Shez Masterstroke

I think Jarrett was supposed to be an attacking mid but once he had 2 he wanted a hat trick and just stayed up mor ethan it being a Shez masterstoke. Although tjhis new formation seems to work gives Taylor and Jarrett the freedom to do what they want. So there is your masterstroke

... posted this on another thread.. but when does Zebedees' loan expire??? Could put paid to this stystem very quickly... or mean Jarrett has to properly play upfront!!

Constantine fit and scoring and Leeds struggling... does his loan expire this week?? Could be a big blow to lose him....

... posted this on another thread.. but when does Zebedees' loan expire??? Could put paid to this stystem very quickly... or mean Jarrett has to properly play upfront!!

Constantine fit and scoring and Leeds struggling... does his loan expire this week?? Could be a big blow to lose him....

personally he has been a letdown during his time here. yes, he has scored two, but his general work rate, and his finishing have been nowhere. he went through again 1 on 1 with the keeper today and should have buried it but he just let the keeper take it off him. rather put a fit allessandra in there along side jarrett.

personally he has been a letdown during his time here. yes, he has scored two, but his general work rate, and his finishing have been nowhere. he went through again 1 on 1 with the keeper today and should have buried it but he just let the keeper take it off him. rather put a fit allessandra in there along side jarrett.

:shock:

You serious?

You would rather see a player of the obvious clalibre of Constantine go back to Leeds, when we could only put out a squad of 14 senior players today??

Oh my god - sometimes the expectations of our fans absolutely astound me..... rather have an untried kid and a midfielder upfront??? Come on.. lets have some realism... Constantine is guranteed goals... like Leon Clarke before him, but he misses a couple of chances and suddely he isnt good enough...

Edited by BigfinLatic

This is the endless problem with latics fans if a forward doesnt run around like wanre or carlo they are lazy and dont work. Were u watching today? Leon won several flicks held the ball well and showed for the ball all the time. he also worked hard in channels and tried to close down - he isnt quick hes not always going to get there. Hes just returned from injury and its shown at times but he was very very good today. Hes the type of forward we needed. Yes he missed one chance he scored the other one he had - no one scores all the time hes proven at this level and to loose him would be massive blow.

I can't actually believe you posted that!! Nevermind the fact that we only have about 15 fit professionals in the team and he still finding his form after a bad injury. 2 goals in four games aint bad. Alexandra is an unproven goalscorer at this level.

I can't actually believe you posted that!! Nevermind the fact that we only have about 15 fit professionals in the team and he still finding his form after a bad injury. 2 goals in four games aint bad. Alexandra is an unproven goalscorer at this level.

granted at the present time it would be madness to send him back. as you say, we dont have the strength in the squad to send him back. but would i wish to sign him for next season? no. for a big lad he doesnt win half as many headers as he should be doing, and his close control isnt what it should be either. imo there are far better prospects out there, and for what i think his wages would be there are better ways to spend our money. i would have hughes, davies and allessandra all above constantine anyday of the week. but hey, thats just my opinion. everyone is entitled to their's

He also flicked a perfect ball for smalleys shot that hit the bar leading to our first goal.

i thought it was jarrett who scored 2 goals today...and constantine got 1!!!

thing is constantine was a target pre season,we tried to get him and lost out to leeds.

not sure where he is standing regarding mcallister wanting him in his squad,but if there is a chance we could get him for a resonable amount,i think he would work very well with hughes and davies.

looks like his fitness is going up all the time.

granted at the present time it would be madness to send him back. as you say, we dont have the strength in the squad to send him back. but would i wish to sign him for next season? no. for a big lad he doesnt win half as many headers as he should be doing, and his close control isnt what it should be either. imo there are far better prospects out there, and for what i think his wages would be there are better ways to spend our money. i would have hughes, davies and allessandra all above constantine anyday of the week. but hey, thats just my opinion. everyone is entitled to their's

I'd sign him in a flash! Proven at this level simple as that. Not looked brilliant for us but in a season would bag 20 goals.

Anyone who's seen Jarrett more than twice knows he has blown hot and cold, but philliggi I have one question only - did you actually go today? That was the most dominant man of the match display I've seen from a Latics player in ages. (Edit - and that's in a team that played well across the park).

Edited by garcon

Jarret up front. Best performance from a Latics player for some time.........sign him up!

I think and it's not nice to say - Shez's masterstorke today was staying away from the side of the pitch - the players get so much slagging off and no encouragemens when he is there....great performance today and plenty of encouragement from Tommy Wright.

Edited by bluesue

Lets hope we break the bank to sing this trio of Livermore, Jarrett and constantine.

Livermore showed how good he his today by playing in midfield, the team offered so much more by having a class 'left-footed' midfielder today, unfortunately showed how ordinary Gary Mac his and probally why Macca wil not get a contract this summer.

Jarrett playing just off the front of Constantine had a fantastic game. He looked to be playing in a similar role to what Davies does, now if only Davies could track back and offer some defensive assistance more oftern.

This forward attacking play though was all started from the back. Shez / team were well aware that the Hudders front two were slow (sure I noticed Booth with a zimmer at one point) and therefore Hazel and Stam could push up as they knew if either of their strikers sneaked behind them they were not getting far. Stam had one of his best games in a Latics shirts for a long time.

This resulted in Taylor / Smalley recieving the ball in front of them allowing them to attack the oppo (Taylor had had to come back to collect the ball on far to many occasions recently. CB to FB to Taylor tracking back .... with two defenders in toe and he's getting slatted for that wtf). There as been some 'attacks' towards both these players recently on here ..... yesterday showed how important they are to the team, when one attacked one wing how many times did the other coast in behind the defence onthe opposite side.

constantine ..... great season last year scoring 20+ in a struggling side. One of only a few players brought in by Leeds in the summer, three broken bones, Leeds ddoing their usual shopping spree for other strikers on several occasions .......... are you surprised it as took him a little while to start playing ?????????? The guy is class.

One more game to go. Zeb impressed me with his interview on signing that PV fans didn't understand his game and will play where he is wanted. Chances at Leeds minimal in my opinion because they chop and change managers signing so much.

Thanks Greg! Glad someone got to my question at last!

Very true Phil... however you must see that he is getting massively better game by game, and when fully fit, will be a class player at this level.... you mention the two key things you dont like about him - Not widding headers (He is bobbins in the air - its not his game, unfortunately you have to accept this) and his Close control is bad (a symptom of not playing any football all year) ... the latter will improve, and (touch wood) I'm very excited about seeing that same team play against swindon next week...

He is still unproven for next season as you say, but wasnt asking about that... but I think if we are going to stand any chance over the next few games we have to break our backs to keep him... but as Mark says, i personnally would be very happy to see JJ (not that crap one), Livermore and Zebadee back at BP next season...

I think and it's not nice to say - Shez's masterstorke today was staying away from the side of the pitch - the players get so much slagging off and no encouragemens when he is there....great performance today and plenty of encouragement from Tommy Wright.

Gotta say the players DID seem more relaxed with TW applauding good moves and very little yelling at them.

Lets hope we break the bank to sing this trio of Livermore, Jarrett and constantine.

Livermore showed how good he his today by playing in midfield, the team offered so much more by having a class 'left-footed' midfielder today, unfortunately showed how ordinary Gary Mac his and probally why Macca wil not get a contract this summer.

Yeah, I'm warming quite a bit to Livermore. Has that decent consistancy level, quietly goes about his job like Allott and looks after the ball well opting for the simple ball to a blue shirt than ridiculous long efforts. We desperately need natural left footers in the team and given he can play in 2 or 3 positions would be an asset.

I still think Macca will get a contract. Shez adores him (usually mentions what a brilliant trainer he is every 4 games or so). What I never get is how he bangs on about consistancy all the time and Macca's one of our worst for inconsistant performances!

Well done for turning a Shez positive into a Shez negative......I expected someone to do it but I couldnt think how they might!

You should consider maybe Shez wasnt :censored: the players because they were playing very well for a change. Also consider maybe they looked comfortable due to leading from the 7th minute. Finally consider the main reason for this was the team selection, in particular Jarrets change of role.

Go on whinge Shez didnt do it sooner......

Well done for turning a Shez positive into a Shez negative......I expected someone to do it but I couldnt think how they might!

You should consider maybe Shez wasnt :censored: the players because they were playing very well for a change. Also consider maybe they looked comfortable due to leading from the 7th minute. Finally consider the main reason for this was the team selection, in particular Jarrets change of role.

thats whats great on here.....you just cant have your own opinion without someone having a go,be it good or bad or indifferent.

If you dont sit near Shez - you wont know what I am talking about - he NEVER gives them any encouragement at all during a game and has not for most of the season (and some of our younger players have needed it) - even people who have moved over to the paddock recently has said they never knew just how bad he was.

Encouragement is always necessary albeit some times they dont warrant it.....but hey if Shez is so rosy in your eyes who am I to disillusion you.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Shez other than the point I was making....would you go to work if your boss spent all his day slagging you off ?

Edited by bluesue

If you dont sit near Shez - you wont know what I am talking about - he NEVER gives them any encouragement at all during a game and has not for most of the season (and some of our younger players have needed it) - even people who have moved over to the paddock recently has said they never knew just how bad he was.

Encouragement is always necessary albeit some times they dont warrant it.....but hey if Shez is so rosy in your eyes who am I to disillusion you.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Shez other than the point I was making....would you go to work if your boss spent all his day slagging you off ?

I dont sit near Shez but to answer your question......In my current job I wouldnt but if I was a footballer then yes I would......I could certainly deal with an irate manager for 90/180 minutes a week. Infact it would probably spur me on.

Point taken that different charachters respond to different methods of motivation. That goes without saying. But you must realise that he is encouraging in training and that his touchline raging has coincided with our awful performances which upset Shez more than any of us - not only does he love this club but bad displays reflect on him and he is a proud, proud charachter. Im sure Shez would admit he can be harsh on players in the heat of the moment - but im sure the players understand that as well.

Nobody commented on Shez raging last season did they? When the lads start playing Shez will stop screaming at them, like yesterday. I cant see a problem with that, infact I comend it, just like his decision to play Jarret up front which this thread was supposed to be about.

At one point during the game, Constantine berated Eardley (I think) for lumping the ball in the air and the indicated that he wanted the ball to feet or no higher than his chest. The lad knows his strengths so we should play to them.

KEEP THE FAITH