsing youngsters performing in the first team it is philishirk, he knows more about there game, where to play them, how to motivate them better than anyone else in the club, also he will have good links with bigger clubs which would enable us to capture some promising youngsters on loan from the premiership

:shock: Good lord no

Because...?

Never said he did, and where is your proof he wouldnt want it if he got offered it?

Knows the in the squad very well, knows how to motivate them

If anyone can get our promsing youngsters performing in the first team it is philishirk, he knows more about there game, where to play them, how to motivate them better than anyone else in the club, also he will have good links with bigger clubs which would enable us to capture some promising youngsters on loan from the premiership

Because...?

How about zero managerial experience at first team level for a kick off?

He has stated in the past he dose not want the job... What more do you want?

In the past, not in more recent times

How about zero managerial experience at first team level for a kick off?

And what managerial experience at first team level experience did shez have?

Also if you believe someone shouldnt be appointed due to no previous managerial experience at first team level, what do you suggest for the future of managers?

"no we cant appoint u cos u got no first team managerial experience"

EVERYONE that knows Tony knows he likes working with kids... But feel free to keep this up...

A spell with Eyres...

Doesnt mean if offered then he wouldnt consider or accept it,

a few games when we was in admin..

if penney does go, how about dux as care-taker manager then before someone else takes the vacany..

or wud tht be a no becos of no first team experience?

because it was TTA's that sacked him, not us, the opinion that matters more is TTA's, & they just wanna make money

they may have given him the boot....but it was fan power that did foir him....im telling you now...if season tickets had been renewed in the same quantitys as the previous 2 seasons he wouldnt have been sacked

he played a style not many liked,but it did the trick and if tta hadnt of shat themselfs he would have got a second full season

they may have given him the boot....but it was fan power that did foir him....im telling you now...if season tickets had been renewed in the same quantitys as the previous 2 seasons he wouldnt have been sacked

he played a style not many liked,but it did the trick and if tta hadnt of shat themselfs he would have got a second full season

Fans opinions only come into account with the majority of clubs when it results in a drop of income

Not true...

I said Shez was a poor appointment... From day one...

I was not impressed with Pennys appointment either...

good quote.

You were not impressed with shez, he made the play offs in his first season. Does that say something aabout your judgement? You were plainly wrong on that one.

Season 2 8th; then 7th (?) when sacked.

Great decisions.

Hopefully your judgement of penney is as good as your judgement of shez.

one more area youve failed in. :grin:

FFS we have 6-7 first team players out injured, any team missing that many first team players would struggle.

Get behind the team and manager instead of starting stupid posts like this. We sacked Shez and looked what happened how many games did we win under Royle a big fat 1.

good quote.

You were not impressed with shez, he made the play offs in his first season. Does that say something aabout your judgement? You were plainly wrong on that one.

Season 2 8th; then 7th (?) when sacked.

Great decisions.

Hopefully your judgement of penney is as good as your judgement of shez.

one more area youve failed in. :grin:

Stop being mean to him.

Just saw reals reply...

I did not back Sheridan and to a small extent I have to admit I was wrong. But at the time I declared he would never get us promoted and I have been proven right on that one. What could a decent proven manager have done with the same budget ? Oh, we sacked that option as well (Moores).... I thought Shez deserved the sack, but not with 9 games to go, he should of been allowed to see the season out.