Come on you Brewers!

A win tonight at Kidderminster will put Burton Albion in the Conference playoffs. Whatever happens it will be Albion's highest ever League placing (and there were those calling for Cloughie's head when they had a wobble early in the year! ). An amazing achievement for a part-time club to finish above many full-time teams. Looking forward to jumping on the bandwagon for Wembley!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win tonight at Kidderminster will put Burton Albion in the Conference playoffs. Whatever happens it will be Albion's highest ever League placing (and there were those calling for Cloughie's head when they had a wobble early in the year! ). An amazing achievement for a part-time club to finish above many full-time teams. Looking forward to jumping on the bandwagon for Wembley!

HT Kidderminster 3 Albion 0

Clough Out :angry::wink:

Good luck to the Brewers....ever since we played them in the cup, I've always wished them well, as I do most teams we play and scrape past :grin: Wouldn't be happy to see them come up. If not, Torquay coming up for Hells Bells sake and if not them, then be nice to see Cambridge finally come back into the football league. Rather the underdog first though, so good luck Burton!

Is the Conf Play off final at Wembley??? Isn't it normally somewhere exotic like Stoke?

Yes, definitely at Wembley this time, according to the Conference website. I think that they did use Stoke at least once, and also Villa Park, whilst Wembley was being re-built.

Fantastic!!

At least BALLS season is still alive.

It'll be great to see the Albion in the Football League. And all those disillusioned Derby fans will come flocking to the Pirelli Stadium!!

A conspiracy theorist on an Albion messageboard reckons the club doesn't want to go up. Last night's result at Kiddy proved this, apparently! You couldn't make it up, could you?

A conspiracy theorist on an Albion messageboard reckons the club doesn't want to go up. Last night's result at Kiddy proved this, apparently! You couldn't make it up, could you?

Is that from the "Clough The Magic Dragon" board?

I sent a load of clippings from the Thai papers after Burton drew with M*n U*d a couple of years ago to the bloke who runs the site.

It's always worth reading and the "Clough Outers" were certainly in evidence on there a few months ago.

I really hope they go up and you get to enjoy your day at Wembley!!

Yes, definitely at Wembley this time, according to the Conference website. I think that they did use Stoke at least once, and also Villa Park, whilst Wembley was being re-built.

oh right cool, well I hope you get there and reclaim the glories of Burton's football league days! Amazing that they used to have two FL teams! Swifts and..........I forget.

Did any members of BALLS get to the game today? I listened to it on Radio Devon & it was one of the most bizarre games I've ever heard! Brilliant stuff though!

This Exeter/Torquay double header is going to be fantastic, up there with the Man United games a few years back! With all the ex-players on either side added to the earlier games this season means the animosity will be huge!

Didn't see Burton this year at City but they're the only team to win at SJP this season so they should be fairly strong. Cambridge are a team of giants with minimal ability but they've lost a few players since I saw them.

All in all, these playoffs are going to be amazing, even for a semi-neutral like me!

No, didn't go. It was one of my few trips of the season to BP today. Kept checking my phone after and it got as far as 2-2. I then set off back for Burton and have only just found out the full time score.

I'll definitely be going to the home Play off leg and may even go to the away leg as well.

Here's to an Exeter v Burton final! Another eight goal thriller would be nice.

Reading the rarely-bought Burton Mail in Tesco today it says that Cambridge have sold their 1600 allocation for the first leg and could have sold the tickets 3 times over. All Albion fans are being urged to get a ticket in advance as it is expected that there will be a significant number of Cambridge fans hoping to pay into the home end. A 6000 capacity sell-out is expected. Got my ticket!

Come on you Brewers

• 5 months later...

Burton Albion live on Setanta v Mansfield tonight. Mrs. S. and I are going along - we probably won't be seen on TV, as we stand behind the goal with the singers under the TV gantry.

Feel free to join in with the singing:

Oh Burton-on-Tent is wonderful

Oh Burton-on-Tent is wonderful

Full of beer, beer and more beer

Oh Burton-on-Tent is wonderful!

You light up my senses,

Like a gallon of Peddi,

Like a big jar of Marmite,

Like a pinch of good snuff,

Like a night out in Burton,

Like a greasy chip butty,

So come Burton Albion,

Come thrill me again,

Na na na na na na na OOO!

Drink drink wherever you may be!

We are the Brewers of Pirelli!

We sh*g your women, drink your beer

Cos we’re superBurton,

Pride of Staffordshire!

EIEIEIO

Up the Conference league we go

When we win promotion

This is what we'll sing

We are Burton, Super Burton

Cloughie is our King

All the bars, they should have seen us coming

We’re beer drinkin’ Burton Boys

The Carling we were loving!

All the lads and lasses and all the smiling faces

Walkin’ down to Pirelli to see the Burton Aces

• 2 months later...

Not surprisingly Nigel Clough is being linked once again with the vacant Derby County manager's job after the resignation of Paul Jewel.

Cloughie Junior is playing it down and says "The lads in the dressing room are what we should be talking about because they have just taken 30 points out 30. No-one should ever underestimate what it takes to win 10 games on the bounce at any level at any time in any season."

What makes it so remarkabe is that the players are part-time and they're still in the F.A. Trophy and the Birmingham Senior Cup.

He's planning to strengthen the squad - deals have been done with the clubs involved and he's just waiting to hear from the players. They could be signed on Thursday and be in the squad at York on Saturday.

Play-off hopefuls Crawley Town could be docked points after Conference officials confirmed they are investigating a possible breach of registration rules.

Cloughie is going nowhere. It's often been said that the Albion job is just perfect for him and I doubt that he'd want the extra pressure of managing Derby. I hope that I'm right because five months from now Burton could once again be home to a football league team.

Exciting times.