Allott, Allessandra, and Davies

Firstly, how on earth didn't Allott get MOM? Won by a country mile. Didn't lose a single challenge and drove us on throughout. Captain without the armband.

Allessandra - all he needs is a goal cos the rest of his game, for a kid, is exceptional. Came up against a couple of big centre halves yesterday, Skiverton being one of the best at this level, and shrugged them off with ease. A very clever player.

And finally Davies, starting to play like we know he can. He's putting the effort in and getting his reward. As Shez said "he's starting to listen". Keep it up Davies, see a bit of effort and determination and you'll get the full backing of the crowd. Warney, not a world beater, but can anyone remember a reception like it? All because the guy gave it his all for the club.

Oh and Davies's celebration...a dig at Hughesy's perhaps? Apologies if he's always celebrated like that, it's been a while...

E4e

WARNE

Firstly, how on earth didn't Allott get MOM? Won by a country mile. Didn't lose a single challenge and drove us on throughout. Captain without the armband.

Allessandra - all he needs is a goal cos the rest of his game, for a kid, is exceptional. Came up against a couple of big centre halves yesterday, Skiverton being one of the best at this level, and shrugged them off with ease. A very clever player.

And finally Davies, starting to play like we know he can. He's putting the effort in and getting his reward. As Shez said "he's starting to listen". Keep it up Davies, see a bit of effort and determination and you'll get the full backing of the crowd. Warney, not a world beater, but can anyone remember a reception like it? All because the guy gave it his all for the club.

Oh and Davies's celebration...a dig at Hughesy's perhaps? Apologies if he's always celebrated like that, it's been a while...

E4e

WARNE

I think highly of Skiverton (always noticed him because of his Roy of the Rovers, old school look) but he was poor yesterday - maybe Alessandra was too much for him??

I think highly of Skiverton (always noticed him because of his Roy of the Rovers, old school look) but he was poor yesterday - maybe Alessandra was too much for him??

One thing about Allesandra is that he is arrogant and I think it would be hard to bully him. Makes you think what could have been if he started against Hudds as Paige gave Smalley a torid time.

I agree Allott bossed the game from start to finish and was easily MOtM.

Not a surprise to me. Every time we played at Saltergate between 02-06 Allott was the baest player on the pitch and despite being on the wrong end of a few tonkings in the return games has always been their best player. Despite the reservations of many when he returned he's proved a lot of people wrong a TRUE latic through and through. Player of the season by a mile, surely all bets are off?

Yes I am big enough to admit I was totally against Allotts return and early season form of the Allott/Kalala pairing seemed to confirm I was right. However since his reintroduction (without Kalala may I add) Allott has been superb and would agree he's currently POTS.

Yes I am big enough to admit I was totally against Allotts return and early season form of the Allott/Kalala pairing seemed to confirm I was right. However since his reintroduction (without Kalala may I add) Allott has been superb and would agree he's currently POTS.

Allott has been imense but if we are going to talk bargain of the season then it must start and end with Hazel. I would say Hazel also up there with Allott for player of the season.

Guest sheridans_world

Allott player of the season with Hazel a close second. Both have been immense.

Feel sorry for Hazel because he doesnt get to the business end and he does such a good job of clearing up, people take him for granted!

Allott player of the season with Hazel a close second. Both have been immense.

Feel sorry for Hazel because he doesnt get to the business end and he does such a good job of clearing up, people take him for granted!

Going back onto Alessandra (C'mon Nick, haven't you learned to spell his name right yet?), I don't think I've seen a striker at Latics with as naturally quick feet and good close control as Lewis for a good while. Hughes has got it, which goes without saying but for a lad as young as he is, he's got a very bright future.

As for POTS, has to be Allott I think. Shez always liked him as a player and none of us could quite see why if we're all honest. I think we do now.

Despite the reservations of many when he returned he's proved a lot of people wrong a TRUE latic through and through. Player of the season by a mile, surely all bets are off?

Totally agree, fantastic season, proved many wrong but with regards to him being a Latics fan I am sure in his first spell here he did an interview in the programme (be 99/00 season) saying he was a City fan and he'd gone to the play off final in 99 etc :mmm:

Can support who he wants as long as he keeps playing the way he is though, quality.

Going back onto Alessandra (C'mon Nick, haven't you learned to spell his name right yet?), I don't think I've seen a striker at Latics with as naturally quick feet and good close control as Lewis for a good while. Hughes has got it, which goes without saying but for a lad as young as he is, he's got a very bright future.

As for POTS, has to be Allott I think. Shez always liked him as a player and none of us could quite see why if we're all honest. I think we do now.

Davies for POTS - deffo

E4e

WARNE

Not sure if it was a dig. Davies seems to celebrate in a different way after every goal. It's strange but he almost looks uncomfortable in the way that he celebrates.

Personally, I think the guy has some real self-confidence issues perhaps highlighted by the way he beats himself up at times and then goes missing into his shell. You can also see that he wants to please people by the way that he ran straight to Sheridan after scoring at Huddersfield. That came after Shez had publically challenged him to do a bit more.

The guy clearly isn't straight-forward and needs some tender handling. You need to take the rough with the smooth in my opinion and if he were a consistent goal-scoring machine, then he wouldn't be playing for Latics.

I think Davies for our level is a big talent. Part of the reason he is so frustrating is that fans have seen class finishes along with wild swings! I agree he is too eager to please. Some stupid shots, trying too hard to put things right, and then unltimately giving up at times. 14 goals in all comps and counting, is a healthy return. If he makes 20 and people still call him I'm gunna go mad. I cannot believe the stick he gets.

I think Davies for our level is a big talent. Part of the reason he is so frustrating is that fans have seen class finishes along with wild swings! I agree he is too eager to please. Some stupid shots, trying too hard to put things right, and then unltimately giving up at times. 14 goals in all comps and counting, is a healthy return. If he makes 20 and people still call him I'm gunna go mad. I cannot believe the stick he gets.

He is a greedy, sulking, whinging, talentless waste of a Latics shirt.

According to some on here.

I, however really rate him (along with John Toshack and the majority of other managers in this division who have commented on him)

Virtually ever LW interview Sheridan does when Davis' name is brought up we get the same script from Shez. Basically between the lines (yeah yeah I know Shez hasn't stated this cos it's between the lines and some on here have a problem folks thinkin for themselves) it appears Shez and Davis don't quite hit it off and there is a little friction there. Most probably due to the two characters of the men. He always kinda indicates Davis wont listen to him and it's a constant theme the conversations between them. It strikes me Shez is frustrated with Davis and wants to enforce he's the boss along with probably sound advice and Davis kinda resents the constant advice he sometimes see's as critism. I also get the feeling it's Davis he refers to as thinking he's better than he really is too. I reckon I know when the pair of them have had their spats too cos Shez goes on about it more in his interviews.

Given the right man management of Davis I think he'll develop into top player for Latics and aint doin to bad a job as it is. Lewis......well it's well documented what I've thought of this lad for sometime whilst I saw him in the yuffs and stiffs. Allott currently takes my POTS.

I also get the feeling it's Davis he refers to as thinking he's better than he really is too.

Lags, Shez said as much in the Chron last week...

"Having said that, he needs to do better because, not being awful, sometimes I get the impression he thinks he is better than he is."

E4e

AGREE