Bristol Pubs.

B.O.A.S.T is the Bristol Oldham Athletic Supporters Team. It is the third biggest organisation for exiled Latics fans after OASIS and B.A.L.L.S (Burton Area Loyal Latics Supporters). :wink:

No need for something as big as a pub. As I understand it, BOAST normally meet in a tractor. There should be enough room on the back to accommodate the empty beer barrel in which BALLS hold their get-togethers. :oasissign1::OASISscarf:

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

No need for something as big as a pub. As I understand it, BOAST normally meet in a tractor. There should be enough room on the back to accommodate the empty beer barrel in which BALLS hold their get-togethers. :oasissign1::OASISscarf:

Seriously though what pubs etc for Bristol?

Got my ticket before today’s game and 30 mins in I was questioning my judgement. lol.

Reading off Football ground guide, theirs a couple of decent friendly locals within 10 minutes walking of the ground.

Whats everyone doing Standing or Sitting, women said we'd only sold 45 as of today, but i suppose its not all ticket so most will pay on the day.

...especially when you figure that for exiles the phone call costs 10p a minute and the potage a pound. So the saving is at most 90p. Not worth committing yourself for that small a saving.

...especially when you figure that for exiles the phone call costs 10p a minute and the potage a pound. So the saving is at most 90p. Not worth committing yourself for that small a saving.

Well the ones i know that are going and me included are standing at the side of the goal.

I got my ticket and might regret my choice tuesday night!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Well the ones i know that are going and me included are standing at the side of the goal.

I got my ticket and might regret my choice tuesday night!

I'm in the seats with my Brizzle City mate, he reckons he's on a mission to free Brizzle of gasheads while i watch the match!!!

Should be an interesting curry, on my own after he gets banged up :angry:

B.O.A.S.T is the Bristol Oldham Athletic Supporters Team. It is the third biggest organisation for exiled Latics fans after OASIS and B.A.L.L.S (Burton Area Loyal Latics Supporters). :wink:

Excuse me but I think you will find InSane (Oldham Supporters In Scotland and the North East) has more members than either BALLS or BOAST. We doff our cap to OASIS though.

Even LOAF has got more members than BALLS hasn't it? (Although not technically as I do understand rudimentary anatomy).

:)

Excuse me but I think you will find InSane (Oldham Supporters In Scotland and the North East) has more members than either BALLS or BOAST. We doff our cap to OASIS though.

Even LOAF has got more members than BALLS hasn't it? (Although not technically as I do understand rudimentary anatomy).

:)

Covering an entire region of the country is bound to recruit more members than concentrating on one town and surrounding area (with residents temporarily living abroad) for quality rather than quantity. Extending that by going into another country, where men wear skirts, to recruit members also gives an advantage, in addition to smacking of desperation. :tongue1:

BURTON AREA LOYAL LATICS' SUPPORTERS

Sorry for the delay chaps... unfortunately I have been up't north for the weekend, in deepest darkest Delph... therefore without Interweb cos they burn people un them there hills for talk of the magic light box of pictures and "tap-tap-tapping".... I darent tell them its just football chat...

Right... never fear... Boast is here... cant say much more than what is on here.. Football ground guide?

the pub I have always gone in for a quick pint is the Victoria Inn on gloucester road... however, it is a bit pokey, but should be alright if we get in there early doors... normally good banter with the locals, and only 5 mins from the ground...

However... I have heard good things about the Sportsman and Annexe bar Sportsman ... as it says on the good ground guide its supposed to be spacey and good beer... never been there but may go and check it out tomorrow and looks a good shout for those getting down early for food, pool, entertainment etc... a couple of gasheads i know say thats the best bet...

Then theres the Kellaway which is Diego's suggestion... which i have been in but not on a matchday.. and not walked to the ground from...

Am off work tomorrow so will head down for a quick scounting mission and set the choice on here tomorrow... will prob be whichever is closer to the ground out of the kellaway and the sportsman for the early doors meet up... then we can pop into the Vic for a pint if we want to on the way to the ground...

Oh... and will be most definitely standing....

However... I have heard good things about the Sportsman and Annexe bar Sportsman ... as it says on the good ground guide its supposed to be spacey and good beer... never been there but may go and check it out tomorrow and looks a good shout for those getting down early for food, pool, entertainment etc... a couple of gasheads i know say thats the best bet...

... Just got back from my 'scouting mission' on the gloucester road, and the various drinking establishments in the horfield area.... and the Annexe bar and sportsman is definitely the winner... exactly half a mile from the ground (measured with sat-nav), so bout 5-10 mins walk, but as close as the other main boozers...

Great pub - spacey, plasma TV's, 6 pool tables and a decent selection of beers - its a winner for the meet up....

Directions as below - there's a map on the link above...

From the Gas's ground:

- Turn left by the lights that link onto gloucester road - opposite Horfield methodist Church - and head down gloucester road

- Keep Going straight down, you will pass a Total Garage, and Domino's Pizza, plus lots of other student aimed shops and eateries

- after about 500 yrds from the ground you will walk past the John Cabot & Anchor pubs (told these are the brizzle mainstays)

- Take the second left after the Anchor - this is Nevil Rd, and the pub is on the left after about 100 yrds...

See you there from about 5pm!

:drinking66:

Edited by BigfinLatic

FOrtheoldhamfan.jpg

Thats the afore mentioned Victoria mate.... as is said, good place to nip in for a quick beer before the match but didnt meet the stringent criteria laid down for a pre-match boozer for the early birds... :wink: as is said, if you want a quick pint nip in there... and I prob will on the way up to the ground, but if you want a decent pub head down the gloucester road....

Great map though.... its about the distance from the petrol station to the ground again to the Sportsman...

This might help you to understand the Brizzle dialect tonight. Unique to Bristol, is the Bristol L (or terminal L), in which an L sound is appended to words that end in an 'a' or 'o'. Thus "area" becomes "areal", etc. This is believed to be how the city's name evolved from Brycgstow to have a final 'L' sound: Bristol. Further Bristolian linguistic features are the addition of a superfluous "to" in questions relating to direction or orientation, or using "to" instead of "at"; and using male pronouns "he", "him" instead of "it". For example, "Where's that?" would be phrased as "Where's he to?".

Here's how the locals spend their time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSoH3pOHow...feature=related