No passion, no fight, clearly too many players who had a poor game (McDonald, Smalley, Allesandra, Stam, Hazell, Eardley) backed up with players with clearly weren't that arsed either way (Leon). Not a good recipe at all. The only players who didn't disgrace themselves were Crossley (whose form has improved of late, almost unrecognisably) and Allott who refused to give the ball away, unlike virtually all of his team-mates.

3,700? No wonder having to watch :censored: like that week in week out. What happens next? Another clear out by Sheridan followed by another set of players who "dont do what I say" "I tell them to play football" etc. Garbage again Shez. You need to take a long look at yourself and really think if your management material. I've never felt this despondent about the team, I can't see us moving forward at all under the current set up, just continued, continual, slow steady decline.

Wot game were you watching?

Yes we were poor but you cant have a go at Allesandra (man of match for me) he was only player who looked likely of creating anything and unlocking their defence until Smalley came on.

And Hazell was solid all game couldnt fault him myself, thought he coped well against a pacy striker who looked too good for their team

Yeah but if we'd have won tonight and win on Saturday...

One slight problem, we're not good enough to win tonight and Saturday. Have these people been watching a different Latics this season? Can't remember a season as dire and dreadful as this. We're just pathetic, summed up completely by a pathetic choice in captain. I'd just love to hear Shez's argument justifying Eards.

Anyway not just singling Eards out here cos the vast majority were garbage but, come on, when the going gets tough you look to your captain. Step forward Mark Allott. Like giving it Bosh ahead of Dux.

E4e

ZZZZZ

Garbage it was but lets try and remember a few things here about the team. there are now alot of loanees with many just arrived, add to them all the kids thrown in due to injuries and you have a team that doesn't know each other. That always makes things tough but when so many are kids thrown in early then overal they are trying and need time and support.

Our injury list

Gregan

Davies

Liddell

Hughes

Pogs - now gone

Thompson

JP Kalala

Recent team

Livermore - Loan

Robertson - Loan

Constantine - Loan

Jarrett - Loan

Allessandra - Kid

Smalley - Kid

Wolfenden - Kid

Taylor - Kid in the wrong position

Earley - Kid made captain which is mad

Lomax - Kid in the wrong position as he is right footed but done well

Plus all the kids on the bench!!!

That is alot of kids and loans and it is because our attendances are rubbish giving no spending power.

The mistakes Shez has made are

Taylor on wrong wing

Livermore should be left midfield with taylor on right but he MUST drop Jarrett to do that

Lomax should never have been dropped from left back to fit Livermore in

Apart from that what can he do on our budget with our injuries?

Oh and tonights ref was an absolute shocker along with both linos

Edited by Max Damage

oh stop making excuses our team should be good enough to beat a side that hasnt won away for 14 games and for a side that could close the gap on the play offs to 2 points with them to play on sat its a joke mate

Garbage it was but lets try and remember a few things here about the team. there are now alot of loanees with many just arrived, add to them all the kids thrown in due to injuries and you have a team that doesn't know each other. That always makes things tough but when so many are kids thrown in early then overal they are trying and need time and support.

Our injury list

Gregan

Davies

Liddell

Hughes

Pogs - now gone

Thompson

JP Kalala

Recent team

Livermore - Loan

Robertson - Loan

Constantine - Loan

Jarrett - Loan

Allessandra - Kid

Smalley - Kid

Taylor - Kid in the wrong position

Earley - Kid made captain which is mad

Lomax - Kid in the wrong position as he is right footed but done well

That is alot of kids and loans and it is because our attendances are rubbish giving no spending power.

The mistakes Shez has made are

Taylor on wrong wing

Livermore should be left midfield with taylor on right but he MUST drop Jarrett to do that

Lomax should never have been dropped from left back to fit Livermore in

Oh and tonights ref was an absolute shocker along with both linos

Can't remember a season as dire and dreadful as this.

Dunno mate. To have highs like Everton, Leeds and erm... Carlisle. It's better than most teams have had.

But I totally get your drift. Another game we lose with a whimper and from a rare attack by them. Happened far too many times.

Interesting really, no-one wanted to put their foot on the ball and play simple football to one another. Also interesting, apart from Everton away, since Kilkenny left we've been absolutely abysmal. I think therin lies out real problem.

CREATE

Then, my friend, your memory is mercifully short.

I'd rather be watching the season peter out in inconsistent midtable obscurity than be fighting a relegation scrap (as we have been in at least half the past ten seasons).

Of course, I'd prefer it if we were in the top six, but then I never really expected that this season anyway.

Dunno mate. To have highs like Everton, Leeds and erm... Carlisle. It's better than most teams have had.

But I totally get your drift. Another game we lose with a whimper and from a rare attack by them. Happened far too many times.

Interesting really, no-one wanted to put their foot on the ball and play simple football to one another. Also interesting, apart from Everton away, since Kilkenny left we've been absolutely abysmal. I think therin lies out real problem.

CREATE

I was saying that at half time - its been a very strange season. Its given us some of the best moments I've had as a latics fan "Leeds and Everton", but ultimately its been a very dissapointing season. Probably the most dissapointing season I've ever had whilst watching latics. But we have had worse - so why such dissapointment?

Expectations? After last season people expected a lot.

The highs perhaps have made the rest of it so dissapointing? People think that we are capable.

The cost? £19 to watch :censored: is a lot of money.

The truth is its probably all 3.

Its not been dire. We have had much worse seasons. Its just been a massive dissapointment. Coupled with a few highs to make you dream, then the dissapointment comes and hits you harder, cos you dared to dream.

Edited by pukka

CREATE

they need to sort it out or the next midweek game atr home could be close to nudging 3k

for a team supposedly still in with a shout of the playoffs and promotion,to play like we did again tonight just isnt good enough,you can make all the excuses under the sun,but it just isnt good enough.

for a former player like shez,whos trademark was a passing game to unlock defences,i honestly dont know why were playing hoof ball,its pathetic as you know as soon as stam or eardly get it hoof.usually into an open space because no one is there,why cant we just play it on the deck,they were bigger and stronger than us in the air all night.whats the point in punting a long ball upfield to allessandra,he isnt big enough to shield it.

how we can beat leeds and everton then play like we did tonight beggars belief.plus you have shez shouting something,then tommy wright comes hurtling down the steps arms waving shouting something else,who is actually in charge of the team???

i have seen bad times and good times at bp,but the last few weeks have been intolerable,if it was eleven blokes working on a production line the lot would get the sack due to lack of effort or commitment,whats the difference.

how the hell can you say smalley had a bad game? i cant believe this he player about 12 mins and had 2 touches really

and 1 of them was a shot. 2 many pillocks at boundary park for my likin

ffs nesby,we all know hes your bezzie mate,but you cant stop people having an opinion about him can you,if he was so bloody good like you keep telling us he is he wouldnt be playing for us would he.

according to tonights official figures i would say there was at least 3746 pillocks inside bp mascerading as fans!!! we must be to pay decent money for substandard performances.

CREATE

Erm....with Kilkenny we've been absolutely abysmal at times this season too. Not the answer. A correct team selection consisting of 2 wingers will go a long way to helping initially. But we just want to fanny around and play a leftie on the right whilst waiting for the old man to throw down his crutches and resume on the right, while leaving another potential winger sat on his bench playing with his todger......

Create indeed.....

And is it just me or are these mysterious omissions from the team starting to become a bit blindingly obvious. I almost brought it up earlier in the season about how every time it seems Shez might be about to drop a player, the player suddenly disappears and is soon after claimed as injured anyway. Marvellous recovery Jarrett made for tonight after Shez left his bottom in the air by declaring Lomax would play and then securing Livermore on another month. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Livermore makes a miraculous recovery for Saturday and Jarrett or McD is injured....

But we got our club back not long ago??? :wink:

Croeso - 8 - brave, commanding performance, great save in second half

Neaaal - 6 - again inconsistent, sooo close to bagging though

Lomax - 6 - steady game, tried to attack later on

Stammy - 7 - commanding again

Hazell - 8 - faultless tonight

Tayls - 6 - worked sox off again, always marked out though

Macca - 8 - seemed to be 3 maccas on the pitch at times

Allott - 7 - usual strong commanding performance again

Jarrett - 6 - tried to boss midfield, gave ball away too much

Jordo - 6 - caused few problems before injured, put some cracking crosses in

Lewis - 7 - ran himself into the ground, their back four too strong, should've had one of their's sent off when through

Leon - 5 - clearly unfit, caused no problems whatsoever

Smalley - 5 - did nowt really but tried

For me they were well organised, strong and had a clear game play which worked perfectly.

The ref killed the game - bottled a clear sending off - we should get a refund off the clown.

Croeso - 8 - brave, commanding performance, great save in second half

Neaaal - 6 - again inconsistent, sooo close to bagging though

Lomax - 6 - steady game, tried to attack later on

Stammy - 7 - commanding again

Hazell - 8 - faultless tonight

Tayls - 6 - worked sox off again, always marked out though

Macca - 8 - seemed to be 3 maccas on the pitch at times

Allott - 7 - usual strong commanding performance again

Jarrett - 6 - tried to boss midfield, gave ball away too much

Jordo - 6 - caused few problems before injured, put some cracking crosses in

Lewis - 7 - ran himself into the ground, their back four too strong, should've had one of their's sent off when through

Leon - 5 - clearly unfit, caused no problems whatsoever

Smalley - 5 - did nowt really but tried

For me they were well organised, strong and had a clear game play which worked perfectly.

The ref killed the game - bottled a clear sending off - we should get a refund off the clown.

Stam 7? Completely at fault for their goal, idiotic defending.

I watched a completely different game.

Crossley - 6 - Good save, but the goal - he was either a bit slow out or had no chance of getting it. Poor decision making either way.

Eardley - 3 - God awful. Absolutely God awful.

Lomax - 7 - Solid, and put the effort in coming forward later on.

Stam - 4* - all over the show for most of the game.

Hazell - 6* - Good performance but lost ball for their goal when should have hit it out.

Taylor - 4 - Stick him on the right. He might as well be using his other wand than the one that is his left foot.

MacDonald - 7 - Did okay in a position that isn't his. Allowed Eardley to get up the field and hit the ball into the stand.

Allott - 7 - Strong presence but we never really commanded the midfield.

Jarrett - 5 - Never influenced the game

Robertson - 6 - Seemed okay, but even when on the pitch Hartlepool were much better than us

Lewis - 8 - Tricky and fancy, just little for him to play with. Looked a sending off from my side

Leon - 4 - Clearly unfit. Did nothing, not even jump or run.

Smalley - 6 - Outlet on the right, but too little time to really influence.

*Under the condition that goal was ball lost by Hazell, played to the left where Eardley wasn't and lobbed over an outrushishing Crossley. Bit far away but that's how it looked from my end.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Crossley - 8 - He is playing carrying injuries and still one of our better performers most games

Eardley - 6 - not at his best

Lomax - 6 - one of his worst games for us so far i thought

Stammy - 7 - did ok, but was caught out for their goal (he played him onside) and both centre halfs made a few mistakes

Hazell - 7 - made a few mistakes last night

Tayls - 5 - no end product and made an awful challenge in the 2nd half

Macca - 7 - wasted on the right

Allott - 8 - excellent, one of few outfield players to come off with any credit last night.

Jarrett - 6 - anonymous in the first half, did a little better in the 2nd

Jordo - 7 - thought he was doing really well before he got injured

Lewis - 6 - didn't do much in the first half but did better in the 2nd half. He was ball watching a little too much last night i though

Leon - 6 - didn't really do much, hopefully it was just due to him being unfit

Smalley - 6 - didn't really do much when he came on. i prefer him through the middle than out wide

Edited by Gemma06

The club has never had as much money to spend on players/wages since Chris Moore was here. Say what you like about Shez being unlucky in Jan, the likes of Ronnie Moore/Neil Warnock (managers hated by 99% of our fans for some reason) would have had players in and would have had back up players ready and waiting in case anything happened. He brought some decent players in on loan but it came too late