It is surprising how injuries can effect the team. Sheridan may well have found a combination of players quite by accident who gelled together really well. The midfield looked to have a touch of bite and class with Livermore alongside Allott. Jarrett and Constantine up front looked as if they knew what they were about.

It would be a shame if Constantine went back to Leeds now just when he looks to be getting back to some kind of fitness. It was also nice to see Liddel warming up with the lads before the game.

Great display despite the appalling conditions.

Jarratt MOM closely followed by Rubes once more. The defence were dominant yet again which allowed the midfield and strikers to get forward.

Edited by happyterryb

Best individual performance of the season. Ran the show. Shame he missed the penalty for his hattrick.

SUPER SUPER FRANK........- I cant believe Sinclair was as shockingly bad as he was. Especially given he was the best player on the pitch.

Funny when he did the money gesture to the paddock and followed it up with some comical mistakes.

I'm going to be a little controversial here but I believe that your penalty taker should take your penalties. It is not as though Jason knew much about the first goal of his pair. Smalleys shot deserved to take the credit for that one.

I'll give him his second... that one was almost Ronaldo'ish.

Eard's takes our penalties and should have taken that one. It won't be critical come the end of the season but you should stick to your game plan....

I thought he was just incredibly frustrated not to have got a hat trick. looking at his career stats, he'll never have a better chance...

Sheridan did shout to Tommy to tell Jarratt to "CALM DOWN" at one point during the second half. For once some good advice coming from the touch line. The lad was getting a bit excited.....

Sheridan did shout to Tommy to tell Jarratt to "CALM DOWN" at one point during the second half. For once some good advice coming from the touch line. The lad was getting a bit excited.....

Are you saying Tommy does the shouting now because the players won't listen to Shez? :wink:

Are you saying Tommy does the shouting now because the players won't listen to Shez? :wink:

It was comical at times listening to Shez telling Tommy to pass on a message. They ranged from telling Taylor he was 'sloppy' (I think he knew) and Norm to 'kick it quicker' even before he had the ball in his hands. Tommy was also selective with what he passed on. A great performance by the team, from Croslleys kicking which I thought was exceptional and the workrate by the youngsters. Eardley was excellent, some of his crossing yesterday was great. Jarret did get a bit over anxious after his penalty miss and made a few lunges in order to make amends, he did need to calm down.

I'm going to be a little controversial here but I believe that your penalty taker should take your penalties. It is not as though Jason knew much about the first goal of his pair. Smalleys shot deserved to take the credit for that one.

I'll give him his second... that one was almost Ronaldo'ish.

Eard's takes our penalties and should have taken that one. It won't be critical come the end of the season but you should stick to your game plan....

Nothing wrong with Jarret taking the pen.....I would have been annoyed at Eardley had he not allowed it! It was a golden opportunity for Jarret to top off what was the best performance from a Latics player in a long long time. We were 4-0 up and there was nothing to lose......and besides Eardley isnt our pen taker he's about the 5th stand in!

Nothing wrong with Jarret taking the pen.....I would have been annoyed at Eardley had he not allowed it! It was a golden opportunity for Jarret to top off what was the best performance from a Latics player in a long long time. We were 4-0 up and there was nothing to lose......and besides Eardley isnt our pen taker he's about the 5th stand in!

Eardley pretty much insisted JJ took it, which was nice to see. At 4-0 it would be criminal to deny someone the chance of a hat trick - even if his first was an OG and the penalty decision was unbelievably cruel on the Udders.

HOWEVER: Missed an open goal and a penalty but still got MOM - not often you see that :grin:

Yeah, JJ got too excited indeed....so much so, he was offside nearly every attack we had after that pen miss. Lol. Now here's a question.....someone in the last year or so was in the same situation (might've been Porter) whereby they were on 2 goals and we got a pen.....but I think Lids took it instead. I think the game was still in the balance at the time so that's why he took it.....can anyone remember the game and who it was? Struggling on this one....

EDIT: Found it....I knew my mind wasn't playing tricks on me....thank the lord for Soccerbase! :grin:

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=498448

Edited by boundaryblue80