Moan? Damn right I will....

It strikes me that some people who turn up to football matches every other week have absolutely no idea what it means to be a football fan.

I would respectfully advise those who think it equates to a trip to the theatre or a restaurant should stop wasting their money and go shopping with the missus on a Saturday afternoon instead.

Quite pathetic really that you cannot understand the similarity between one part of the entertainment industry and another. To you it may be a matter of life or death but to others its entertainment. I happen to enjoy the game of football and support my home town club because it was the one my dad took me to. The use of the Theatre and Restaurant similes were to make a point.....

Edited by happyterryb

It strikes me that some people who turn up to football matches every other week have absolutely no idea what it means to be a football fan.

I would respectfully advise those who think it equates to a trip to the theatre or a restaurant should stop wasting their money and go shopping with the missus on a Saturday afternoon instead.

And that goes for that fat sod in lookers lower at the end. He sounds like he's swallowed a squeaky toy and was laying into Smalley minutes after Kick Off.

The Tool!!!

Quite pathetic really that you cannot understand the similarity between one part of the entertainment industry and another. To you it may be a matter of life or death but to others its entertainment. I happen to enjoy the game of football and support my home town club because it was the one my dad took me to. The use of the Theatre and Restaurant similes were to make a point.....

If you genuinely believe that football to you is just another part of the entertainent industry, then you definitely need to stop wasting your money.

I wouldn't say it's a matter of life and death to me, but I am a passionate enough fan to at least recognise football as a sport.

"Moan? Damn right I will...."

We know, as does anyone who has to sit through games with some pillock sat close to them moaning and groaning about every misplaced pass, pies are to hot etc.

I've had my enjoyment of games totally ruined by moaning idiots close to me, and some of those have been games we've won.

If you are a Latics supporter, then SUPPORT the team and stop moaning about every single bloody thing.

"Moan? Damn right I will...."

We know, as does anyone who has to sit through games with some pillock sat close to them moaning and groaning about every misplaced pass, pies are to hot etc.

I've had my enjoyment of games totally ruined by moaning idiots close to me, and some of those have been games we've won.

If you are a Latics supporter, then SUPPORT the team and stop moaning about every single bloody thing.

Stop whinging will ya! There's enough moaners at BP as it is apparently!

Anyway, I've had my enjoyment of games totally ruined by half hearted substandard performances.

To be fair he didnt say that.....

He said " Anyway, I've had my enjoyment of games totally ruined by half hearted substandard performances"

Having supported Latics for over 30 years myself, I'm afraid that is the reality of the situation, to spend your whole time moaning about it is a total waste of time.

If a more superior and consistent standard of football is required then BP is not the place to be.

League 1 football is what it is, people need to accept that, not spend their whole time moaning about it.

if you go to a restuarant and have a lousy meal,you don't go again.

if you go to latics and think its lousy,don't go again.

simple.

I've been going to Latics for over 57 years. It's been lousy many times, but I keep going. Some people eat at McDonalds, I go to Latics. It's not simple when you're addicted to something!

The way i look at this is last season everyone loved Warney and the crowd was always right behind him Why?? Not because of how he played or wether or not he scored but because every time he took to the pitch he was 100% committed, enthusiastic, Gave 110% and never gave up even when it wasnt going his way.

Do you get where im going with this!!!

The reason i believe the fans are quiet at home is because like saturday none of the players looked arsed, not one of them could of walked off the pitch and said i gave it my all, not one of em!!!

Now away for some reason wether it be fans or not we are playing great and look a totally different team, but to get that atmosphere at home they need to start performing or at least trying at home, fans love a tryer i.e. warney... when we see that at home the fans will once again be chanting..

Point 1

The reason i believe the fans are quiet at home is because like saturday none of the players looked arsed, not one of them could of walked off the pitch and said i gave it my all, not one of em!!!

Point 2

when we see that at home the fans will once again be chanting..

Firstly point 1 - Thats :censored: - Kalala, Trotman, Lomax, Allot, Crossley, Hughes, Smalley & Hazell all pulled their tripe out, thats of the top of my head, there may have been others. They might not have all done the right thing, Allot for one gave the ball away stupidly on a couple of occasions but they all looked like they gave a damn.

Point 2

Chanting and singing are dead at football apart from the odd occasion. We are now all consumers not supporters. Sod the roof, sod the acoustics, the real problem is the seats and the Taylor report. Despite BP being less than half full people no longer congregate with their mates en mass and form a cohesive block of singers.

In the old days the back right of the chaddy as you look at the pitch was where most of the singing started and where the atmosphere came from. This isn't the case anymore, people are no longer part of a thronging mass and are now in their own seat and in many cases reluctant to sing. The culture of football has changed and singing just like cheap gate prices is over.

People need to have something to moan about. Non-moaners moan about the moaners.

well i tell em to shut the :censored: up and support the team...moan in the pub AFTER the game(like we all do eh)-but not during the game and venting it directly at the players....support the players DURING the game and HEY!!! they can correct the cock-ups and even win the game....its called encouragement.

we're going round in circles here arn't we.

ad enoff.

:getmecoat:

I've been going to Latics for over 57 years. It's been lousy many times, but I keep going. Some people eat at McDonalds, I go to Latics. It's not simple when you're addicted to something!

Thank You Diego. I heartily agree. I also am a little confused about peoples ideas of what is an acceptable standard at Div 1 level. All I want to see is those players out on the pitch trying their best. I don't moan at the time. I come on here and moan. I thought that was what it was for this site. It seems that some people want to personalise the issue on here now and not debate. Ah well.....

Edited by happyterryb

If you genuinely believe that football to you is just another part of the entertainent industry, then you definitely need to stop wasting your money.

I wouldn't say it's a matter of life and death to me, but I am a passionate enough fan to at least recognise football as a sport.

To the 22 players out there on the pitch it is a sporting occasion. They partake in the game. They entertain me and others with their skill, commitment and ability. That is what I mean. Are you telling me you would continue to attend if the players just stood around playing keepy uppy for 90 minutes. Passionate fan or not...? The pundits, managers, players and owners all agree that they are in the entertainment industry. Success puts bums on seats. quality of product etc etc. Failure does not. I along with many others have no illusions about the standard of football at BP. I just expect the people employed on contracts by the club to do a job , to do just that. Their job... I am also passionate about my club. Great debate though.....

To the 22 players out there on the pitch it is a sporting occasion. They partake in the game. They entertain me and others with their skill, commitment and ability. That is what I mean. Are you telling me you would continue to attend if the players just stood around playing keepy uppy for 90 minutes. Passionate fan or not...? The pundits, managers, players and owners all agree that they are in the entertainment industry. Success puts bums on seats. quality of product etc etc. Failure does not. I along with many others have no illusions about the standard of football at BP. I just expect the people employed on contracts by the club to do a job , to do just that. Their job... I am also passionate about my club. Great debate though.....

For me the only part of the entertainment industry you could draw a comparison with would be Open Mic Stand Up. Some people would go to find new talent and have a laugh, while others would go simply to barrack and show off to their mates that they are really witty and funny without actually having the balls to get up and give it a try.