Reality check for some supporters!

For those bean counters who like to guess what we make and lose in a season of football I will tell you simply -- after getting just over £330,000 for our cup exploits and receiving the first half of Trotman's money we lost around £380,000 this year.

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry but I do admit to being scared of the thought of how much we would have lost if not for the above unforeseen factors. In a year of tough trading and a weak dollar we have to realise how fortunate we have been.

Taken from Simons end of year notes....

I heard alot of peope talking about the money from Everton and Hazel being used to draft in players and some fans thinking we are out of the woods money wise....

Well read the above and bear it in mind over the next couple of months as you start to moan how we arent getting players over Leeds, Donny and Forest etc etc etc

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing majorly changes; it's been like this for a while, if not a lot worse.

However, for once is a long, long time we have a team contracted for next year, with only a few players needed, so I think we'll see more of a balance next year.

We've got to take into account the new stadium. I wouldn't mind knowing how much was spent over this season trying to push the plans through etc.

I heard alot of peope talking about the money from Everton and Hazel being used to draft in players and some fans thinking we are out of the woods money wise....

Well read the above and bear it in mind over the next couple of months as you start to moan how we arent getting players over Leeds, Donny and Forest etc etc etc

Very true... and it is interesting to see how a £400k loss is seen as fortunate...

However, as is said, this has pretty much been budgetted for... and I wonder is this includes the £500k deficit for Porter, which was publically said was in this years balance sheet... if so, and with the attendances as they are, you have to say this was a great season of finacial management by the club...

It is a godsend that we have the core of a team next season... and we really only need some bread and butter players and some consitency (I frirmly believe that) - we aint going to be signing worldbeaters, just solid pro's to support Hughes, Davies, Taylor, et al to fire us out of the division...

The golden chalice of the staduim is still looming - so for that reeason I think we will have a similar level of player activity in the summer... if that means we add to the squad with additions like Hughes, Davies, Allott, Hazell, Crossley again, then we will still be in a very good position... 4/5 good solid pro's is what we need...

... and as for Leeds, Donny and Forest - well the odds are two of em wont be in this division next year - so we wond have to compete - and they wont be forcing players prices/contracts up like they have done this...

Football club in makes loss shock!

Newsflash: nearly all football clubs run at a loss; not all of them stagnate in the same division year on year.

... and as for Leeds, Donny and Forest - well the odds are two of em wont be in this division next year - so we wond have to compete - and they wont be forcing players prices/contracts up like they have done this...

I hope your right because worse case is

Leeds

Forest

Doncaster

Southampton / Leicester / Wednesday

I dont like the look of that!

Golly gosh you're right!

I just hope we can stay up next season.

Guest sheridans_world
And right on que one of them supporters replies :lol:

:lol:

I'd love to see the loss that Forest, Leeds and Doncaster made this season, I imagine it will far-outweigh our loss. Granted they get more fans but the wages they pay to more players and the fees they spend. No way are they making a profit.

Newsflash: nearly all football clubs run at a loss; not all of them stagnate in the same division year on year.

One thing you have always failed to realise Corporal is that your predictions and complaints are a thing of the past.

Oldham Athletic Football Club 2004 Ltd have hardly been stagnating in the same division for years.......

I await a carefully worded short paragraph highlighting one of the two/three 'Corp Points' already done to death...

One thing you have always failed to realise Corporal is that your predictions and complaints are a thing of the past.

Oldham Athletic Football Club 2004 Ltd have hardly been stagnating in the same division for years.......

I await a carefully worded short paragraph highlighting one of the two/three 'Corp Points' already done to death...

it does make interesting reading,and states the obviouse.

and like he said we have been here for five years now,with that in mind i remember them stating that for operating purposes that any cup run wouldnt be taken into account for the first five years,they actually put out a statement saying this is how much the club is in trouble,and this is how we will get it out of that trouble,and it stated that we would be out of the cups in round one for first 5 years,then they would be taken into consideration.

yes your correct that some fans cant see the wood for the trees,and dont actually realise how much money has been saved.

be very interesting to see,as the philiskirk money hasnt been mentioned,just how much has actually gone into the plans for the ground as has already been said.

also be very interesting to see what happens if richards does get sold this summer.

Indeed....you're right! For examples, please see this seasons exploits at Luton and Bournemouth (unless they pull the miracle off).....

:lol:

I'd love to see the loss that Forest, Leeds and Doncaster made this season, I imagine it will far-outweigh our loss. Granted they get more fans but the wages they pay to more players and the fees they spend. No way are they making a profit.

They're massive though.

What chance do we stand when we have them to contend with?

Indeed-it's a brand new club.

We'll never get more than 5000 due to being unable to compete with massive clubs like Wednesday, Forest, Doncaster and Peterborough.

And Carlisle.

We are not unable to, infact we have in recent times. It is just difficult for reasons obvious to all except yourself it seems. Rather than bemoaning what is wrong why not suggest ways to put it right...like TTA have been doing for some time.

The point was, as I have made to you before, that your complaints are out of date. There is more light at the end of the tunnel now than at any point since xmas '94.

I think you'll find that the light is going to be coming through the big space where the Lookers stand used to be.

You surely can't be serious about there being no continuity with pre-2004.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

We are not unable to, infact we have in recent times. It is just difficult for reasons obvious to all except yourself it seems. Rather than bemoaning what is wrong why not suggest ways to put it right...like TTA have been doing for some time.

It may have escaped your notice that, unlike TTA, I am not a club owner. That is why I can't do anything apart from watch, and complain as we continue to make no progress. I'm not asking you or anybody else to complain though, so don't worry.