Chris Taylor, Our New Kilkenny

If what Ive heard is correct Taylor came throught the youth team as an attacking central midfielder. Lets say we bring in this striker we need whoever he may be. Stick davies left liddell/smalley on the right and have Allott sitting and Taylor bombing on from the centre. I feel he could do an excellent job in that position and would add an extra 0 to his value. I think hes wasted on the left because he cant use his best asset his pace because he has to come back on his right foot and wont hit the touchline. Whereas Davies when he drifts seems to manage to beat a man every time and deliver a good ball ( albeit to nobody in the box). It would be worth a try and save us money on a new creative midfielder

I think Davies could make a very good winger if we got a decent replacment striker in.....

He has pace can beat his man and when he does cross the ball he has a real dangerous whip on the ball and always seems to deliver into the right area (not always somebody in there but that can be worked on)

I think Davies could make a very good winger if we got a decent replacment striker in.....

He has pace can beat his man and when he does cross the ball he has a real dangerous whip on the ball and always seems to deliver into the right area (not always somebody in there but that can be worked on)

But dont forget the winger isnt the glory position - Craig wants to play upfront, or he takes his ball home and doesnt play at all!

Guest oa_exile
PMSL very true, spoilt brat...... How dare you critisise a player though.

lol :grin: I was just thinking that myself , you know what they are like :blink:

Anyway if you receive any hate mail by PM just let me know :grin:

I thought putting square pegs in round holes was what we are trying to get away from?

Correct Chris Taylor is a winger one that can play right or left but a winger not a central midfielder or a striker or anything else really I don't really like seeing him at left back either if we can avoid it he plugs a hole granted when played there but its not his best position like seeing him pushed on taking on defenders thats his main attribute.

I don't see the problem with trying Taylor in the middle at home. Running with the ball at his feet, pushing defences deep....why not....been saying this since KK left. He's the only one who could run through the middle (maybe Smalley also, but wouldn't stick him there....prefer him wide for that) and have that effect we've been missing at home. McD won't do it, Kalala certainly can't run with the ball at his feet (great at blocking and tackling and that's all I expect him to do) and Allott ain't here to do it either. KK only rarely ran at defences and pushed them back....more prefer to pick out a pass. Fair enough...that's his game. TBH, KK only really looked the player for me when he did actually run at the defences like vs Crewe, Donny, Luton - his best games (and not lose the ball doing it....sometimes, being greedy, he would do too much and lose possession). But if we do that with Taylor....we then need to be getting a/some winger/s in. But Shez doesn't want to do that........................

chris taylor!!!! just been talkin to my mate in the pub about it and it really does make sence. get a left winger in and play smalley on the right, and have taylor and allot. gary mac in centre mid and we will be sorted. he will be our attacking mid breakin down defences. im well certain this would be a good idea. he was a centre mid until he came to the youth team. im well phonin smalley up tmoz telling him to tell shez my idea. what do you all think.

Taylor is a great right winger that is not afraid to get stuck in - would be wasted in the centre methinks!!

totally agree....

Some of the anti taylor comments have no foundation.... He is a young lad and as such will go through mixed form. He was poor at the start of the season but improved alot as the season went on.

The solution is to keep taylor in his natural postion and aquire a central midfielder....

If Taylor moves to the centre who will play on the wing ?? Oh I forgot, Davies :lol: Genius some of the comments on here...pure genius :)

If Taylor moves to the centre who will play on the wing ?? Oh I forgot, Davies :lol: Genius some of the comments on here...pure genius :)

ooooooo oafc0000 here we go again. do you stil go to oldham? because if you do then you will see that davies hardly ever stays in his natural position. hes always dragging out wide, that is why so many people want to see him on the wing. i dont no how he would be on the wing but its worth a try dont you think?

as for taylor. he would be very usefull in the centre of midfield he would break through the defences, and also he seems to be found out now on the left wing the defender no hes a right footer on the left wing thats why hes not playin as good as he did last season.

a new striker will be coming in soon i reckon and that would be the best chance to try this.

ooooooo oafc0000 here we go again. do you stil go to oldham? because if you do then you will see that davies hardly ever stays in his natural position. hes always dragging out wide, that is why so many people want to see him on the wing. i dont no how he would be on the wing but its worth a try dont you think?

as for taylor. he would be very usefull in the centre of midfield he would break through the defences, and also he seems to be found out now on the left wing the defender no hes a right footer on the left wing thats why hes not playin as good as he did last season.

a new striker will be coming in soon i reckon and that would be the best chance to try this.

Here is a thought for you...

Do you think davies goes wide because he wants to ?

As much as I like Taylor and I disagree that lidds has lost it do accept the service from the wings this term has been poor...... Davies goes wide for this reason imo...also Davies hasn't been going wie in recent games....think shez has corrected that....

also Davies hasn't been going wie in recent games....think shez has corrected that....

i disagree there, hes been doing it all season, maybe it is sheridan who tells him to do it i dont no but i also saw ricketts doing it and hughes does it alot aswell, however davies does it all the time.

I don't think Shez has done owt. The reason why we're in trouble is because we've got (had) 3 strikers who are very much the same; in that they love moving into the channels. Ricketts, Hughes and Davies aren't six-yard box players, one reason why we're unbalanced.

You'll never see a manager who tries to change a player's natural style of playing. However, he is trying to encourage Davies to try different things, which he does to every player.

So, to me, oafc0000 is quite wrong on that front.

I don't think Shez has done owt. The reason why we're in trouble is because we've got (had) 3 strikers who are very much the same; in that they love moving into the channels. Ricketts, Hughes and Davies aren't six-yard box players, one reason why we're unbalanced.

You'll never see a manager who tries to change a player's natural style of playing. However, he is trying to encourage Davies to try different things, which he does to every player.

So, to me, oafc0000 is quite wrong on that front.

You descirbe you hughes as not being a six yard box player.....I think you need to learn a little more about hughes becsuse that is exactly what he is!!! Besides the fantastic 30 yarder he hit all his goals have been in and around the six yard area. As for saying manager will never try to change a player....joke of a statement...next

also Davies hasn't been going wie in recent games....think shez has corrected that....

i disagree there, hes been doing it all season, maybe it is sheridan who tells him to do it i dont no but i also saw ricketts doing it and hughes does it alot aswell, however davies does it all the time.

If 3 out of 3 strikers are doing it and the wide postions have been a problem all season coupled with the fact that forwards tend to drift wide when there is poor servie AND Shez has said in public that he dosent like Davies going wide......what conculsion would that lead you to ....cause it lead me to think are wide service is poor....

I'm old fashioned me.......I like my wingers playing on the wing, and central midfield players playing in the centre. I know it won't catch on but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Taylor isn't that good a winger if truth be told.....some pace, admittedly, but not much end product and often gets marked out of games when double-teamed by the oppo. He is the best we've got at the club on the left and should be left there in my view, although the occasional venture down the right could be useful against the right oppo. Lidds is still the best crosser of the ball we've got in my view but seems perma-injured these days.

You descirbe you hughes as not being a six yard box player.....I think you need to learn a little more about hughes becsuse that is exactly what he is!!! Besides the fantastic 30 yarder he hit all his goals have been in and around the six yard area. As for saying manager will never try to change a player....joke of a statement...next

Do you go to our games? Ever? Lee Hughes is a link-up player. He comes deep, lays the ball on, travels out-wide. He gets into the box only when the wingers are up the field. The goals Lee's scored haven't come from when he's been in the 6-yard box, at all. The only ones I can recall, at the moment, is the one down in Millwall. Was you there? His first came from a long-throw into a crowded penalty area. His second, the very same.

To back my point up further, who crossed for Taylor down at Bournemouth?

I don't know what managers you've seen, but your typical one encourages players to try other things. He doesn't stand there and shout to Davies, "Oi, get into the box and stay there".

Might replace him in the boozers in Royton from all accounts.

Replace him in centre mid?

Never in a million years, and I don't even think Kilkenny is any great shakes compared to Wellens. Shez is still left with the dilemma of fitting square pegs into round holes to fill Richies boots and the best option for me would be Lids when fit. Until then we have to soldier on 'cos Taylor isn't up to the job. The lad is so over rated by so many it defies belief.

If all it takes to be raised to the heavens on this board is to support the mighty, well there are many of us that could be heroes despite being crap.

Verndog in, Taylor out. The sooner the better IMO.

KtF,

Derek.

Do you go to our games? Ever? Lee Hughes is a link-up player. He comes deep, lays the ball on, travels out-wide. He gets into the box only when the wingers are up the field. The goals Lee's scored haven't come from when he's been in the 6-yard box, at all. The only ones I can recall, at the moment, is the one down in Millwall. Was you there? His first came from a long-throw into a crowded penalty area. His second, the very same.

To back my point up further, who crossed for Taylor down at Bournemouth?

I don't know what managers you've seen, but your typical one encourages players to try other things. He doesn't stand there and shout to Davies, "Oi, get into the box and stay there".

Top of my head without giving it much thought....

Im sure that all three if not at leat two of his goals against millwall where in the six year area

So was his last goal against Brighton, just outside six yard area

His goal aginst southend...just outside the six year area

Didnt go bournemouth

Didnt go Crewe

He IS a link player...he is also a hustle and bustler....he is also a six yard goal scorer....he has scored more tap ins and close range shots than he has twenty / thirty yarders.....and he certainly SHOULD NOT be going wide for the ball......coming deep for it yes...going wide ?? are you mad ?

Now a question for you, do you go to the games ?

Edited by oafc0000