Wolfy's Finish spot on! Watch all the goals Here!

KYLEOAFC

Wolfy's not good enough.

Robertson is crap

How is Eardley an international?

The problem we have is Wolfy and Chris Hall and Matty Barlow and all the other strikers and players we have had of the similar age should have been made to go out on loan earlier on in their career to get a good stretch of competitive first team football.

Then we would have been in a better position to asses them and their future potential, and both parties would have been able to move on if the players didn't come up to scratch, rather than letting them languish in the reserves and make the odd first team appearance.

Hence Sheff united sending Robertson here.

If we had another decent striker wolfenden wouldn't be anywhere near our first team.

He's been knocking on the door apparently for the past 3 years and to be honest if he's not good enough now he won't ever be.

Its sad but he's only playing because we are short of firepower up front and the roles of weak forwards who cant barge their way past defenders has been snapped up by Dean smalley, Craig Davies and Lewis Alessandra so wolfys niche has been taken.

Robertson has more of a future in football than what wolfy or Smalley have and given, he's not perfect but he's a good squad player for us in our time of need.

As for your point regarding Eardley that can be answered in two words

He's Welsh! :D

Edited by KYLEOAFC

The problem we have is Wolfy and Chris Hall and Matty Barlow and all the other strikers and players we have had of the similar age should have been made to go out on loan earlier on in their career to get a good stretch of competitive first team football.

Then we would have been in a better position to asses them and their future potential, and both parties would have been able to move on if the players didn't come up to scratch, rather than letting them languish in the reserves and make the odd first team appearance.

Hence Sheff united sending Robertson here.

If we had another decent striker wolfenden wouldn't be anywhere near our first team.

He's been knocking on the door apparently for the past 3 years and to be honest if he's not good enough now he won't ever be.

Its sad but he's only playing because we are short of firepower up front and the roles of weak forwards who cant barge their way past defenders has been snapped up by Dean smalley, Craig Davies and Lewis Alessandra so wolfys niche has been taken.

Robertson has more of a future in football than what wolfy or Smalley have and given, he's not perfect but he's a good squad player for us in our time of need.

As for your point regarding Eardley that can be answered in two words

He's Welsh! :D

I agree with that about Wolfy. We've had lots of strikers who have failed to make that final step whilst lots of other youths have broken through into the team or at least gone on to make a career at Rochdale or the level below. I can't see the point of a player being "nearly ready" for 3 or 4 years, if they aren't reckoned to be able to step straight up then they should go on loan. I don't believe a player develops much in the Reserves between the ages of about 16 and 19, unless they need to fill out physically.

I agree with that about Wolfy. We've had lots of strikers who have failed to make that final step whilst lots of other youths have broken through into the team or at least gone on to make a career at Rochdale or the level below. I can't see the point of a player being "nearly ready" for 3 or 4 years, if they aren't reckoned to be able to step straight up then they should go on loan. I don't believe a player develops much in the Reserves between the ages of about 16 and 19, unless they need to fill out physically.

He should go out on loan now to a league 2 club. Robertsons finish was superb to.

1st impression of the back pass was it never was but looking again it was a back pass and if he didnt catch it would have probably have ended up in the net.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

for the backpass, i didnt hear one person shout for a backpass and if the ref hadnt of given it i think it would have gone unnoticed. very harsh decision, but like you say if he hadnt of got to it it was in the back of the net anyway

He should go out on loan now to a league 2 club. Robertsons finish was superb to.

1st impression of the back pass was it never was but looking again it was a back pass and if he didnt catch it would have probably have ended up in the net.

From all I read and heard yesterday i expected Robertson to be a good distance offside but in that clip it looked close at worst, The defender didn't appeal either.

Just seen the goals, three cracking goals - I really should stop watching Latics as every time i don't go they seem to win well!

Well done to the new lad, great for him to get a goal early in his Latics career, well done to Neal for bagging as he seems to be vastly underrated on this board and well done to Woolfy, cracking strike. Shezza must now have a bit of a selection problem of who to play - all this without Davies and Hughesy - who would have thought it eh?

Agreed. Piece of piss bread and butter finish - but well taken never the less.

Twas a lovely finish, and reacted very quickly but I couldn't help thinking Vale's awful defending was a major factor. Their heads were clearly right down after that stupid refs clanger and Wolfy ruthlessly took advantage of it.

Good result but I think we'd have struggled with a performance like that at a more robust team.

Wolfy's not good enough.

Robertson is crap

How is Eardley an international?

Is this the OWTB True or False competition? Ok....I'll have a go...

Wolfy's not good enough - True

Robertson is crap - False

Eardley is an international - True

:wink:

PS I thought it was nice of Shez to give Wolfy his final run out in a Latics shirt. And I'm happy we've all got the memory of a cracking goal to remember him by.