Gates, Finances, losses and Cup Money

A few days ago I saw a comment that shez "must have" a £400k budget available to spend in the summer. But then I've had a look at some figures:-

For league games we are currently 20,000 fans below last season after the same number of home games. I'd reckon we had more ST holders this season than last after making the play offs, so it's fairly safe to assess those 20,000 at £18 a piece. Totalling £360,000 in lost gate money. Add another 2500 fans to the list 'cos we got 13.5k between the last 2 games, and we'll be lucky to get 11k this year, so another £45k lost.

Ok, we got the cup money - bugger all from crewe/donny games, maybe £250k from everton, maybe £70k from hudds. Last season we had Wolves in the cup and the play off games.

Ultimately it leaves the Trotman money as plugging the hole in the gate receipts, and leaves nowt for a transfer kitty unless either TTA put their hands in their pockets or the fans take up season tickets without expecting huge discounts.

I think the days of expecting football clubs breaking even are over. To be fair to TTA they've made unexpected gains from the likes of Scott Spencer, Philipskirk's son, Trotman, a couple of good cup runs, and we as supporters have ended up with :censored: all out of these. I woudlike to TTA give something back and cut prices significantly.

I think the days of expecting football clubs breaking even are over. To be fair to TTA they've made unexpected gains from the likes of Scott Spencer, Philipskirk's son, Trotman, a couple of good cup runs, and we as supporters have ended up with :censored: all out of these. I woudlike to TTA give something back and cut prices significantly.

Slurms,

You post made me mad with rage.

Give something back, that implies all they have done is take take take.

Before I go right into one, can you clarify what you meant? You seem to think that the TTA have taken out more than they have put in? Or have I misunderstood you?

It cannot be out of this seasons money, as REal has said there is not much. What about previous seasons?

Are you ignoring the £8 millions for the ground?

Edited by singe

Give something back ???????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????? :angry:

Give something back!

You mean like building us a new stadium.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Give something back!

You mean like building us a new stadium.

the stadium with pay for itself and not out of there pockets.

i think what he is trying to say is that,maybe a discount on season tickets would be seen as a good gesture by the owners,but hes going about it the wrong way by getting peoples backs up

From time to time I repeat the email I received from Alan Hardy, in respose to my query about TTA and their profit element, during our campaign in support of the Planning Applications. I feel that the time is right for another repeat.

So far it has cost the owners about £11m to keep the club going and to buy back the land.

Obviously they would like to get some of that back if there was anything left over when we had finished redeveloping the stadium, but the stadium would be the priority.

At present it looks like the revenue form the sale of the residential land would only cover the cost of the redevelopment so it is unlikely that there will be anything left for them to take a 'profit'.

Alan

From time to time I repeat the email I received from Alan Hardy, in respose to my query about TTA and their profit element, during our campaign in support of the Planning Applications. I feel that the time is right for another repeat.

So far it has cost the owners about £11m to keep the club going and to buy back the land.

Obviously they would like to get some of that back if there was anything left over when we had finished redeveloping the stadium, but the stadium would be the priority.

At present it looks like the revenue form the sale of the residential land would only cover the cost of the redevelopment so it is unlikely that there will be anything left for them to take a 'profit'.

Alan

good time to repost it diego......and you of all people should have a better idea than most of us.....

but i guess you just cant please everybody,such is human nature.....no doubt someone will come on and say yes thats all well and good,but they can put anything down on a piece of paper cant they,lol

the stadium with pay for itself and not out of there pockets.

i think what he is trying to say is that,maybe a discount on season tickets would be seen as a good gesture by the owners,but hes going about it the wrong way by getting peoples backs up

Yes but we are going to be the ones sat in the new stadium able to use its new facilities, Plus the club would lose out on money doubt its going to happen. Their has been alot of ordianary performances this season no doubt but Knowone guaranteed us success this season we aimed high and maybe we have fallen short knowone ever said is was going to be easy. I don't remember anyone predicting at the start of the season that we were going to have a teams worth of players out injured going into the final quarter of the season.

Its a two way thing if we put our hands in our pockets and buy season tickets next season TTA will help us bring in new players which will give us a better chance of promotion. I'm not going to tell people what to do with their own money thats their choice in life. However If you are a season ticket holder and are not going to renew and just pick and choose your games then their don't expect those games you do pick and choose to go to be any better than what has been seen this season. Plus if you do buy a season ticket you will still efectively be able to pick and choose which ones you go to as you get a percentage of those games free.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Guest oa_exile
I think the days of expecting football clubs breaking even are over.

Think you will find that you could count on one hand the number of times the club has made a profit in a season over the last 50+ years.

The Club has always relied on transfer dealings to keep the wolves from the door and balance the books.

I guess it comes down to a choice for the fans. do we want a discount on season tickets (isn't about £14 a game for any area and £2 for kids fairly cheap?) or do we want a decent team. We can't have our cake and eat it.

Yes but we are going to be the ones sat in the new stadium able to use its new facilities, Plus the club would lose out on money doubt its going to happen. Their has been alot of ordianary performances this season no doubt but Knowone guaranteed us success this season we aimed high and maybe we have fallen short knowone ever said is was going to be easy. I don't remember anyone predicting at the start of the season that we were going to have a teams worth of players out injured going into the final quarter of the season.

Its a two way thing if we put our hands in our pockets and buy season tickets next season TTA will help us bring in new players which will give us a better chance of promotion. I'm not going to tell people what to do with their own money thats their choice in life. However If you are a season ticket holder and are not going to renew and just pick and choose your games then their don't expect those games you do pick and choose to go to be any better than what has been seen this season. Plus if you do buy a season ticket you will still efectively be able to pick and choose which ones you go to as you get a percentage of those games free.

nobody can ever guarentee promotion,otherwise there would be a lot of dodgy betting going on,and investigations left right and centre.

but cast your mind back to the beginning of the season,and the owners and management came out and said our number one aim this season is promotion.

now i know this is just the same as every other club states pre season,but that was the stall set out.

at the end of the day people will decide for themself if there going to give it nother season or not,most people will have already made there minds up due to our spasmodic performances this season.

you cant have a go at them,because thats there privelage to do so.

I guess it comes down to a choice for the fans. do we want a discount on season tickets (isn't about £14 a game for any area and £2 for kids fairly cheap?) or do we want a decent team. We can't have our cake and eat it.

thats true in one respect.

but you could also say that season tickets could be down because of the owners failing to invest.

at the end of the day its a buisness,and you have to make your buisness more attractive than the others that are out there competing for support.there is a certain element of truth in the saying you need to speculate to accumilate.......and no im not suggesting we go and do another moore and throw money around willy nilly......

but from a fans perspective the buisness has to put a decent product out on the pitch otherwise there is no incentive for people to buy a ticket and come and watch.if you fasil to invest and just carry on plodding along with the same old situation year after year you will slowly lose your following.......its a catch 22 situation,get it right and people stick with it and move forward,get it wrong and it dies a death slowly.

Edited by edhunteruk