Time to Go John

Come on John you are making Ronnie look like a good 'un. Take Tommy with you when you go.

You've dithered in the transfer window, ignored advice about Taylor's left foot, cancelled contracts left right and centre with no replacements and embarrassed us again tonight with a team of kids.

You signed a striker and put him on the bench, made Eardley captain again (how is this fella an International?)and now the fans are deserting in droves.

Assuming Stam misses the next game who's playing in defence?

You have been promised money for new players but seem incapable of committing anything to add to the playing squad.

What happened to the changes you promised? Did you give Lomax a contract in order to sell him.

McDonald isnt a right winger, why do you persist in playing all and sundry there instead of Chris Taylor?

We have no decent reserve goalkeeper and no physios.

Soon be time to renew our season tickets again. This season is dead and buried.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on John you are making Ronnie look like a good 'un. Take Tommy with you when you go.

You've dithered in the transfer window, ignored advice about Taylor's left foot, cancelled contracts left right and centre with no replacements and embarrassed us again tonight with a team of kids.

You signed a striker and put him on the bench, made Eardley captain again (how is this fella an International?)and now the fans are deserting in droves.

Assuming Stam misses the next game who's playing in defence?

You have been promised money for new players but seem incapable of committing anything to add to the playing squad.

What happened to the changes you promised? Did you give Lomax a contract in order to sell him.

McDonald isnt a right winger, why do you persist in playing all and sundry there instead of Chris Taylor?

We have no decent reserve goalkeeper and no physios.

Soon be time to renew our season tickets again. This season is dead and buried.

the only thing i will hold against him at the moment is his recent comments of all out attack,it just hasnt happened and he now looks rather silly for making such a bold statement.

i will give him another season to get it right,but then that will be it,and if we havent moved on football wise and seen a very big improvement,then it will have been 3 wasted years.

doesnt always follow that when your a brilliant player you will make a fantastic manager,just look ay brian robson

I watched this interview with gerard houllier, and he doesnt like managers taking over straight from playing, they need to learn under a man of experience, he said:

"in any other business you wouldnt get one of your bog standard workers to go straight into management of your company, but you do in football, they need to work under men who have acheived as manager, learn as a coach, then they can do great things."

I think shez was took on too early, I believe we should offer to keep him as a coach, aswell as tommy, and get a manager in who has won trophies, and has a proven record, i dont mean a million years ago, but possibly in late 90s or better (I say late 90s, because if they have acheived anything after that they probably wont come to us)

Tottally disagree!!

The team that fiished I presume will start accept the new lad on the bench for either hughes or davies depending.(how fit)

A draw at home isnt good but would'nt say it was embarassing.

Striker on loan brought in today its obvious he's not going to start , when he knows no names how they play etc and when were looking for points on the board he's right to go with a team that are used to playing with each other.

Josh Bell is alright for 2nd stream.

Physio wont of been his fault probably out of his hands that , will be the club who sort that.

Season 07/08:11th. Fair, with the new players and young lads and lack of experience due to injury. Think thats a fair position to be come may.

Cant expect to be playoffs this year just because we got them JUST, last year.

Shezza's 2nd season in charge I think will be playoffs pushing automatic.

KTF in Shez

I watched this interview with gerard houllier, and he doesnt like managers taking over straight from playing, they need to learn under a man of experience, he said:

"in any other business you wouldnt get one of your bog standard workers to go straight into management of your company, but you do in football, they need to work under men who have acheived as manager, learn as a coach, then they can do great things."

I think shez was took on too early, I believe we should offer to keep him as a coach, aswell as tommy, and get a manager in who has won trophies, and has a proven record, i dont mean a million years ago, but possibly in late 90s or better (I say late 90s, because if they have acheived anything after that they probably wont come to us)

You mean like we did with Joe Royle?

Sheridan is learning all the time and we should stick with him. Changing manager every few seasons hasn't exactly done us brilliantly recently.

I think at end of season, everyone sits down and sort what is what,

1st - who should we keep, who should go etc. dont keep people because "we have no one else in that position" just get rid of them

2nd - look at remaining players, and look at where we need to get new people in.

3rd - moment of transfer window opening go straight for players you want, dont delay, dont reveal anything to anyone until they sign, if they mess around with agents demandin more fees give them a deadline of 3 days to decide, we dont need the hassle of waiting for decisions and then losing time to sign someone else if they turn us down.

4th - once you have your players, work intensely with them, extra training sessions, get them all talking as a team, learning as a team, get them in the mentality that they can easiy win the league.

I think that should really get us going.

Hey my name is John Sheridan and I can't attract big players; I can only attract people like:

Michael Ricketts

Craig Davies

Neil Kilkenny

Mark Crossley

Lee Hughes

I also make terrible signings like:

Reuben Hazell

Mark Allott

Jason Jarrett

David Livermore

In my first season I only managed to get my team to finish 6th, when previously we finished 8th. Also, we had a disappointing F.A Cup, we only reached the 4th round and only managed to beat Doncaster away and Everton away. I am such a terrible manager that in my second season and with a new team I lie 8 points off the playoffs with a game in hand and a match against the team who currently sit 6th. That's put my team 2 hole points behind a playoff place. Boy I sure am a total failure. I should be fired A.S.A.P

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Hey my name is John Sheridan and I can't attract big players; I can only attract people like:

Michael Ricketts

Craig Davies

Neil Kilkenny

Mark Crossley

Lee Hughes

Reuben Hazell

Mark Allott

Jason Jarrett

David Livermore

In my first season I only managed to get my team to finish 6th, when previously we finished 8th. Also, we had a disappointing F.A Cup, we only reached the 4th round and only managed to beat Doncaster away and Everton away. I am such a terrible manager that in my second season and with a new team I lie 8 points off the playoffs with a game in hand and a match against the team who currently sit 6th. That's put my team 2 hole points behind a playoff place. Boy I sure am a total failure. I should be fired A.S.A.P

:applause1: Couldn't agree more Pukka, quality post. Shez will come good, KEEP THE FAITH

Michael Ricketts

Craig Davies

Neil Kilkenny

Mark Crossley

Lee Hughes

Reuben Hazell

Mark Allott

Jason Jarrett

David Livermore

Great point, well made.

IMO it's ludicrous and stupid to suggest sacking Sheridan, he is in his second season and is trying to build a team and a squad to get us out of this division.

If we sack him now we start at square one again and we've been there many times before, stick with him he will get it right but it takes time, patience is required.

:ktf:

unfeckinbelievable!!!

a question for all you outers...

in you're opinion,who should we get as manager then???

(now this SHOULD get funny!)

I asked the same question when they was all on about sacking Ronnie....guess which name kept coming up.....Shez....not that any of them will admit it now though.....

unfeckinbelievable!!!

a question for all you outers...

in you're opinion,who should we get as manager then???

(now this SHOULD get funny!)

Jose Mourinho (the Special One) is looking for work, and since we will be playing in the same colours as chelski next season perhaps we could fool him into coming?

HAHAHA!!

I really love how some fans still can't realise that we're still where we are today because we've had a manager merry-go-round since 1994.

Sack Sheridan? You must be having a Turkish. We won't go up this season, that's for sure, however this close season Sheridan has to have a good look at his squad and strengthen in the right areas.

Midfield

Left Wing

Striker

Let's have a bit of faith in him. If he ain't to be, he goes at the end of NEXT season should we fail miserably.

I really love how some fans still can't realise that we're still where we are today because we've had a manager merry-go-round since 1994.

Sack Sheridan? You must be having a Turkish. We won't go up this season, that's for sure, however this close season Sheridan has to have a good look at his squad and strengthen in the right areas.

Midfield

Left Wing

Striker

Let's have a bit of faith in him. If he ain't to be, he goes at the end of NEXT season should we fail miserably.

I agree with this....

Shez has to get us going next year....

What do you count as a fail though ? Not getting promotion or not making the play offs ?

For me making the play offs is what I expect....if we make them and fail then I wouldnt sack him.....dont make the play offs and I think we could then really start asking questions....

Thank the lord for common sense, the last few replies to that ludicrous post are logical and realistic - why on earth would we sack someone who has got us playing proper footy, got us in the play offs last season and there or there abouts this season - do these people think we should be top above Leeds (scum), forest, Donny with all the brass they are spending - no - realitiy check - under Moore we were poor. Agreed we all have different opinions about Talys on the right, Lomax starting every week but just because he doesnt do everything the fans want you want him sacked - get real!!!

Thank the lord for common sense, the last few replies to that ludicrous post are logical and realistic - why on earth would we sack someone who has got us playing proper footy, got us in the play offs last season and there or there abouts this season - do these people think we should be top above Leeds (scum), forest, Donny with all the brass they are spending - no - realitiy check - under Moore we were poor. Agreed we all have different opinions about Talys on the right, Lomax starting every week but just because he doesnt do everything the fans want you want him sacked - get real!!!

:applause1:

Midfield

Left Wing

Striker

I think we should strengthen in the following areas:

Goalkeeper

Defence

Midfield

Attack.

In my eyes what he’s done right he’s done well, what he’s done wrong he’s done badly. He needs three years at least and changing manager will just send us back to the drawing board. I think we would struggle to replace him with anyone better anyway.

I do have many issues with him but I think an experienced coach would make a hell of a difference. Got to wonder about Tommy really though, what does he bring?