davies needs to go

for me he isnt the partner for hughes up front. also too greedy, there was a great chance to go 2-0 up halfway into the 2nd half. the guy is too greedy with hughes screaming for it in the middle as usual he shoots.

we need to kill teams off, you could tell from that last minute corner it was going in the net.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be silly, he doesn't need to go at all. He just needs to buck his ideas up, get that chip off his shoulder play for the team and I'm sure the goals will come again, he's managed 10 so far and that was before this barren run!

Don't be silly, he doesn't need to go at all. He just needs to buck his ideas up, get that chip off his shoulder play for the team and I'm sure the goals will come again, he's managed 10 so far and that was before this barren run!

No i don't think he needs to go. As much as the chances he could have created, showing him the door aint the option.

Davies on his day can be excellent, it's just improving his consistency and attitude.

No i don't think he needs to go. As much as the chances he could have created, showing him the door aint the option.

Davies on his day can be excellent, it's just improving his consistency and attitude.

If someone come in with 200k plus sell on clause though I wouldnt turn that down

for me he isnt the partner for hughes up front. also too greedy, there was a great chance to go 2-0 up halfway into the 2nd half. the guy is too greedy with hughes screaming for it in the middle as usual he shoots.

we need to kill teams off, you could tell from that last minute corner it was going in the net.

Sit down and behave yourself as the chaddy chant !

He needs competition for his place.

He needs confidence again

He needs to be cheered rather than boo'd !

Surely there is a role at the club for the top goalscorer?

Can't comment in detail as I don't see enough (although I've managed to see both home league wins this season) but there's no doubt he has a bility and is a goal threat. I can't see that we are in a position to ship someone like that out.

Too greedy ?? HES A STRIKER!!!!

If striker passes tha ball with a clear chance to score himself and the defender steps up and intercepts then you would be on davies back for not shooting!!!!

Davies played well today and was unlucky not to score...

Most rediculuse post in a long time....

Who was booing him? He's far too selfish to ever be good enough to play with Hughes and I wouldn't be that upset if he went. In saying that I wouldn't have replaced him with Matty Wolfenden who just got muscled out of it at the end.

unfortunatley there are a few clowns in the NSM stand upper and lower who were booing him and shouting stupid comments in his direction !

I just wished we could play away every week ! :disappointed:

Who was booing him? He's far too selfish to ever be good enough to play with Hughes and I wouldn't be that upset if he went. In saying that I wouldn't have replaced him with Matty Wolfenden who just got muscled out of it at the end.

Some in lookers upper mate.

It wasn't long ago that people were saying Davies is too good for league one and he's one of the best strikers we've had in ages and he was going to get 20-30 goals this season!! Now i'll admit im not Daves biggest fan but he and Hughes are the best two strikers we have at the moment and at this level Davies is a good forward. With his speed he will always cause defences problems. Yes he's greedy and doesn't get his head up and yes sometimes he tries to do to much on his own and yes his distribution can let him down at times but what do you want from a young striker in the third division? If he could do everything he wouldnt be playng for us would he. He seems to be lacking slightly with confidence at the moment and fans getting on his back every two minutes during the game wont be doing him any good. Isn't he still our top scorer this season?

I think Davies is lacking in two areas, natural strikers ability and shooting. BUT he's not lazy and he works hard. I don't want to see Davies go, but we need another striker.

more positive spin on Davies .. Thank you, that more like it :grin:

we do need another striker to give us options, like getting smalley off the LW back onto the right, let CD play left and start winning us games again or score goals like he did at Hudds

Dont agree at all that he has to go. This lad has bags of pace, bags of ability and bags of potential.

What I do agree with is that he needs to be made a little more aware that whan he gets into half decent positions that there are other players in excellent positions with a better chance of scoring. I counted it three times today when he could have put Hughes in and Hughes's reaction to the non pass said it all.

Hughes and Davies are individually the best forward two we have had for some time.

Dont agree at all that he has to go. This lad has bags of pace, bags of ability and bags of potential.

What I do agree with is that he needs to be made a little more aware that whan he gets into half decent positions that there are other players in excellent positions with a better chance of scoring. I counted it three times today when he could have put Hughes in and Hughes's reaction to the non pass said it all.

Hughes and Davies are individually the best forward two we have had for some time.

there was one point (southend at home i think?) where davis and hughes looked like they had really clicked as a strike duo, but it all seems to have gone down hill from there due to davis trying to do it all himself.