todays paper talk

according to the sunday people chris taylor will be sold to donnie for 300k if they are promoted and neal eardley is being chased by coventry and brighton.

Have Donny given up chasing our targets and are now onto poaching from our first XI?

I'd love to see Wellens return. And I don't think it's beyond all bounds of possibility.

Yeah I would. Him and Allott in the middle is my dream pairing - they'd slaughter this division. I really don't know if he'd come back though; has to weigh up the 'big fish in a small pond' here or vice-versa as Donny are "doing a Scunthorpe" in the Championship next season.

If we get as I said £800k or thereabouts for Taylor and Eardley then we'd be in the hunt I reckon.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Yeah I would. Him and Allott in the middle is my dream pairing - they'd slaughter this division. I really don't know if he'd come back though; has to weigh up the 'big fish in a small pond' here or vice-versa as Donny are "doing a Scunthorpe" in the Championship next season.

If we get as I said £800k or thereabouts for Taylor and Eardley then we'd be in the hunt I reckon.

no we wouldnt the money will go in the owners pocket and we wont see it

ITS ALL PAPER TALK THEY GET PAID TO CHAT :censored:!!!!!!

I ignore the paper talk. I tend to take more notice of (some of) the little snippets you hear from behind the scenes.

Despite the Billy Big Balls words, Wellens actually enjoyed it at Oldham and has let it be known he might not say no. Of course that changes if he keeps his first team place at Donny - especially if they go up.

I'd take Wellens back over Taylor any day of the week. Wellens was by far our most important player over the last few seasons and we missed him more than anyone else when he was out injured/banned/whatever.

If I remember correctly Wellens only missed 2 games in his 2 seasons......1 for 5 yellow cards and 1 when he was rested for a JPT tie. Id love him back - the best player we had in years.

dannyoafc, welcome to the board im sure you will fit in great.

according to the sunday people chris taylor will be sold to donnie for 300k if they are promoted and neal eardley is being chased by coventry and brighton.

heard last monday that oldham turned down coventrys bid for both taylor and eardley,thats from someone who is in the know.

Guest oa_exile
heard last monday that oldham turned down coventrys bid for both taylor and eardley,thats from someone who is in the know.

Thought Coventry were Skint ? not that long ago (pre Christmas) they nearly went into Admin.

I would be very disapointed if we sold our 2 prize assets to anyone for less than half a mill each absoulte minimum. I would also feel unseasy if the monies from any sale went into a black hole, like the Trotman money or the cup run cash.

How the bleeting hell do you know this money is in a black hole...?? Yet again another brilliant example of 2+2=5 amongst latics fans... lets wait until the close season eh? ... Its an old arguement but yet again its bemusing how people choose to look at the desperate side of the coin...

And as for all this 'people in the know' spout... Coventry and Brighton??? A team just out of administration and a small team that play in a park? We dont need to sell either, and niether of those collosal football superpowers will be able to pay anything like the market value of our players....

... and as for your comments Danny... well, thanks for that mate... next time someone gives you £11m I hope you are equally as ungateful...

If I remember correctly Wellens only missed 2 games in his 2 seasons......1 for 5 yellow cards and 1 when he was rested for a JPT tie. Id love him back - the best player we had in years.

dannyoafc, welcome to the board im sure you will fit in great.

Didn't he miss a game when he got sent off against Tranmoore last season?

I'd like us to keep Eardley, but 300k for Taylor would be hard to say "no" too.

Didn't he miss a game when he got sent off against Tranmoore last season?

I'd like us to keep Eardley, but 300k for Taylor would be hard to say "no" too.

There is a view that that last minute sending off when we were winning 1-0 cost us promotion.

na cant be mr shankly donny finish third we finish sixth knock them out before beating southend in the final we in the championship and donny doomed for another season in the coca cola league 1 - LOL :grin: