Theres A Surprise

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd put big money on him moving back down wouldn't you.

THe quote there about loathe to lose him but a decent offer for a free transfer is telling.

Is he still with his girlfiriend!

If so, of the ones reported interested

Derby, Wigan, Plymouth, Ipswich, Sheffield United and Norwich

You'd put Sheff Utd first, Wigan then Derby.

Hopefully we'll be playing him next season then!

Is there not a clause in the rules which means that he has to be out of the country for at least a year, otherwise we would receive some compensation?

I think this was the case when it happened with makin where he left to join marseille for a year and a few days and then moved to sunderland therefore cutting out any potential fee for us.

There is a 12mth rule that I seem to recall being mentioned at the time Porter left, mainly coz it stank of a trick to move him up there to then sell him back down here. For that reason alone, I could see Motherwell turning down offers until the summer. I just hope he has a Jan-May that he had with us last year.

Think it might have been 2 years when Makin went to Marseille, but this could have changed or i could be wrong. This is beginning to smell more than the Teves scandal.

Indeed it does.

More to run in this one. Be interesting to see how it all turns out and who is fully involved where he ends up.

Break a leg ????? WTF :youroff:

Exactly. It's almost on a par with Die Ricketts and I would never wish for a young player to suffer a career threatening injury, no matter what they had done. However, I do hope that whichever club Porter joins is drawn against Latics in a cup game at the earliest opportunity. Aside from Chris Moore walking into Boundary Park, I can't think of anybody who would get a more hostile (and deserved) reception.

How you can wish him luck is beyond me.... He shat on this club big time....

I think the treatment he got was unfair given he did something that 100% of people would do by getting the best deal for himself, people higher than him in the club should have shouldered more of the blame.