Wolfenden

Wolfy is a good squad player - full of heart and tries his best but tbh he aint got the technical skill, speed, height, bulk or nous to really worry any defenders at our level. Sure - he will score a goal or two - but what striker wouldnt given the chances that come every strikers way in the box ?. If we saw teams at BP with strikers like Wolfy our own defenders eg Greegs, Stam, Ruben etc would be lickin their lips every week !. Wish the lad well but due to his physique etc he aint ever gonna cut it or make a name for himself in League 1. If the Dale dont go up then maybe he could ply his trade theire for a couple of seasons. Nice geeza, but not quite up to the mark IMHO.

but reading that you sound like you could be describing allessandra and smalley aswell, after a few games what were they like? I think loan him out to a league 2 side will do him good, within time he will get there,

hes only young, 1st season and plenty of time to learn.

Strangely he seemed to do well with his back to goal but not when he got into dangerous positions. I thought he was meant to be the other wasy round!

I was thinking that. Quite a few times he brought it ball down very well with one of their big ogres leaning over him, but when he had the opportunity to run at them they seemed to find it all too easy to just move over a bit and block him off. That is where he should be looking to get his goals from but he seemed completely ineffective at just running past people. Maybe he is so ickle that he will struggle to win penalties, as the ref will figure that it doesn’t take a lot to knock him over.

I was thinking that. Quite a few times he brought it ball down very well with one of their big ogres leaning over him, but when he had the opportunity to run at them they seemed to find it all too easy to just move over a bit and block him off. That is where he should be looking to get his goals from but he seemed completely ineffective at just running past people. Maybe he is so ickle that he will struggle to win penalties, as the ref will figure that it doesn’t take a lot to knock him over.

youve just explained the whole latics squad for the past 8 seasons, when it looks impossible we deliver, when its easy we miss lol

If Wolfenden is here next season then good, in my opinion. I think he has the ability, and the attributes, to make it at our level. If he'd been given more pitch time so far in his career then who knows how many he could have scored.

I would, however, like to see him shipped out to a League Two side next season, like someone has said earlier, until maybe January 1st. If by that stage either he has impressed us enough to bring him back and give him a go, so be it. If he hasn't impressed the Oldham staff enough, then someone else will have taken a liking to him; I'm sure of that.

I never like it when players we've brought through from a young age are moved on. Shame to see them go, really.

Keep the Faith

I agree totally, he needs to play regular football at a lower level to get into the goalscoring nack in professional football. Hes scored plenty in the ressies but has had few proper chances to establish himself in the firsts, sub appearances are good for a bit of match practice but a regular starting place at league 2/conference level would give him the opportunity to prove that, given games, he can be a regular and consistent goal threat. If he doesnt prove this, then so be it, move him on. I hate to see our own youth players released without a proper shot at making it.

First home game missed in 5yrs due to personal reasons....lol....not that you will care, but simply don't believe you! Why? Coz of this post of yours......I'm sure you would've been there if you really, really wanted to....

That above sounds to me more like missed through choice.....must add, I think most times you're possibly a bit like me (when your fully behind the manager) in that you'll get there on your death bed......but for some reason, your dummy is well and truly on the floor at present with the club!

Also....lol....a young 19yr old bottled it at Donny away, did he? Diddums....Did he bottle it at Leeds away too??? Or did he run his :censored:ing legs off, for every single second he was on the pitch on replacing Taylor? No heart eh? Piss funny.....can't wait for your next assessment :grin:

Out of the three season ticket holders that I sit with, none of us were at the game, all of which didn't go for differing reasons. I also know a couple of other regulars who didn't go because they couldn't be arsed, such is the despondancy at current goings on a the club. If Smalley played well on Saturday, fair play to him, I'll see this new improved Smalley in a couple of weeks.

Join the happy clapper club and repeat after me,

"Shez is doing a great job. Attendancies will not continue to nosedive, because everything is great".

Repeat ad infinitum.

Does "SORB" in your signature mean "Sheridan Out. Ritchie Back" by any chance?

(Apologies if this is a titanic moment.)