I know full well that I couldn't please everyone, and took my fair share of abuse from those who didn't like me. I was well paid and in reasonable demand though so it was water off a duck's back. I also appreciate what Franny does for the club, and that unlike me, he is doing it for the love of the club - not money.

Having listened to almost all the PA's in the football leagues, unfortunately I think Franny is a long way short of many of them - I particularly admired the professionalism of West Ham's PA, and also Southampton's.

I have been to functions where Franny has DJ'd and been impressed with his music and control of the punters, but he honestly needs to leave out the in-jokes and the constant use of the word 'actually' when he's at BP, because there are a large group of people who I sit amongst who find it laughable.

The original 'scary' owl that we had was poor when compared to the others at the time but we've seen a (Slight :wink: ) improvement there - So there is always hope for our PA. Maybe Franny just needs a few pointers from the others.

I've certainly no qualms with him having a dig at ex players - A bit of fun is what he's there for.

You're spot on about opinions though - I really liked Graeme Sharp (The player, not manager), but it seems he is the AntiChrist with most on this board.

Didn't really want to comment on this one having worked with (like Chaddy) Franny previously and also knowing Innes and Tippy, but some of the comments made seemed to have been made without any knowledge of what actually goes on running the pa and exactly what equipment you are using. Whether you're a fan of Frannys or not, you could have Chris Evans or Chris Moyles up there and the crap that you have to use and the restrictions that are placed on you in terms of sound/music to play etc would at times make them look like fools. As for taking abuse whilst working as a dj - there is a big difference to cater for 200-1000 revellers at a wedding or disco and 4-9'000 football fans of all ages.

So as for professionalism and pointers from others, as Chaddy says - maybe go and give 5 hours of your saturday afternoon up to help him - i'm sure he'd appreciate it.

As for the good bad and ugly - come on get a grip guys - sense of humour. :D

Edited by futchers briefs

Nowt wrong with Franny. I can imagine these fans of ours stood there at H/T actually moaning about this joke. Be my guest, get yer coat on, get on the pitch in the cold, wet and windy weather and put on a good show.

There's a thing - you never see other PA's stood out when it's throwing down at H/T. Come to think of it, you rarely see other teams' PA's, all you hear is their voices...

Who's the guy who reads the HT scores - he's shockin... can't hear him properly AND he can't read properly either - change please!

Too right if we don't get James Alexander Gordon in to do the half-time and full-time scores next game then I won't be renewing my season ticket next season!

Could have complained about the pies, the stewards, the goalkeeper, the ref, linesmen, the numpties on this board, the weather, the half time score reader, the chlamydia stall, the music played, Shez not liking Jarrett, ITV, Constantine, The Sunday papers or any of the dozen other things that people have complained about in the last 24 hours, but that's all been discussed so I thought I'd go for something new. Tomorrow "The Groundsman's Wellies Are Too Dirty" :lipsrsealed2:

If you don’t like them, try spending every last possible second before the match filling yourself with beer, and all of half-time queuing for/attempting to force down a bottle of rank lager. Problem solved!

Now you'll get me started on how crap the beer is at BP! :D

I know Franny can come up with cheesey jokes, but really is it that important? If you don't like him don't have to listen to him. Could be worse, you could have that really dull sounding guy at Anfield or that guy from the Revolution we had a few years ago when we were 5-0 down at half time to Cardiff