That experienced striker

he isn't good enough.

yeah,scored a very well taken goal,but his overall performance was not good enough..

in fact,crap.

hughesy will be back soon...

B)

ive seen every minute he has played and i would say he has completly undermined what being a latic is all about. no passion, no fight and in all honesty no skill. yes he scored a good goal today but his all round game isnt good enough

ive seen every minute he has played and i would say he has completly undermined what being a latic is all about. no passion, no fight and in all honesty no skill. yes he scored a good goal today but his all round game isnt good enough

This is a whoosh right?

Do we judge players on their 1st 90 min after 3 or 4 training sessions and 10min as a sub when he had only met his team-mates hours before?

According to the commentators, Sheridan has been after Robertson for a while.

he isn't good enough.

yeah,scored a very well taken goal,but his overall performance was not good enough..

in fact,crap.

B)

you'll have the happy clappy brigade on your back johnny. You can't just assess a player in a Latics shirt on his touch and movement after 100 minutes - and it's no wonder players don't want to come to Latics with fans shouting encouragement at the game but privately having doubts and expressing those on a closed message board. you're a plank like me.

he isn't good enough.

in fact,crap.

B)

You know what - I am utterly bemused by all the people who are having a go at this kid.. its an old Cliche but i really must have been watching a different game, oh well... its all about opinions...

I saw a strong, confident young player, who was slightly unfit, give a great battling performance.. lead the line well, and rip his marker to pieces on numerous occasions... hoping that soon the people who were sat around me will back me up!

... anyway.. as you say Johnny.. Hughesy will be back soon! B)

Not being happy clappy but can't we give the lad a break for a few games before jumping all over him.

How many strikers have you seen over the years that on the odd game you've seen not been good enough and yet still manage to score regularly? More than I care to remember I have to say! I'm not saying he is going to be some fantastic player (at the end of the day he's from Sheff U) but at least give the lad time to bed in/get used to regular league football before saying he isn't good enough. He's currently got a better ratio than any of our other strikers!

I'm with Big Fin here, he did well first half and scored the all important 1st - tired in the 2nd half but was starved of service and support as vale dominated for 25 mins. I think we should sign the ref tho for the assist on our 2nd killer goal ;-)

I'm with Big Fin here, he did well first half and scored the all important 1st - tired in the 2nd half but was starved of service and support as vale dominated for 25 mins. I think we should sign the ref tho for the assist on our 2nd killer goal ;-)

Well if being ineffective and not good enough as some have said means that he finishes chances as sweetly as he did yesterday,bring it on. Although we DO need either Hughesy or Proper Bo back asap!

What a joke people say hes no good already. When he had the ball he looked half decent. Didnt exactly put the :censored:ters up the defence but I seem to remember a certain someone called Luke Beckett who did sod all besides stick the ball in the net. This kids scored a good goal and worked well in holding it up etc. Hes only here due to our main men being out, at least give him a chance to try and keep his place when the wondermen upfront come back

I thought he played very well. Great goal, linked play, and did little intelligent things. IIRC the Ref/Eardley goal came following a move where their keeper had been forced to lump it long because Robertson closed down the fullback who he wanted to play it to rather than closing the keeper. I didn't see his sub appearance but on the basis of yesterday he's one I would think about buying in the summer. A decent all round striker for this level.