Wolfenden

Correct me if I am wrong but Wolfenden is out of contract at the end of the season is he not? If I was him I would be worried as to whether he is going to be here next season, I think if Alessandra signs a new contract that would give us Davies, Hughes, Alessandra and I am sure Shez will purchase another striker in the summer.

What do you guys think? Personally I thought he did relatively well today, I just think that with him being out of contract he will not be retained if we can secure Alessandra and then bring in another striker. I dont see enough goals from him.

I think he's not good enough for a team wanting to get promotion out of this league, which is what we'll be trying next season. I personally think that Lewis and Deano are better prospects. A league below would suit Wolfenden more I think. Not a bad game today for him and he's not had much of a run but I've heard Shez complaining about him saying he needs to bulk up more to be a threat. Would I offer him a contract- No.

Ive written Wolfy off a few times on here but I thought he did ok today, something to build on at least. Strangely he seemed to do well with his back to goal but not when he got into dangerous positions. I thought he was meant to be the other wasy round!

He has another year on his contract I think.

Didnt he get given a 2 year deal at the start of the season? Dont know personally but im sure I remember Melia saying something about talking to him in oldham on a night out and he was boasting about his two year deal. I do agree tho, I think he will be very worried about his future tbh.

Didnt he get given a 2 year deal at the start of the season? Dont know personally but im sure I remember Melia saying something about talking to him in oldham on a night out and he was boasting about his two year deal. I do agree tho, I think he will be very worried about his future tbh.

He was given a two year deal, and is still contracted to us for next season... unfortunately... as has been said before I cant see him being here though... not with Hughes, Davies, Smalley, Ales and another striker who will come in in the summer... even if we have to pay off his contract i'm sure it will be reasonably small change... anyway, when rochdale blow it in the playoffs they can just take over his contract...

Think he will get some playing time for the next three games... and prove once more he is not good enough at this level...

Edited by BigfinLatic

He was given a two year deal, and is still contracted to us for next season... unfortunately... as has been said before I cant see him being here though... not with Hughes, Davies, Smalley, Ales and another striker who will come in in the summer... even if we have to pay off his contract i'm sure it will be reasonably small change... anyway, when rochdale blow it in the playoffs they can just take over his contract...

Think he will get some playing time for the next three games... and prove once more he is not good enough at this level...

Support your players the lad did OK today and at Donny and still carrying a knock from the look of it. I for one think he as a future his !!!!! movement is excellent and as a good touch, and will score GOALS !!!!!!!

Eager, chases all over, keep hearing this about his movement (which is true) but sadly, does little with it when he gets it. What he does well, is when he doesn't have time to think about it. Thankfully, Smalley had more attributes today. Wolfys a bit like Kalala.....looks better without the ball (ie. harassing players and making it a nightmare for the oppo.) Unfortunately, as a striker looking to score goals, you need the ball. As I've said in the past, best for both parties to say goodbye. I'd like him to succeed, but if he stays with us, he won't and he'll be at the back of the pack again next season. Time to let him go and spread his wings and wish him all the best.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Support your players the lad did OK today and at Donny and still carrying a knock from the look of it. I for one think he as a future his !!!!! movement is excellent and as a good touch, and will score GOALS !!!!!!!

... for stalybridge or Rochdale... we are supporting him, we have been supporting him for the last 4 years as he makes the same contribution each season... as BB80 says the time has come to say thanks make, but its time you moved on for both parties... I think if Wolfy gets any playing time next season for us something really drastic has gone wrong in the summer....

Lol.....and yet you missed Smalleys best game yesterday due to your current dummy-spitting phase over Sheridan and thus should a player want to win a fan like yourself over....it'd be nigh on impossible. Although, it would be anyway, as anyone who thinks Smalley doesn't have heart is full of :censored: anyway :grin:

I missed my first home game in 5 or so seasons due to personal reasons, not because of Shez's inept management. Also, your right that it will take a lot for Smalley to win me over, after the way he bottled it at Doncaster away in the last min. Anyone who thinks that Smalley is good enough for this division is clearly full of :censored:.

I missed my first home game in 5 or so seasons due to personal reasons, not because of Shez's inept management. Also, your right that it will take a lot for Smalley to win me over, after the way he bottled it at Doncaster away in the last min. Anyone who thinks that Smalley is good enough for this division is clearly full of :censored:.

First home game missed in 5yrs due to personal reasons....lol....not that you will care, but simply don't believe you! Why? Coz of this post of yours......I'm sure you would've been there if you really, really wanted to....

More like total indifference at a season thrown away.

Today was the first home game I've missed in over 5 seasons.

Shez out.

That above sounds to me more like missed through choice.....must add, I think most times you're possibly a bit like me (when your fully behind the manager) in that you'll get there on your death bed......but for some reason, your dummy is well and truly on the floor at present with the club!

Also....lol....a young 19yr old bottled it at Donny away, did he? Diddums....Did he bottle it at Leeds away too??? Or did he run his :censored:ing legs off, for every single second he was on the pitch on replacing Taylor? No heart eh? Piss funny.....can't wait for your next assessment :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

If Wolfenden is here next season then good, in my opinion. I think he has the ability, and the attributes, to make it at our level. If he'd been given more pitch time so far in his career then who knows how many he could have scored.

I would, however, like to see him shipped out to a League Two side next season, like someone has said earlier, until maybe January 1st. If by that stage either he has impressed us enough to bring him back and give him a go, so be it. If he hasn't impressed the Oldham staff enough, then someone else will have taken a liking to him; I'm sure of that.

I never like it when players we've brought through from a young age are moved on. Shame to see them go, really.

Keep the Faith

I just think that with him being out of contract he will not be retained if we can secure Alessandra and then bring in another striker. I dont see enough goals from him.

Allessandra has only scored 1, so has smalley, and they have had more games than him! but agree, will be interesting to see what he does, think he needs a bit of a loan out to a lower league club for experience.

Wolfy is a good squad player - full of heart and tries his best but tbh he aint got the technical skill, speed, height, bulk or nous to really worry any defenders at our level. Sure - he will score a goal or two - but what striker wouldnt given the chances that come every strikers way in the box ?. If we saw teams at BP with strikers like Wolfy our own defenders eg Greegs, Stam, Ruben etc would be lickin their lips every week !. Wish the lad well but due to his physique etc he aint ever gonna cut it or make a name for himself in League 1. If the Dale dont go up then maybe he could ply his trade theire for a couple of seasons. Nice geeza, but not quite up to the mark IMHO.

Also....lol....a young 19yr old bottled it at Donny away, did he? Diddums....Did he bottle it at Leeds away too??? Or did he run his :censored:ing legs off, for every single second he was on the pitch on replacing Taylor? No heart eh? Piss funny.....can't wait for your next assessment :grin:

Not to mention his Everton performance!

He has bottled a few chances but he'l come good and it will be forgotten. Yesterday he made a goal out of nothing through pace, determination, composure and heart.