Good performance....

Good performance today which should have result in a 1-0 win....totally dicked at the end by a very poor side....

We need to start putting games out of doubt...it will come....another game un defeated and we go marching on....

Just hope shez can lift there heads....they looked gutted at the end and rightly so....didnt deserve to lose that....

Good performance today which should have result in a 1-0 win....totally dicked at the end by a very poor side....

We need to start putting games out of doubt...it will come....another game un defeated and we go marching on....

Just hope shez can lift there heads....they looked gutted at the end and rightly so....didnt deserve to lose that....

Agree mate, for large parts of the game we were the better side, but we had more than our fair share of chances to finish the game.

Would be wrong to say i didnt think they would score with that corner at the end as thats just the way our luck is going at home.

Anyways onwards and upwards for Yeovil!

Edited by ste1987

Agree mate, for large parts of the game we were the better side, but we had more than our fair share of chances to finish the game.

Would be wrong to say i didnt think they would score with that corner at the end as thats just the way our luck is going at home.

Anyways onwards and upwards for Yeovil!

Have to say a draw was a fair result. First half we shaded the game but for me Brighton bossed the second half and by all accounts deserved the draw. Wasn't a good performance but the terrible atmosphere does not help one bit either!!!!

Have to say a draw was a fair result. First half we shaded the game but for me Brighton bossed the second half and by all accounts deserved the draw. Wasn't a good performance but the terrible atmosphere does not help one bit either!!!!

Bossed the second half ??

I think you was watching a different game than me.............!!!!

Edited by oafc0000

Bossed the second half ??

I think you was watching a different game than me.............!!!!

They dicated the pace of the game in the 2nd and pushed forward away from home with 10 men, fair play to them they fully deserved the draw. Now latics on the other hands seemed to think the game was over after going 1 nil up with brighton down to 10 men. You can't tell me you didn't see their goal coming?

Have to say the atmosphere in the upper lookers today is absolutely dreadful, except for a group of middle aged guys sat at the back trying to get some chants going. Others (not me) just looked at them like they were crazy!

Edited by laticsmad

They dicated the pace of the game in the 2nd and pushed forward away from home with 10 men, fair play to them they fully deserved the draw. Now latics on the other hands seemed to think the game was over after going 1 nil up with brighton down to 10 men. You can't tell me you didn't see their goal coming?

Have to say the atmosphere in the upper lookers today is absolutely dreadful, except for a group of middle aged guys sat at the back trying to get some chants going. Others (not me) just looked at them like they were crazy!

The ONLY time I thought they would score is when they got that corner at the end....considering are form at home and everything that has happened I thought they would score....before that I thought it was over...

You describe a different game than what I saw...they certainly did not dictate the pace of the game...that complete bull....

The ONLY time I thought they would score is when they got that corner at the end....considering are form at home and everything that has happened I thought they would score....before that I thought it was over...

You describe a different game than what I saw...they certainly did not dictate the pace of the game...that complete bull....

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this point. Although they did not have clear cut chances before the equaliser the pressure was building the last 20 mins as was the mistakes by our players. I was hopeful we could keep them out but not very surprised when they scored.

To say that today was a good performance is just not true imo.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this point. Although they did not have clear cut chances before the equaliser the pressure was building the last 20 mins as was the mistakes by our players. I was hopeful we could keep them out but not very surprised when they scored.

To say that today was a good performance is just not true imo.

I suppose that it's the beauty of the game that we have different views (as long as you remeber that mine is right) I didn't think it was a good performance at all really. We didn't do that much wrong but we didn't do enough right in my view. They only had one shot on target all game but I wasn't surprised when they scored either. A big issue for me was that with 20 mins to go i said this is the time to bring that sub striker on who is fresh and will give them something else to think about as well as using the gaps they were leaving. Wolfy is not that man I'm afraid and if we getinjuries to hughes or davies we are knackered. We need another striker andmidfielder rapidly. i thought a win today was crucial if we were to have any chance of making the play offs so I suppose the Cup Final will have to do. :D

I think many people will go over the top with criticism because of the bitter tase of a last minute defeat. In reality we looked comfortable for 85 minutes of the game today and got sloppy in the last 5. The real problem was that we didnt look too dangerous today and thats because of the lack of creative quality in the middle of the park i really think we are missing a top class winger (more important that a creative midfielder like kilkenny) IMO. Kalal and Mcdonald showed they are more than capable of doing a good job in the middle of the park but with allot and an inexperienced smalley on the wings we are too one dimensional playing long hopeful balls. I reall think the answer is a new striker with davies on the wing and a new creative central midfelder OR a new winger full stop.

We are 8 points off the play offs with a game in hand win that and 5 points with so long left of the season to go is not a disaster. I know not winning at home is dissapointing but we arnet losing because we are being outplayed. We just cant create enough chances and kill teams off, we definately need to invest this january in some creative players. I know they had 10 men but Brighton deserve credit they closed us down none stop for 95 minutes and deserved there goal.

Today was a dreadful performance,apart from one moment of brilliance from Hughes we were a disgrace!

Against ten men for 80 minutes or whatever was,how many efforts did the Brighton keeper have to deal with?

Anyone who doubted the value of Kilkenny to the team/club should now realise that his departure has left us in serious trouble.

yeh ppl were looking at em as if to say "look at them wierdos chanting at a football game, never heard of "

I for one will be sitting in RRE when lookers comes down, and I hope n e one sitting in lookers currently who goes to support the team rather than moan will go there, let the moaners sit in the main stand upper.

Quite,a draw against Brighton's ten men!(ten men that coped for the biggest part of the game easily with us and then managed to snatch a point)

Ten men are often harder to play against. Plus we're mid-table, still within touch of the play-offs, and Shez is still to bring in some new faces. The world isn't coming to an end just yet!

yeh ppl were looking at em as if to say "look at them wierdos chanting at a football game, never heard of "

I for one will be sitting in RRE when lookers comes down, and I hope n e one sitting in lookers currently who goes to support the team rather than moan will go there, let the moaners sit in the main stand upper.

There's no guarantee as far as I know that people currently with season tickets for the "Lookers" as you put it will be allocated seats in the RRE. Mr Hardy has already stated in the past that empty seats in other parts of BP will be used when the "Lookers" is demolished, in order that the small section is not compromised for the use of large visiting teams.

Not everybody who sits in the "Lookers" is a moaner.

Edited by Bertie_Dugger

Ten men are often harder to play against. Plus we're mid-table, still within touch of the play-offs, and Shez is still to bring in some new faces. The world isn't coming to an end just yet!

I am not saying that it is all doom and gloom,merely making the point that todays performance was poor to say the least!

If and indeed when Shez brings new players into the squad we should hopefully see an improvement,as for the ten men today!for most of the game Brighton played with two forwards (hardly pulling everyone back behind the ball,was it!)

Still,Yeovil to look forward to next week....

Anyone who doubted the value of Kilkenny to the team/club should now realise that his departure has left us in serious trouble.

Didn't go today, so can't comment on performance, but why oh why was Kilkenny our "saviour"? How many draws and losses have we suffered at home even with Kilkenny in the starting 11?

We still won away from home last week, so nothings changed since he moved on. Granted, he does need replacing and Shez is working on it. Let's just hope we can get another striker in so the pressure comes off the young lads.

The mentality at home needs addressing, and that's all it is - a state of mind. Like the players have said, they now expect to win on the road. Maybe Shez should get the coach to pick the lads up out of town and drive them all in together for the home games! Team bonding and all!!

Thankfully, we have picked up points away from BP, otherwise we would really be in it.

After today and the last few home games I am going to say that it is a vast majority. The old git behind me and some clown who looks like Bill Oddie know less about football than my mum. All they do all game is moan and boo players. The old guy said today that he comes to games wanting the team to win but 'they are a disgrace' and apparently have 'no redeeming qualities'. Winning away at both Everton and Leeds is obviously not good enough for him and he could have fooled me about wanting the team to win. I've NEVER (and I'm sadly not exaggerating here) heard him say shout anything positive. When we do something well he just says nothing, when we don't do everything perfect he is shouting his mouth off for Shez to sub them. Absolute f***ing clown! Bill Oddie was probably worse than him today, lead the chorus of boos at the final whistle, what a penis.

Anyway onto the game, not a bad performance but we just don't finish teams off. We had the vast majority of possession and had the only chances of the game. Davies probably should have scored first half and maybe should have done better with one in the second as should JP and Trotman with a header. One of those goes in and it's game over and everyone would be saying how we had been very professional about the job etc etc. AS they didn't and we got hit by a very soft goal those same people are calling the side a disgrace and acting like we are relegation material, which we quite CLEARLY aren't. I'm fairly certain that the lack of confidence we have at home is through the barrage of abuse each player has to suffer if they make the slightest error. Smalley gets a ridiculous amount of abuse for a young player who to be fair is doing a job for us, and does look dangerous at times. Give him a chance for f***s sake! Poor lad had to play on the right in the first and left in the second enduring the Lookers side for the entire game. The players must dread coming over this side of the pitch!

Brighton maybe had one half chance before the goal. A shot blazed over the bar, when Stam was blocking any real chance. Apart from that they had very little possession and rarely ventured into our half. I think one of our main problems today was the switch to 4-3-3 instead of sticking with 4-4-2 how we had started. We seemed to be making lots of space as we went forward in a 4-4-2, but when we changed we lost some width as there wasn't as much overlapping from the full backs. Idea was ok to try and force the issue with 3 up front but when it wasn't really working we should have reverted back.

Never been to Yeovil before, but seriously considering the long drive down there for the game. Really enjoying watching the away games, very few moaners and much better football in reality as teams are forced to come at us leaving us some room to work with. I think we'll take all 3 points again as well, we have a good side, just lacking in confidence at home and get nothing from the support when they really need it. If we backed this team properly at home we would be right up there in the play offs, no doubt.

Middle Aged? :blink: Hang on a minute........

Well, I supose you have a point

:grin:

There's no guarantee as far as I know that people currently with season tickets for the "Lookers" as you put it will be allocated seats in the RRE. Mr Hardy has already stated in the past that empty seats in other parts of BP will be used when the "Lookers" is demolished, in order that the small section is not compromised for the use of large visiting teams.

When the Lookers is shut, without any of the RRE, there would only be 6000 places for home fans, so the small section of 1600 is almost certainly going to be allocated to home fans. It's even likely that the RRE would be switched depending on games with either section being used as the home part.

Perhaps now is the time for the vocal supporters to suggest that the RRE is the place for the signers to gather? Maybe ask the cub to support this approach?

Edited by real

I think to say it was a good performance is stretching it a little. It was pretty average from where I was sat but it's now always easy against 10 men, who sat back and spent a great deal of time defending and wasting time. Hughes' goal was a great finish and the highlight of the game. Brighton upped their game in the 2nd half and and probably shaded it and they probably felt a draw was a fair result.

MOM for me was Trotman who had a great game, although JP Kalala came a close second. Macca had a good game too although seemed to spend a lot of the game sitting quite deep which isn't really his forte. I thought Davies had a poor game and he really needs to get his head sorted out, although those calling for him to leave are wide of the mark by a million miles. For me, he needs to become more aware of others around him, be prepared to release the ball to his team-mates in better positions (e.g. Hughes in the 2nd half, wide open in the 6 yard box), and also needs to improve his 1st touch which has been pretty dreadful all season. He gives the ball away faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too much.