credit to crossley.....

Yes it certainly sounded that way and not for the first time this season. Do you know I was wondering the other week. Given that most have reservations regarding Crossley between the sticks due to some incidents during games that make him look susceptable, could it be he just guards the right angles on a percentage basis?. That's maybe why he looks dodgy yet as a very good record in terms of goals conceeded? I've seriously thought this may just be the case at the risk of being accused of madness.

Yes it certainly sounded that way and not for the first time this season. Do you know I was wondering the other week. Given that most have reservations regarding Crossley between the sticks due to some incidents during games that make him look susceptable, could it be he just guards the right angles on a percentage basis?. That's maybe why he looks dodgy yet as a very good record in terms of goals conceeded? I've seriously thought this may just be the case at the risk of being accused of madness.

If he is as confused as I am no wonder he looks a bit dodgy at times

:huh:

KOTK

True his record is tough to argue against as we aren't conceding many goals and today he made some really great saves, but as worrying as this may sound I feel much more confident when we have Pogs in goal. Luckily for Crossley in areas other than shot-stopping he gets a lot of help from his defence, he is surprisingly quiet for someone with the experience he has.

True his record is tough to argue against as we aren't conceding many goals and today he made some really great saves, but as worrying as this may sound I feel much more confident when we have Pogs in goal. Luckily for Crossley in areas other than shot-stopping he gets a lot of help from his defence, he is surprisingly quiet for someone with the experience he has.

He doesn't shout and I'm sure that it led to words between him and Trotters. At one point, Hazell shouted "leave it" to Trotters so Crossley could collect a high through ball. Crossley's kicking today was awful, but I wondered if he was favouring his back again? Having said all that, his saves in the second half were nothing short of mind boggling. He had no right to get to the double save, but he managed it somehow.

I'd prefer Pogs, but he is so short of match practice, he may not be at his best yet. But a big THANK YOU to 'Norm' for today.

:ktf:

Yes he made some awesome saves today, i'm talking top class saves! i wasn't at the everton or brighton games, but he looks to have shed loads of weight.

Don't think he's lost any weight. He was certainly man of the match.

He also gave us some gardening tips in the first half with repairs to the pitch, which their fans said suffers from a problem caused by worms.

He also gave us some gardening tips in the first half with repairs to the pitch, which their fans said suffers from a problem caused by worms.

Ahh, thanks Diego. I thought it was a fan who suffered froma problem caused by worms!! Did you notice how he went into golfer mode as he replaced divots....... then made a little mound of earth to place the ball on........ then made a complete town halls of the kick - priceless.

Agree D_S! It's funny how when they're supposedly crap, they're called fat and overweight. But when they ain't supposedly crap, they've lost weight :grin: (note, this ain't a pop at Tony4938....just it's something fans do generally on players.)

As I said to many Crossley dissenters just 48hrs ago....Crossley's been faultless since coming back from injury and being man enough to admit he'd been in poor form (due to his injury/back problems IMO) in the early part of the season. Also, a relatively settled defence helps too.

As for him not talking....maybe he's had the same problems Shez has had this season....the players aren't listening!!! :grin: Coz plenty said how he clearly shouted at Stam last Saturday vs Brighton to leave the ball for him to collect, but Stam surprising headed the ball for a throw-in to stick us right under pressure.

Edited by boundaryblue80

well he certainly looked a lot slimmer from the leeds match. (although that could have been too much chocolate and christmas puds!!!!)

On the yeoviltown-mad site Russel Slade, the Yeovil manager, said:

"Mark Crossley was magnificent.

"I knew all about him from our days at Nottingham Forest and even at the age of somewhere around 40 he is still producing displays like this.

"He was wonderful."

Looks like Norm service has been resumed! B)

Despite some woeful communication between Crossley and the defence (I don’t know whose fault this is – either way, this needs sorting now) and some indecisiveness in the first half he made some fantastic saves in the second. They were the best saves he has made all season, full credit to him, he deserves all the plaudits he received from yesterday.

after the Brighton game a middle aged woman was having a right go at Norm blaming him for the last minute goal, me n me mates couldnt believe this vicious and unwarranted attack - he wasnt one of the 5 players who had a chance to hoof it into row z somewhere but coz she went to more games than us, she knew best - then the clique had been having a go a couple of games before and he kept us in the game that match - aaargh!!!