If you could change any rules

Got a few ideas myself but wondered what others thought.

have said this before but i would get rid of the 5 yellows and you get a match ban rule, silly doesnt deter players , look at hughes before the cup game.and getting a yellow in a match is punishment enough

i see that from next season the rich leaque will be allowed 7 subs ! what about us ?one rule for the rich and none for us ..

7 subs allowed from next season in prem!!!

The Premier League have announced today that from next season teams will be allowed to name seven substitutes for league matches, bringing it inline with other competitions like the Champions League.

It is said that it will allow managers to experiment more - and fans will perhaps hope it will mean managers are more likely to name youngsters from academies on the bench and allow them to get matchday experience.

The addition of more subsitutes is something Rafa Benitez, and other managers like Sven Goran Erikkson, has suggested in the past and the motion was proposed by Tottenham at the meeting of the Premier League on Thursday.

A more controversial announcement from the Premier League today though is the proposal to play matches outside of England from 2010 - with clubs being unanimous in exploring the possibilities, which would include extending the Premier League season to 39 matches per team and games being played around the globe in the far east, America and Australia. Each team would play 1 match overseas per season, with ‘big’ games between the top five being kept apart for the games abroad. Any proposal will not be made final for at least 12 months. It does, however, seem inevitable

Edited by boboafc

I liked that idea a few years back of incentivising the away team, but it would mean a bizarre reconfiguration of the points system, perhaps giving a victorious away team an extra point or half point. We'd be top of the league, of course, by any such system. Alternatively, they could count the number of away victories above goal difference if there's a tie on points.

I thought that idea of having a penalty shoot out at the end of drawn games for a bonus point was a good idea, but then I realised that plenty of teams would cynically play for a draw and hope for the bonus point at the end.

The long and the short of it is that the rules are okay, and if it ain't broke, it don't need fixing.

I might be wrong but won’t you still only be allowed to make 3 changes in the game? So not a great deal of difference really, perhaps it would mean that managers such as Colin won’t feel the need to gamble on not having a reserve keeper on the bench. Not really about changing the rules but how they are enforced, I would like the refs to ease up on the over-protection of goalkeepers, and start to enforce the obstruction rules properly rather than letting players shield the ball when they are 5 yards away from it.

only one team allowed to have a particular nickname!!

2 refs on the pitch... one goes behind/ aside the goal at penalties/free kicks... oh yeah and 4 liner's

'feeder' clubs allowed upto a certain division/bank balance

as the TV people have so much control of the greedy league's schedule, the why have long away trips have to be played on winter tuesday nights??? certain fixtures to be played on bank holidays etc

oh i don't know...... must be loads that we could sort out.. but it could just get daft! or has it already????? lol

Captains can only talk to the ref - and even then it's mostly when the referee requests the chat.

isn't there a club in our league or L2 that has started that?? i'm sure i remember reading about it in the last week or two?

very good idea!

a progression from that is another player could get his captain booked for 'kicking off' .. instills a bit of team ethics in the game!

isn't there a club in our league or L2 that has started that?? i'm sure i remember reading about it in the last week or two?

very good idea!

a progression from that is another player could get his captain booked for 'kicking off' .. instills a bit of team ethics in the game!

Barnet.

That would be my only rule change too.

Barnet.

That would be my only rule change too.

offsides.

none of this daylight and the striker gets the advantage and intefereing with play b o llocks.keep it simple like it used to be.

penaltys

you have to take a penalty with a continuous run up,none of this starting then stopping to try n trick the keeper,once you start you run up n smack it.

free kicks

would like to see the ten yard rule used more,when the wall doesnt listen or players surround the ref,punish them with the 10 yard rule.

flying tackles,straight red

soon as your feet leave the ground in a lunge straight red,too many players could break there legs or ankles with these reckless tackles.

that'l do for now,lol