Bloomin eck.. the sunday people must reallly love our gossip! Havent we already sold Eardley to Coventry/Brighton and Taylor to Donny accoding to them...??

Whatever... will belive it when I see it! Looks like all our team want to play for brighton now... maybe they are worries about playing in a 3 sided groud and want to play at a proper stadium.. :blink:

Guest oa_exile
Believe he is asking for far too muck money.

THAT Goal must have given him delusions of Grandeur perhaps?

muck money :blink: is that like a back hander :grin:

Believe he is asking for far too muck money.

THAT Goal must have given him delusions of Grandeur perhaps?

if we got a fee for him then fine.

he goes missing a lot in games and although on his day he can be outstanding and score fine goals,he just isnt on his game often enough.......that said he would be a good back up player if we brought in some real quality midfielder.

if we got a fee for him then fine.

he goes missing a lot in games and although on his day he can be outstanding and score fine goals,he just isnt on his game often enough.......that said he would be a good back up player if we brought in some real quality midfielder.

Fee out of the question as his contract is up. I wouldnt be breaking the bank to sign him again if he is asking a lot of money. Id offer him the same money and if he doesnt fancy it thank him for his efforts and say bye bye. This time last season I was saying things like "If I got the managers job tomorrow the first thing I would do is release Macca" but to be fair to him he has won me over to an extent this season. I appreciate his effort but he still isnt worth any more than the average wage at our club whatever that may be.

Sunday People reports Gary Mac is going to Brighton at the end of the season after turning down a new contract here.

red top waffle...

slow news day!! if so, then so be it... i for one won't lose any sleep..

if it free's up a wage for jarret then would people still be upset?

I like Gary Mac tbh ... think hes got alot of potential, and a couple of times this season hes got close to showing but for whatever reason he hasnt. Personally, id like to see him stay. Think he has a big future with us.

GMac is the type of player that other teams would love to have, and his highlights package would look great... but as is said here, he aint anything more than a squad player... and unfortunately deserves squad player wages... had a feeling this may happen, but you aint going to break the bank for a player who only plays half your games...

There will be someone out there willing to offer 'big money' for Macca, if they scouted him in a game such as Carlisle, or indeed everton then he looks worth his weight in gold... but take yesterday (I know he want fully fit) but he came on for a half and didnt touch the ball... Eard;ey looked twice the palyer he was and it want even his natural position...

I would liek him to stay, but if he moves on, good luck to him... he has had enough chances and not proved himself, so lets see him make his fame and fortune somewhere else - its not fair on us or him for him to sit in the stiffs on big money...

I also always ask myself when a player leaves, would you be worries to se him on the opposition teamsheet.. (invarariably yes! even if they are awful they score!) but with macca it would eb a resounding NO... Allott would absolutely have him in his pocket... and if it means we can bring JJ in instead, then so be it...

red top waffle...

slow news day!! if so, then so be it... i for one won't lose any sleep..

if it free's up a wage for jarret then would people still be upset?

Ok then........Gary Mac to stay or Jarrett to sign permanently and play the same box to box role? No brainer really imo. I'm a fan of Gary Mac but players like him won't get us out of this division. If he stays he stays, one thing Shez can spot and that is a midfielder, won't lose any sleep over it.

Interesting that despite Macca, JP and JJ all being fit and available yesterday, yet Shez prefers to play a right-back in centre-mid in their place.

Ecactly. And said Right back performed better than all of them... however...

I didn't think that many people rated Jarrett.

Utter rubbish... virtually everyone I know would keep JJ ahead of GMac... they both have consistency issues, but JJ has twice the all round game GMac has... JJ has been injured, but in a game like hudders you can see the ability and verstility he has... I'd have him in my side anyday...

I just can justify GMac staying on any more money than he is on now...

Think this should be Poll time now! (I know we have had a lot of em!) something like...

- I would like GMac to stay - he is first choice (no matter the cost)

- I would like GMac to stay - but he is just a squad player (if he wants megabucks he can go)

- Not bothered. He can go for me. There are better midfielders out there who we could get.

Utter rubbish... virtually everyone I know would keep JJ ahead of GMac... they both have consistency issues, but JJ has twice the all round game GMac has... JJ has been injured, but in a game like hudders you can see the ability and verstility he has... I'd have him in my side anyday...

I just can justify GMac staying on any more money than he is on now...

Think this should be Poll time now! (I know we have had a lot of em!) something like...

- I would like GMac to stay - he is first choice (no matter the cost)

- I would like GMac to stay - but he is just a squad player (if he wants megabucks he can go)

- Not bothered. He can go for me. There are better midfielders out there who we could get.

I wasn't saying GMac was better than JJ, just that I didn't think many people rated JJ highly enough so we should sign him up.

I'd like to keep both.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I wasn't saying GMac was better than JJ, just that I didn't think many people rated JJ enough so we should sign him up.

Fair enough... but most I speak to rate him... different circles eh? :wink:

I think the trouble is, the same can be said with GMac.. imagine if he came on loan, we would be utterly split about him... just feel there are better players out there.. look at what we got with Allott... and I bet he is on a lot less that what GMac would be wanting...

Tell you what though... seriously liking Eards at CM... starting to wish he doesnt leave so he can play in midfield... not really bothered about him at RB, but he looks great in Centre Mid...

Interesting that despite Macca, JP and JJ all being fit and available yesterday, yet Shez prefers to play a right-back in centre-mid in their place.

could have something to do with trying to get neil eardley described as a utility player, rather than a right back? just to bump his value up maybe? dont want him to leave tho.

on gary mac, on his day he is awsome, and scores so many important goals, but tbh when bigfin was describing his game yesterday, i completely forgot he played. this is the reason he is not worth the big money. on his day he is one of the best in the league, but his day only comes around every couple of months.

True but dont you think that was an experimental team, giving the likes of Wolfy another chance. Had it been a play off game im sure it would have been a little different.

Id sign JJ in a flash. I am always comfortable when I see him about to recieve the ball (I could only say the same for Allot, Rubes, Lidds and Greegs), he regularly looks the most athletic player on the pitch, has rightful confidence in his ability and has experience in being promoted from this division and the one above. Id be tempted to consider him a striker too after THAT performance but whatever he is signed as he is versatile.

I would like to keep Gary Mac as a squad player and I don't believe the tabloid rubbish about Brighton, but if he doesn't want to stay so he can get first team footy then fair enough, as said above I'd rather take Jarrett permanently.

However, I still think he could be successful here and I'd prefer as little squad turnover as possible.

Guest oa_exile

Macca was a great signing at the beginning of last season and then the wheels fell off , we have only seen glimpses of the player he can be ......... consistency is an issue !

The only problem I have with Macca leaving is we get in an able replacement , probably JJ BUT again consistency is an issue ! will we also bring someone else in as well with some quality ?

We need some depth in the squad next season so we have to replace him not just with JJ.

Macca was a great signing at the beginning of last season and then the wheels fell off , we have only seen glimpses of the player he can be ......... consistency is an issue !

The only problem I have with Macca leaving is we get in an able replacement , probably JJ BUT again consistency is an issue ! will we also bring someone else in as well with some quality ?

We need some depth in the squad next season so we have to replace him not just with JJ.

I know what you mean big guy, but the quality is out there and available... the issue with Gmac is that i'm sure he still feels like he is young enough to do big things, so he will ask for big money and has done enough for a club to take a gamble on him fulfilling his potential - he wont, but he will get another couple of shots...

I've said for a long time, we have a lot of youth so we need some more of the aged 30ish journey men... they have the quality, and experience to get out of the division... plus invariably they dont want to break the bank, or have delusions of grandeur... we have the prime example in our team - step forward Mark Allott...

As is said, we have nough youth, but we need some grit, if Gmac moves on fair enough, there is quality out there... cant remmeber where it was said but there are 500-700 out of contract players this summer in the football league... i'm sure there are a few in there that are better than GMac....

Guest oa_exile
I know what you mean big guy, but the quality is out there and available... the issue with Gmac is that i'm sure he still feels like he is young enough to do big things, so he will ask for big money and has done enough for a club to take a gamble on him fulfilling his potential - he wont, but he will get another couple of shots...

I've said for a long time, we have a lot of youth so we need some more of the aged 30ish journey men... they have the quality, and experience to get out of the division... plus invariably they dont want to break the bank, or have delusions of grandeur... we have the prime example in our team - step forward Mark Allott...

As is said, we have nough youth, but we need some grit, if Gmac moves on fair enough, there is quality out there... cant remmeber where it was said but there are 500-700 out of contract players this summer in the football league... i'm sure there are a few in there that are better than GMac....

Basically Shez has to weigh up what Macca's terms are and can we get someone better in for that said amount.

Cant blaim Macca for wanting a better contract but he has not proven he deserves one over two seasons.