Theres A Surprise

Well said.

We offered him a contract he didn't accept it, so what, thats up to him. Can anyone actually prove that another club in England offered a contract as good as the one he got from Motherwell? They are doing well in the league and have a chance at qualifying for europe if they finish 3rd (i think). He has serious injury problems which means he can't guarantee to playing football for years to come and should they flair up at the wrong time would cause him to fail a medical.

i dont begrudge any latics player leaving the club to want to better themself.but it was just the underhand way him and his agent did it that gets my goat.

he wasnt crap,he is still learning,he used to get caught offside a lot but thats just inexperience.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I understand it, the club turned down the Plymouth ofer in Jan on the strength of Porter and his agent saying that he would sing a new contract in the summer. Then he changed his wage demands so TTA were resigned to losing him.

Not that you are. But Latics can't take the high ground here - we did pretty much the same thing to Paul Warne, just the other way around!

And that, in a nutshell, is what's wrong with football these days.

He was only EVER interested in lining his pockets. Got a big fat signing-on fee, which McGhee more or less admitted during an interview.

The way I understand it, the club turned down the Plymouth ofer in Jan on the strength of Porter and his agent saying that he would sing a new contract in the summer. Then he changed his wage demands so TTA were resigned to losing him.

I think it's a pisstake that the fee for him joining us from Bury was set at £150k, yet he was allowed to walk away for free at the end of his contract without a 2nd thought for us.

Incidentally, how many of us on here (and I know there were a good few) fully anticipated his move to Scotland would be followed by another move in the window or in trhe summer. What a snake.

Dan, don't get players confused with fans. If I was a professional footballer (stop laughing) I wouldn't want to play for anyone else. I certainly couldn't wear red - unlike one Latics fan I could mention.

Also consider your position at work. If a competitor came in and offered you a better package would you tell your current employer before you had an interview. Once interviewed, would you use your new and improved offer to try and get your current employer to beat it?

In short, there is no loyalty in football. Everyone has a duty to do the best they can for themselves and their families.

The Porter debacle is disappointing and not what would have been best for us. He did what he believed was best for him. I think we should all SUMO.

Shut

Up

Move

On

:D