Shez Snubs Potential Signing

Guest M_OAFC

Exclusive from the rarely wrong including quotations from Shez speaking in the first person so it's either true or the Chron have taken it to a whole new level.

He says it was a player he definitely would have taken on loan but the guy wasn't prepared to come without the promise of a 2 year perm deal at the end of the loan. He says the guy definitely would have helped us up front but he (Shez) wasn't prepared to commit to paying his wages for that long without a closer look first.

No clue offered as to who it is though.

Exclusive from the rarely wrong including quotations from Shez speaking in the first person so it's either true or the Chron have taken it to a whole new level.

He says it was a player he definitely would have taken on loan but the guy wasn't prepared to come without the promise of a 2 year perm deal at the end of the loan. He says the guy definitely would have helped us up front but he (Shez) wasn't prepared to commit to paying his wages for that long without a closer look first.

No clue offered as to who it is though.

Sounds sensible to me.....

Guest sheridans_world
Has Dabo scarred him. Otherwise, it seems a little over cautious.

If he is good enough for a two year contract, he can earn it. Big enough wages at the moment for anyone to guarntee that for someone who might not even fit in (ala Ricketts)

Yes, i can see the logic. I was just wondering, if he's an established player then you've a good idea of his ability. I was just thinking if the same approach was applied to everyone and every team then what would the result be? Nobody gets a contract until they've been on loan? It could be a very good idea because it makes you more confident in the person/character. And it works both ways. Once they've been with us for a month they will, of course, be far more likely to want to stay!

Just a thought.

Yes, i can see the logic. I was just wondering, if he's an established player then you've a good idea of his ability. I was just thinking if the same approach was applied to everyone and every team then what would the result be? Nobody gets a contract until they've been on loan? It could be a very good idea because it makes you more confident in the person/character. And it works both ways. Once they've been with us for a month they will, of course, be far more likely to want to stay!

Just a thought.

Yep can see the logic, but if they prove to be a revelation and they are not tied down it can work the other way. Why do I get the feeling this deal refers to Hartson???? They'd have to be a free agent to request a two year deal............

Edited by oafcprozac

Yep can see the logic, but if they prove to ba a revelation and they are not tied down can work the other why. Why do I get the feeling this deal refers to Hartson???? They'd have to be a free agent to request a two year deal............

Good piece of logic! Wasn't he on something ridiculous like £30,000 pa. Also, if it is Hartson, we'd need to know about fitness (he was always a bit of a fatty) and attitude. We wouldn't want another McGinley (spelling??).

Thinkt here are two slightly different connotations with this... if the player said "I wont sign unless there is a gold plated 2 year deal on the table at the end of the season - no matter what" then he can sling his hook... if the player says "Look, I'm the business, if I play well over the next 15 games then I deserve a two year contract" then go for it... as is said above it is a win/win trial...

I ahve to say I assume this is the former.... and we would probably end up with an overpaid, past it, injury prone waster in two seasons... *cough* liddell *cough* :wink:

I really don't rate Kuqi......at all.......not even a bit!!

he was quality about 5 years ago... but from what i have seen of him so far this season, not much kop... he does fit the bill of batering ram striker however.... and his nationality aint half bad...

he was quality about 5 years ago... but from what i have seen of him so far this season, not much kop... he does fit the bill of batering ram striker however.... and his nationality aint half bad...

I wonder if we could get Wayne Harrison in on loan

:lol:

I really don't rate Kuqi......at all.......not even a bit!!

Could be just what we are looking for Rick.

Of course, that is to say that we are looking for a :censored: that rages in fits of apoplexy because he doesn't get awarded a free kick (or pen, can't remember) and ends up getting sent off ranting and raving whilst leaving the pitch with one of his boots in his hand!

Was he playing for the Wendies that day?

KtF,

Derek.

Could be just what we are looking for Rick.

Of course, that is to say that we are looking for a :censored: that rages in fits of apoplexy because he doesn't get awarded a free kick (or pen, can't remember) and ends up getting sent off ranting and raving whilst leaving the pitch with one of his boots in his hand!

Was he playing for the Wendies that day?

KtF,

Derek.

At least he aint Ginger, Hey Derek....?

Guest sheridans_world
At least he aint Ginger, Hey Derek....?

Not.... doing well..... in resisting..... temptation........ to say........... strawberry blonde......

• 3 years later...

<!--quoteo(post=105689:date=Feb 26 2008, 14:24 PM:name=sheridans_world)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sheridans_world @ Feb 26 2008, 14:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=105689"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not.... doing well..... in resisting..... temptation........ to say........... strawberry blonde......<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Kuqi aint fit to serve porridge to Hughesy

{cough]