Couldn't believe Franny the Gob:censored:e at half time, describing Tippy, Rickers and Innes as the good, the bad and the ugly. I would have given £100 of my hard-earned to see Tippy go in with a waisy-high tackle on the 70s throwback wnaker.

question is, which is which?

Guest oa_exile
Couldn't believe Franny the Gob:censored:e at half time, describing Tippy, Rickers and Innes as the good, the bad and the ugly. I would have given £100 of my hard-earned to see Tippy go in with a waisy-high tackle on the 70s throwback wnaker.

Should have invited Palmer, Boshell and Dowie then he would have been closer to the truth :)

Why were Tippy , Rickers & Innes at BP today ?

oooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!! GET YOU!

Tippy would have missed him, the useless, ugly, lump of lard!

If anyone at the club should be shown the door it's Franny Ward. The man makes me cringe with embarassment. He can't manage a sentence without the word 'Actually' in it, and has his little clique of fawning pals that he always has to make reference to.

I used to think Chris Britten was a bad PA man but Franny has got to go - he's the pits.

If anyone at the club should be shown the door it's Franny Ward. The man makes me cringe with embarassment. He can't manage a sentence without the word 'Actually' in it, and has his little clique of fawning pals that he always has to make reference to.

I used to think Chris Britten was a bad PA man but Franny has got to go - he's the pits.

Been saying it for ages. Stick him in the owl suit at least.

Typical fans eh? Pass judgment on someone you dont know anything about. Franny is a top guy and does a great job at BP, he also does stuff that he doesnt have to, but he does it out of his love for the club. Im not going to sit here and listen to bad stuff being said about him. Lets see any of you lot go and do what he does.........Any takers?

Typical fans eh? Pass judgment on someone you dont know anything about. Franny is a top guy and does a great job at BP, he also does stuff that he doesnt have to, but he does it out of his love for the club. Im not going to sit here and listen to bad stuff being said about him. Lets see any of you lot go and do what he does.........Any takers?

Whether Franny is your mate or not, his comments were disrespectful to three former players.

Whether Franny is your mate or not, his comments were disrespectful to three former players.

I was at one of his pub quizzes and he made an awful homophobic comment about the late heath ledger 2 weeks after he had died!!

Never had a problem with franny but after that comment i feel different.

I heard loads of people make homophobic comments about a hudds fan in a pink sweater on saturday. Didn't see anyone complain about it though. Franny's comment about Rickers et al is for them to complain about, not anyone else, and I doubt they were upset about it, so why are others getting all outraged by it?

One thing people have to bear in mind is that what slurms will want from a PA might not be what I would want, nor what an old duffer would want, nor what the under 14s would want, or what the 15-25s would want. Anyway a lot of people are more concerned with getting a pie and a drink.

I'd like to hear The Jam, Pulp, Clash, Wah!, etc etc but I doubt many others would be happy with MY playlist, just as I would probably hate other peoples, however I actually go to BP for the FOOTBALL.

For my money the PA is there to entertain the kids who turn up. It's not an eighties indie club, it's a football club.

This is much like the pie/food debate - some want pies, some burgers, some hot dogs, some want curries, others wanted "wraps" (!) etc etc, but you can't cater in that way. Sometimes in situations like this, your demographic is not the target one.

I agree how many of you lot have volunteered to turn up at my door in the middle of winter to collect a couple of quid for the latics lottery.

Also some people on here have a humour by pass his comment on the Good the Bad and the Ugly was a harmless joke and was taken in good part by all.

Some people really do need to get a sense of humour, it was a joke which the people referred to were obviously alright with as they were laughing about it themselves.

Franny is a genuine Latics fan who gives up his own time for the love of the club and believe me the club could do a hell of a lot worse for a PA man.

I heard loads of people make homophobic comments about a hudds fan in a pink sweater on saturday. Didn't see anyone complain about it though. Franny's comment about Rickers et al is for them to complain about, not anyone else, and I doubt they were upset about it, so why are others getting all outraged by it?

One thing people have to bear in mind is that what slurms will want from a PA might not be what I would want, nor what an old duffer would want, nor what the under 14s would want, or what the 15-25s would want. Anyway a lot of people are more concerned with getting a pie and a drink.

I'd like to hear The Jam, Pulp, Clash, Wah!, etc etc but I doubt many others would be happy with MY playlist, just as I would probably hate other peoples, however I actually go to BP for the FOOTBALL.

For my money the PA is there to entertain the kids who turn up. It's not an eighties indie club, it's a football club.

This is much like the pie/food debate - some want pies, some burgers, some hot dogs, some want curries, others wanted "wraps" (!) etc etc, but you can't cater in that way. Sometimes in situations like this, your demographic is not the target one.

Absobloodylutely!

Although the playlist should really be changed, classic should be played not turgid modern :censored:.

Not passing judgement on him as a person - just his lack of talent. I had 17 years as a DJ and MC in places like Rotters, The Manchester Club (And most of Oldham's fleapits) so I recognise cringeworthy material.

Just my opinion of course - but I guarantee a few share it.

Franny is good funand a great Latics insitution.

The way people come on and lob personal abuse at him is , I'm afraid, typical of much of what is wrong about some Latics fans. Vitriol, at players , club workers, volunteers , seems to be the default position for many of them.

Edited by LaticsPete

So in all your time as a DJ did you make the realisation that you may not of been everybody's cup of tea, or were you aware that everyone has there own opnion? Opinions are like A*se holes, everybody has one, they all stink.

All im saying is that maybe he makes you cringe, but im happy with the job he does (Which he doesnt get paid for) and i appreciate all the unseen things he does for the club as well which most dont know about.

So in all your time as a DJ did you make the realisation that you may not of been everybody's cup of tea, or were you aware that everyone has there own opnion? Opinions are like A*se holes, everybody has one, they all stink.

All im saying is that maybe he makes you cringe, but im happy with the job he does (Which he doesnt get paid for) and i appreciate all the unseen things he does for the club as well which most dont know about.

I know full well that I couldn't please everyone, and took my fair share of abuse from those who didn't like me. I was well paid and in reasonable demand though so it was water off a duck's back. I also appreciate what Franny does for the club, and that unlike me, he is doing it for the love of the club - not money.

Having listened to almost all the PA's in the football leagues, unfortunately I think Franny is a long way short of many of them - I particularly admired the professionalism of West Ham's PA, and also Southampton's.

I have been to functions where Franny has DJ'd and been impressed with his music and control of the punters, but he honestly needs to leave out the in-jokes and the constant use of the word 'actually' when he's at BP, because there are a large group of people who I sit amongst who find it laughable.

The original 'scary' owl that we had was poor when compared to the others at the time but we've seen a (Slight :wink: ) improvement there - So there is always hope for our PA. Maybe Franny just needs a few pointers from the others.

I've certainly no qualms with him having a dig at ex players - A bit of fun is what he's there for.

You're spot on about opinions though - I really liked Graeme Sharp (The player, not manager), but it seems he is the AntiChrist with most on this board.

Edited by outoftheblue