davies needs to go

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the moment where Davies shot and hit the side netting?

That was a good chance, can't blame Davie for taking it on, there three defenders in the middle with Hughes.

yes, but i seem to remember there was one defender between him and hughes.

we badlty needed to go 2-0 up and we paid the price as the half wore on.

perhaps shez can persuade him to pass to his fellow strikers. but somehow i very much doubt it.

Is that the moment where Davies shot and hit the side netting?

That was a good chance, can't blame Davie for taking it on, there three defenders in the middle with Hughes.

I'm not having there was 3 defenders with Hughes because there certainly were not (if it's the chance shooting towards the RRE where predictable, the undoubtably talented yet forever frustrating Davies failed to square the ball.)

His tail seems to always be between his legs that lad, maybe a few reserve games if & when the big lad Leon comes back into town.

Like many have said though he has his potential a rough diamond who likes to clear the bar too often.

I'm not having there was 3 defenders with Hughes because there certainly were not (if it's the chance shooting towards the RRE where predictable, the undoubtably talented yet forever frustrating Davies failed to square the ball.)

His tail seems to always be between his legs that lad, maybe a few reserve games if & when the big lad Leon comes back into town.

Like many have said though he has his potential a rough diamond who likes to clear the bar too often.

There were THREE defenders on the box, two in the middle, one closing down Davies. Davies did the right thing, to square it the Hughes he'd have to hope the ball beat the three defenders and somehow found Hughes.

There were THREE defenders on the box, two in the middle, one closing down Davies. Davies did the right thing, to square it the Hughes he'd have to hope the ball beat the three defenders and somehow found Hughes.

Yes,but Hughes was clear of the other two defenders. Not only that,Davies was at a tight angle and tried to beat the keeper at his near post. Wrong decision but then Davies seems to fall into this trap all too often. The lad has talent but needs to channel it better.

he did cost us the game today and if we sign clarke he will be dropped.

it seems like all season he cant pass until he has scored and as the games go by he is getting worse especially seeing as its been a few weeks since his last goal.

the same little drag back he tried at least 5 times today didnt come off and he sulked, if he got the ball anywhere within 30 yards of goal he didnt want to pass and thought he could do it all himself.

it was summed up when he lost the ball and allott and i think macca went in on one man, the ball broke loose and davies slammed the ball as hard as he could into the crowd when if he composed himself we could have taken possesion in the attacking third.

maybe the sub had somrthing to do with conceding but we should have been home and dry by then and davies is a lot to do with that.

away we brake and use his pace at home he is a one man band

raw talent is one thing , but total tunnel vision and selfishness is another.

.........oh and he tried to pick a fight with trotman while the game was ongoing because he was told to sort his act out

for me he isnt the partner for hughes up front. also too greedy, there was a great chance to go 2-0 up halfway into the 2nd half. the guy is too greedy with hughes screaming for it in the middle as usual he shoots.

we need to kill teams off, you could tell from that last minute corner it was going in the net.

What a load of rubbish.

1, It is his first full season (both with us and back in this country).

2, He is 22 (I think ?).

3, Defends from the front.

4, Causes opposition defences problems. (as stated recently by recent opposition managers)

5, Has pace to burn.

6, Doesn't hide if his misses an opportuntiy.

7, Can use his head.

8, Can score from long range.

9, Has scored 10 goals this season.

10, Is our leading goal scorer.

PLUS - I would be REALLY worried if our top scorer was not shooting when he thinks he could score.

So he is an unknown quantity.

Many other managers (opposition and pundits) raved about him and say how much he unsettled their back four.

He is young and he is keen and he is involved in a lot of the play. You therefore tend to see a lot of him during a match and will therefore see more mistakes or decisions you disagree with.

I sadly think he may go. I am not sure that I would stay and try and fight it out with some of our fans if I were him. :disappointed:

Still, we could always look forward to him coming back and scoring a winner against us - or even watching him on Match of the Day and Sky on Sunday afternoon; or Wales at some point - and we'll all say "He used to play for us you know"....... and you know it is going to happen.

It is really sad and I am seriously not happy.

Also, I don't care if anyone disagrees with me - because that it just the way I feel -_-

What a load of rubbish.

2, He is 22 (I think ?).

4, Causes opposition defences problems. (as stated recently by recent opposition managers)

5, Has pace to burn.

7, Can use his head.

PLUS - I would be REALLY worried if our top scorer was not shooting when he thinks he could score.

Many other managers (opposition and pundits) raved about him and say how much he unsettled their back four.

He is young and he is keen and he is involved in a lot of the play. You therefore tend to see a lot of him during a match and will therefore see more mistakes or decisions you disagree with.

I sadly think he may go. I am not sure that I would stay and try and fight it out with some of our fans if I were him. :disappointed:

Still, we could always look forward to him coming back and scoring a winner against us - or even watching him on Match of the Day and Sky on Sunday afternoon; or Wales at some point - and we'll all say "He used to play for us you know"....... and you know it is going to happen.

Also, I don't care if anyone disagrees with me - because that it just the way I feel -_-

Spot on Rick - Well put

What a load of rubbish.

2, He is 22 (I think ?).

5, Has pace to burn.

7, Can use his head.

Well said. There is plenty to work with. He is raw, sometimes needs telling off, ut lots of strikers need that. He will be a good striker.

I'm sick of laticxs fans getting on some players backs. Hughes never ever gets stick. A perfect example was Donny. When davies missed his chance through on on one he was slated. In the lat minute hughes missed one on one.. "HUGHESY HUGHESY HUGHESY" Rang around the place. Why, surely he should have been barracked? I am not having a go at hughes, I'm saying this favourtism culture that latics fans have really gets to me and I can see myself being thrown out one day as I have a go at one of our own "supporters".

What a load of rubbish.

2, He is 22 (I think ?).

5, Has pace to burn.

7, Can use his head.

absolutely, well said

you would hope so wouldn't you! :grin:

Certainly don't want Craigy Boy to go, but his attitude has stunk since the Bournemouth game and he id definitely a bit jealous of HUghes rapport with the crowd. Unless he was injured, to storm down the tunnel aftern being subbed is a bit naughty too. Personally think a major kick up the arse is in order but after that maybe a reassuring arm too. Afterall he is still a kid with not many League games in his locker. THe most frustrating thing for me is his greediness, if he did pass more he'd be top of the assists league too. one thing that does worry me is his body languange and the fact he has scored 1 in 12. Definitely need the new striker this week.........

Well said Prozac. He's been sulking for weeks now, maybe months. He's playing with his head down and shoulders hunched, choosing the wrong option more often than not. I don't think it's a coincidence that it's happened since Hughesy has come into the team. Seems to me Davies wants to be the only superstar around here but when it comes to it he's light years behind Hughesy in so many aspects.

And I forgot about him sulking off up the tunnel straight to the dressing room. Now that's a great attitude eh?

Also forgot about the time, I think it was after he blazed wide in the 2nd half with Hughesy wide open. Well moments later Shez and TW just stood there staring at Davies for a good period almost in disbelief. Don't think it was due to the miss, just his all round terrible attitude and lack of desire. I'd put money on him creating a bit of a divide in the dressing room as well. When you've 9 outfield players running their balls off and they see Davies sulking around up front, wasting the ball that they've worked hard to win, well I'd be peed off. And great support for the rest of your teammates from the dressing room Craig.

And sorry, I'm not one to use the line "i'll pay my money..." but as long as Davies continues to act as though the world is against him he'll continue to get stick from me.

E4e

2GOOD

Well said Prozac. He's been sulking for weeks now, maybe months. He's playing with his head down and shoulders hunched, choosing the wrong option more often than not. I don't think it's a coincidence that it's happened since Hughesy has come into the team. Seems to me Davies wants to be the only superstar around here but when it comes to it he's light years behind Hughesy in so many aspects.

And I forgot about him sulking off up the tunnel straight to the dressing room. Now that's a great attitude eh?

Also forgot about the time, I think it was after he blazed wide in the 2nd half with Hughesy wide open. Well moments later Shez and TW just stood there staring at Davies for a good period almost in disbelief. Don't think it was due to the miss, just his all round terrible attitude and lack of desire. I'd put money on him creating a bit of a divide in the dressing room as well. When you've 9 outfield players running their balls off and they see Davies sulking around up front, wasting the ball that they've worked hard to win, well I'd be peed off. And great support for the rest of your teammates from the dressing room Craig.

And sorry, I'm not one to use the line "i'll pay my money..." but as long as Davies continues to act as though the world is against him he'll continue to get stick from me.

E4e

2GOOD

Davies certainly has a problem with Hughes, if he is indeed causing problems in the dressing room then this needs to be sorted as well and PDQ, otherwise i can only see Davies going one place and thats out of the door, which really would be a shame

E4e

2GOOD

What a shame Craig Davies doesn't have the footballing brian of LatikNik, neiladamsheadband and oafcprozac.

Then he would be a world beater - providing he can get his head sorted out. He clearly doesn't do any running or put in any effort and doesn't care for the team. Oh apart from being upset at being subbed, and that was really wrong of him.

I really can not understand the mentality of some of the posters on here at times.

For me - I think Davies has the potential to be a stunning lower division player, however, i am really struggling to see how it is going to be as a striker.... I really think he needs to earn his spurs, and take him out of the direct firing line, as with many young strikers with pace I would get him out wide, or a wide striker in a three - and try to teach him that it is not his responsibility to win the game on his own every time.... get him wide, get the whites of the sticks out of his sight line, and encourage him to use his pace for the benifit of others.... for me, i also think his shooting is woeful (he will get better, but his skill and pace are bigger assets) so he is just not playing to his strengths being a central striker.....

I dont think there is any doubt that some of our success away from home comes from the 4-5-1 formation we tend to play..... Davies being wide drags players out and gives more space to hughesy, and hughesy takes his chances as the ball falls to him on the edge of the box - not davies.... away from home davies tends to be massively less greedy - I dont know the reasoning for this - fans, tactics, whatever - but it works.... and it gives Hughes chances.... Would love to see the conversion rates of chances Home Vs Away - purely because Davies does not get an opportunity to shoot...

This is not a pop at Davies - I think he is going to be a very effective player - however, i cant see it as a main striker... people can quote how many goals he scores till the cows come in - but the fact is that if he was playing wider, with another striker up top with Hughesy, I fel he would be massively more effective - and the team would score more goals - and we might get a home record like our away record...

If we get Clarke - 3 up top with Clarke in the centre is incredibly exciting... as does the though of Davies and Taylor playing wide in almost a 4-2-4 formation.... would love to se ehow many teams could cope with that... and it should make home games more exciting!

Sit down and behave yourself as the chaddy chant !

He needs competition for his place.

He needs confidence again

He needs to be cheered rather than boo'd !

As you sew so shall you reap. You are damn right I was booing him, the selfish, arrogant, one dimensional, lazy sod. Had he played for the team yesterday instead of thinking he is Ronaldo then we would have been three up at halftime with Hughes having had a hat trick. I watched him walk straight down the tunnel after his deserved and much too late substitution. So much for team spirit and supporting your mates. I have never in all the 45 years I have supported and loved this team seen such a waste of a wage!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

Edited by happyterryb

What a shame Craig Davies doesn't have the footballing brian of LatikNik, neiladamsheadband and oafcprozac.

Then he would be a world beater - providing he can get his head sorted out. He clearly doesn't do any running or put in any effort and doesn't care for the team. Oh apart from being upset at being subbed, and that was really wrong of him.

I really can not understand the mentality of some of the posters on here at times.

The mentality of those posters is absolutely right Rick. Why is it only the ex pro's and people like yourself who are the font of all knowledge when it comes to football. There are millions of hours of experience watching football at all levels sat in those stands and they are more than often right when it comes to the game of football. Davies is a disgrace to the shirt of the club that I love. I would personally sack him outright. It has nothing to do with his skill level or ability. He has behaved like a spoilt child since Hughes took the ball off and scored that penalty. I am sure £6.000 pound of wages per week could be better spent.... I am furious at his attitude.Oh and yes I would say it straight into his scowling sulking petulant face....... He lost my beloved club a football match yesterday. :angry::angry:

As you sew so shall you reap. You are damn right I was booing him, the selfish, arrogant, one dimensional, lazy sod. Had he played for the team yesterday instead of thinking he is Ronaldo then we would have been three up at halftime with Hughes having had a hat trick. I watched him walk straight down the tunnel after his deserved and much too late substitution. So much for team spirit and supporting your mates. I have never in all the 45 years I have supported and loved this team seen such a waste of a wage!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

Nice post. You must be very proud of yourself. Well done.

The mentality of those posters is absolutely right Rick. Why is it only the ex pro's and people like yourself who are the font of all knowledge when it comes to football. There are millions of hours of experience watching football at all levels sat in those stands and they are more than often right when it comes to the game of football. Davies is a disgrace to the shirt of the club that I love. I would personally sack him outright. It has nothing to do with his skill level or ability. He has behaved like a spoilt child since Hughes took the ball off and scored that penalty. I am sure £6.000 pound of wages per week could be better spent.... I am furious at his attitude.Oh and yes I would say it straight into his scowling sulking petulant face....... He lost my beloved club a football match yesterday. :angry::angry:

You have a differnet opinion on Davies to me - that is fair enough as we both have the god given right to have an opinion whether that is right or wrong. If Davies is such a bad player, why do opposition managers big him up and talk about how many problems he has caused them?

I really don't see how you feel this witch hunt on 22 year old lad is helping anyone.

PS I don't know where you get that he is on £6000 per week.