Why women shouldnt do match reports

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1284100,00.html

It could be mistaken to have been put in the local junior teams section from the Chronicle. (Im sure not all ladies are like this, I apologise to the few amongst you who arent)

Deary me that was poorly written.

On a youth related note...three u15s playing for the u18s because of injuries?! Jeez.

Perhaps you should have titled your post "why SOME women" - I have doctors where I work coming in, asking me football questions, facts and trivia, AND I understand the offside rule.

(Only joking mate :) I get your point.

That puts you one up on most referees/managers....

That's nothing compared to the girl on MOTD that they're "bringing through" at present. Seriously, every time I hear her it makes me think of a Soccer AM sketch from a few years ago. I've no problem with women coming through and commentating, but I have when they sound like she does....sounds completely over-excited and is awful to listen to. Hope the next woman coming through is much better at it.

Perhaps you should have titled your post "why SOME women" - I have doctors where I work coming in, asking me football questions, facts and trivia, AND I understand the offside rule.

(Only joking mate :) I get your point.

But are these male doctors? If so is football a big game where they come from? I asked a girl at uni (when i found out she had played for England at youth level) if she could explain to me the offside rule and she was wrong despite being a 'sweeper' (but it was the best effort i heard from a woman). I've recently watched some football on Italian TV (i was in Malta and they can get Italian Tv there) and they've got a female summariser (who didn't strike me as being an ex footballer- I think she was a journo). My Italian isn't good enough to understand what the conversation was about but it appeared she was making some sense. In this country I think Helen Chamberlain would be the best lower league pundit if she was ever used in that capacity as she actually follows it as opposed to pretending to follow it and Gabby Logan is better than Linekar IMHO at presenting.

I get the impression from the article that the person writing it doesn't really follow football or did badly on their English GCSE (if they've sat it) or both.

I've recently watched some football on Italian TV (i was in Malta and they can get Italian Tv there) and they've got a female summariser (who didn't strike me as being an ex footballer- I think she was a journo). My Italian isn't good enough to understand what the conversation was about but it appeared she was making some sense. In this country I think Helen Chamberlain would be the best lower league pundit if she was ever used in that capacity as she actually follows it as opposed to pretending to follow it and Gabby Logan is better than Linekar IMHO at presenting.

I get the impression from the article that the person writing it doesn't really follow football or did badly on their English GCSE (if they've sat it) or both.

That Italian girl, I'm fairly certain is hot property over there. Might be wrong, but I thought I heard somewhere she got in trouble too for a fling with a footballer. Speaking of which, how dare you forget Clare Tomlinson :wink: She's been around a footballer or two apparently. Totally agree about Logan also.....a fine presenter. And Hells Bells too...none though able to do the actual commentating. Know their :censored: though! :grin:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...s/article334400

Edited by boundaryblue80

Tanya Blakey is the Youth Development Administrator. Who does a hell of a lot for the club. So I'm sure she'd apologise that she couldn't find the time to do a match report you lads would be really proud of

I should think so too! paparatzi scum

That Italian girl, I'm fairly certain is hot property over there. Might be wrong, but I thought I heard somewhere she got in trouble too for a fling with a footballer. Speaking of which, how dare you forget Clare Tomlinson :wink: She's been around a footballer or two apparently. Totally agree about Logan also.....a fine presenter. And Hells Bells too...none though able to do the actual commentating. Know their :censored: though! :grin:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...s/article334400

Alas that wasn't the female in question, if it had been I wouldn't have changed channel so quickly. The one i saw was a little bit older and less attractive. Fair play to the lady who did the original report though as it sounds like she did it as no-one else could and although it wasn't great at least she had a go especially as she sounds like a busy person.

That's nothing compared to the girl on MOTD that they're "bringing through" at present. Seriously, every time I hear her it makes me think of a Soccer AM sketch from a few years ago. I've no problem with women coming through and commentating, but I have when they sound like she does....sounds completely over-excited and is awful to listen to. Hope the next woman coming through is much better at it.

I agree, I have to turn it off when she commentates. her voice just grates!!