That's all, folks!

What the hell is wrong with Oldham? ive never known such inconsistancy, at least last season we went through phases of playing good or bad.

thats_all_folks.jpg

I think Looney Tunes is an apt description of our season!!

As for your question daniel... try suspensions, injuries, loanees, terrible luck, lack of squad depth.. and add sickness to today, and you are getting close...

Can fully concentrate on next season now, we were really poor today. Have to hope Shez has learnt from his mistakes previously, brings some great players in and ships the right ones out and start next season winning games and be up there from the beginning. Providing he gets the backing from the board and the fans for me Shez has to get us to the play offs, anything less and I'm afraid time for a change.

Feel sorry for the people who bothered to go. The texts I got through from various people who went made very grim reading.

i can echo that too rocky,recieved 3 texts and a phone call asking why i didnt talk him out of going,lol

said from start to finish the team was poor,un-interested and strolling around like a pre season friendly game,said it was the only time he has really felt let down by the team.as if results had gone in our favour there was still a faint hope,ever the optimist eh.

Can fully concentrate on next season now, we were really poor today. Have to hope Shez has learnt from his mistakes previously, brings some great players in and ships the right ones out and start next season winning games and be up there from the beginning. Providing he gets the backing from the board and the fans for me Shez has to get us to the play offs, anything less and I'm afraid time for a change.

Have to agree that we were poor today. The side had some semi-reasonable/patchy performances at best in my opinion, but not enough to make a game of it.

We also had an unfit Jarrett and a clueless Liddell. The guy should not be offered a new contract as he offered nothing today.

Going back to a fairly recent post, can somebody bar that baggage of a woman (I think, not sure though) supporter from all Oldham games as all she does is moan about our team, abuses anybody that has an opinion that differs from hers and barracks the opposing fans? Good grief, she even abused the Oldham players for applauding their fans at the end of the game.

KEEP THE FAITH

i can echo that too rocky,recieved 3 texts and a phone call asking why i didnt talk him out of going,lol

said from start to finish the team was poor,un-interested and strolling around like a pre season friendly game,said it was the only time he has really felt let down by the team.as if results had gone in our favour there was still a faint hope,ever the optimist eh.

:lol:

Bloomin eck... this person hasnt been to many away games over the last two months then!

Utterly awful team sheet for attacking play today, Chrissy T has been our only outlet recently, with moderate assistance from Smalley... as soon as he was missing from the teamsheet we were doomed today i'm afraid...

You cannot win away games at any level without a decent centre forward to hold up the ball and trouble the opposition... as soon as Hughes and Davies were injured I am not surprise we cannot play away... at home is different... get them fit for next year and we will win many on the bounce...

We also had an unfit Jarrett and a clueless Liddell. The guy should not be offered a new contract as he offered nothing today.

:lipsrsealed2:

Looks great in a home game against a terrible side, but awful in an away game against a moderately better side... think it says pretty much everything about his current value in the side...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Feel sorry for the people who bothered to go. The texts I got through from various people who went made very grim reading.

Had a great day out! Football wasn't the best but what do people expect with a nothing to play for game.

Latics being out muscled by bigger stronger teams has been a major problem in this division for a long time.

Something about all Northampton teams we play they are huge ....... but yep its been a problem for a while. Whilst people like Hughes and Davies were in the team we gave as good as we got....

Going back to a fairly recent post, can somebody bar that baggage of a woman (I think, not sure though) supporter from all Oldham games as all she does is moan about our team, abuses anybody that has an opinion that differs from hers and barracks the opposing fans? Good grief, she even abused the Oldham players for applauding their fans at the end of the game.

Was this the one that turned round (with young daughter ...... moaner in training??) or the one behind her ??......... both seemed as bad as as each other. They have their favs and a blinkered to anyone elses views if they differ. Funny moment though thought we'd be seeing proper handbags but sadly they both lets us down and we had to carry on watching the game.

We never used to get stuffed on the road or go down with no passion but it's becoming all too familiar at the minute, Swindon, Luton, Northampton, & Hartlepool from earlier in the season.

Not sure about this one, stange turn around ....... missing the old pros badly of late. The young 'uns have had a great bedding into the life of a league footballers that I hope will lead to better things next season, I think its been a long season for some of them and they have nothing left to give.

Glad I've not read much on here about yesterday.....if people think we were going to do anything different than what we did, then they have probably expected too much.

If you look over the last few seasons, we've not really had several completely meaningless games to end the season -

06/07 - playoffs

05/06 - 1 meaningless game right at the end of season once playoffs were blown

04/05 - Bradford game to stay up

03/04 - a couple of meaningless games, but the previous Summers antics were fresh in the mind and I think people were happy for it

02/03 - Dowie season....playoffs

01/02 - Meaningless games towards the end.....

So prob 01/02 was when we were last sat twiddling our frustrated thumbs, thinking what could've been for 3 or 4wks before the season closed. I remember meaningless games like them.....the home team winning as the away team turned up, was tickled then went off home thinking of their summer hols. Although, Chelt and Crewe still are in the mire, so I don't expect us to go tickling them like we did Orient. But you get the idea......

Sad but it's nature of the beast IMO. I was there yesterday for the piss up and a laugh and the faint hope that we might win. Was a bit boring at times and nope, we didn't do much but as I expected as much from such a nothing game it didn't disappoint or reflect on anything. Nowt to read into it.....roll on the summer....

Edited by boundaryblue80