sheridan IS THE MAN

MY MIDDLE FINGER!!!!!!!

he will take us forward ktf come on shez another win down there will be brill.....

Calm down - Huddersfield were very very poor. Vale would have hammered them too.

But yes we played well but that result dont make it rosy again.

MY MIDDLE FINGER!!!!!!!

he will take us forward ktf come on shez another win down there will be brill.....

Easy tiger.

Udders were gash beyond belief. We were much better on Satdy, without doubt, but to proclaim Shez as the saviour of universe is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay previous. He's a young manager, learning his trade, and he may be very good. But he also may be decidedly average and the jury is still out in my view.

Edited by tactically_naive

Easy tiger.

Udders were gash beyond belief. We were much better on Satdy, without doubt, but to proclaim Shez as the saviour of universe is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay previous. He's a young manager, learning his trade, and he may be very good. But he also may be decidedly average and the jury is still out in my view.

You aren't alone in that view.

In the last poll, around 20% wanted "Shez out" there and then although many of those not wanting him sacked recognised that he must learn from his mistakes and improve things by around Christmas time 2008 - or go then.

While there are are notable exceptions at either end of the scale, most seem realistic but of course there is the usual knee-jerk reaction after every game. Win and we are going up and lose/ draw and we are relegation fodder.

Inconsistency is what has kept us out of the play-offs this Season so far but wouldn't it be great if we now came home with a wet sail and got promoted! Typical Latics? :unsure:

Personally, I think he's coped fantastically well this season. He's had a squad decimated by injuries, 5-6 players with no major experience, and few leaders on the field. Now what on earth do these fans want from him? Why would you see him leave the club? What reason - I'd love to hear 'em.

In Shez, we've got a man who wants to play football - he says it all the time "nice and simple". We'd be a fool to get rid of him on the basis that we don't play quality football. The young lads are prone to hoofing it up field because they don't have the experience. These players are looking more and more confident, and they'll show it next season. Secondly, he lead us to the top of this division with yet another small squad last season, and that was in his debut season as a full-time manager.

If a manager can't express themselves fully due to injuries/lack of experience (let's not forget that this side, in my opinion, has a future because of its tender age), then how on earth people can draw conclusions is beyond me. We've seen how he wants to play this season - we saw it last season in longer periods - so can people just start looking at the variables affecting us this season, and be a little more patient, please?

Evidently not...

Personally, I think he's coped fantastically well this season. He's had a squad decimated by injuries, 5-6 players with no major experience, and few leaders on the field. Now what on earth do these fans want from him? Why would you see him leave the club? What reason - I'd love to hear 'em.

In Shez, we've got a man who wants to play football - he says it all the time "nice and simple". We'd be a fool to get rid of him on the basis that we don't play quality football. The young lads are prone to hoofing it up field because they don't have the experience. These players are looking more and more confident, and they'll show it next season. Secondly, he lead us to the top of this division with yet another small squad last season, and that was in his debut season as a full-time manager.

If a manager can't express themselves fully due to injuries/lack of experience (let's not forget that this side, in my opinion, has a future because of its tender age), then how on earth people can draw conclusions is beyond me. We've seen how he wants to play this season - we saw it last season in longer periods - so can people just start looking at the variables affecting us this season, and be a little more patient, please?

Evidently not...

The Pedant in me wants to explain that decimating only reduces by one tenth..... but I understand what you mean.

Agree with a lot of what you're saying but I won't be convinced until I see that he's learned from his mistakes by Christmas - only then will he have my full backing.

At the end of the day we are now struggling to find a squad of 15 so to be in the position were are in is fantastic.

Imagine if we still had Hughes Davies Greegs Lids fit?

Huge difference.

I wouldnt see the point on sacking him so again we get another manager in who needs a year to settle... cacht 22

With a fully fit squad and a few more players we will do well next year.

Rome wasnt built in a day,

The Pedant in me wants to explain that decimating only reduces by one tenth.....

I agree. It's always good to find a fellow pedant. (See you at Asda to protest against the "Less than 10 items" sign?)

So, what should it be then? Quartered (without the hanging and drawing)? Trigintated (yes, I did Latin at Chaddy Grammar)?

:cardinal:

Oh , ut puteulanus vado escensio

I agree. It's always good to find a fellow pedant. (See you at Asda to protest against the "Less than 10 items" sign?)

So, what should it be then? Quartered (without the hanging and drawing)? Trigintated (yes, I did Latin at Chaddy Grammar)?

:cardinal:

Oh , ut puteulanus vado escensio

I reckon 'Halved' would suffice, but I'm reluctant to quote this just in case there are UberPedants (Higher beings than myself I must add) who may point out a verb that correctly describes to the fraction the reduction of our squad.

They're out there you know - just waiting to jump on the mistakes of us smartarses :grin:

MY MIDDLE FINGER!!!!!!!

Typical mong reaction. Good performance, agaist a poor side in a nothing game. Take your tinted glasses off. My question would be, Why cant we start with that tempo every week? that is my main gripe..... We have blown a great chance this season, even with the injury crisis

Give a guy a break. He's been in nearly two seasons. He's inexperienced and has done well with all of our injury problems. He's given the youth a chance like Deano and Lewis which is more than Moore did. We're in with a shout at playoffs, with all of our team fit just think what he could do. With a few additions we could be in the championship next season.

Give a guy a break. He's been in nearly two seasons. He's inexperienced and has done well with all of our injury problems. He's given the youth a chance like Deano and Lewis which is more than Moore did. We're in with a shout at playoffs, with all of our team fit just think what he could do. With a few additions we could be in the championship next season.

Do you honestly think we will hit the top six!!!

At the end of the day we are now struggling to find a squad of 15 so to be in the position were are in is fantastic.

Imagine if we still had Hughes Davies Greegs Lids fit?

Huge difference.

I wouldnt see the point on sacking him so again we get another manager in who needs a year to settle... cacht 22

With a fully fit squad and a few more players we will do well next year.

Rome wasnt built in a day,

Youv'e aged alot in the last few days Razza :lol:

Edited by SAV

Typical mong reaction. Good performance, agaist a poor side in a nothing game. Take your tinted glasses off. My question would be, Why cant we start with that tempo every week? that is my main gripe..... We have blown a great chance this season, even with the injury crisis

TYPICAL MONG REACTION.... bet your well hard you saying stuff like that through a computer...

we have blown a great chance... no we ant we still in with a shout... the only reason why we are here is because of the injurys

oooooooo johnny johnny

quote name='kellysheroes' date='Apr 1 2008, 06:33 AM' post='117806']

TYPICAL MONG REACTION.... bet your well hard you saying stuff like that through a computer...

we have blown a great chance... no we ant we still in with a shout... the only reason why we are here is because of the injurys

oooooooo johnny johnny

Yes I am also a mong that believes Satdi was brilliant and Shezza is the man to take us forward - now where's that window?

Name a side who's been promoted with 14 players.

Name a side who's been promoted with 14 players.

Liverpool won The League using only 14 players (including Subs) back in the eighties. B)

Seriously, I think most understand the benefit of having a settled side - something that Sheridan has not been able to call upon this Season. Additionally, the long term injuries have been the experienced important players like Gregan; Davies; Hughes; Liddell; Pogs/ Crossley etc. Add on other absences to the likes of Allott; Kalala; Thompson; Livermore; McDonald; Alessandra etc and you have a major problem.

Sheridan has made mistakes in my opinion but he's had a very rough deal with regard to injuries.