• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
I am.

...........well in that case

Only if you wear your underpants on the outside.

I bet you tuck your undercrackers into your vest :lol:

I've lost track of your ramblings about 2004.

The ambition is paper only so far and the progress on the pitch, as already pointed out, is illusory.

Everybody loved the Moore era before it went sour, you included.

I loved the Moore era before it went sour - but what I didn't enjoy was Latics fans standing outside BP and getting pissed wet through and spat at and abused by opposition fans when it did.

It taught some of us a valuable lesson.

What I'm interested in CJ, is who/what your gripe is actually with?

The TTA by your own admission have ploughed in around £11m and continue to lose approx £1m per annum, yet they have continually backed a succession of managers with money for signings/wages. So is your gripe with them for not having an open cheque book policy?

Is it with Sheridan/Moore/Talbot who have failed to get the right blend to get us out of this league?

Is it with the players who show little loyalty and hop along at the end of their alloted 2 years?

Is it with the sheitehouse Oldham public who would rather sit on their fat collective arses wearing Manure shirts whilst drinking Carling Premierpiss?

Is it with Andy Grey and the rest of the Skyturds who'd have us believe that the Premier:censored: is the 'finest league in the world' and that there is simply no life beyond the 'promised land'?

Is it with the management of the club in the past who didn't invest when money needed to be invested?

I can't see what you want ANYBODY to do about this?

Or do you just enjoy bitching?

Edited by danoafc

I am.

Like what?

That we'll struggle on paltry crowds and that we should have invested in the club 10/12 years ago when we got relegated from the Prem?

Jeeez - give the man a cigar!

Edited by danoafc

Guest oa_exile
Like what?

That we'll struggle on paltry crowds and that we should have invested in the club 10/12 years ago when we got relegated from the Prem?

Jeeez - with the man a cigar!

You missed JWLees and Stott off your last post :wink:

Edited by oa_exile

Not quite, would prefer us to be in the league above but I am looking forward to next season when we will have a nucleus of a young, exciting and home-grown team ready to push on from a top half finish. Some of the defences next season will not be able to live with Smalley, Taylor, Allesandra, Davies and Wolfenden. A few choice additions and we will not be far off.

I stopped letting football rule my life about 2 years ago and have been much better for it, nowadays I only dwell on the good stuff and let go of the bad.

A few years ago we played Wrexham a fair bit, look at them now. Give me "stagnation" over what they have been through these last few seasons.

Stagnation will eventually lead to doing a Wrexham.

Actually I am well-read and literate. I also agree with you that your replies are, on average, no longer than any others.

However, having to read ten of your replies in a row all of which seem to say the same thing is tedious. That thing being that you are right and everyone else is rose tinted blinker wearing happy clapping sheep without you having any inclination to even have a peep at the other side of the arguement.

Yes we aren't the most fantastic team around and no, we don't have an open pursed backer, but a little optimism and hope is not a bad thing.

You don't have to read the thread.

I can only reply to what others have said.

Why does a little pessimism amidst a sea of happy clappery bother everybody so much?

Congratulations Corp thats 30 posts for you on this thread, and 30 different points well made.

I think we have all had our Corporal Jones fix for this week now thanks.

One thread out of hundreds. It's like the telly's become: countless channels to choose from but you have to come to where you know the compelling stuff is.

I loved the Moore era before it went sour - but what I didn't enjoy was Latics fans standing outside BP and getting pissed wet through and spat at and abused by opposition fans when it did.

It taught some of us a valuable lesson.

What I'm interested in CJ, is who/what your gripe is actually with?

The TTA by your own admission have ploughed in around £11m and continue to lose approx £1m per annum, yet they have continually backed a succession of managers with money for signings/wages. So is your gripe with them for not having an open cheque book policy?

Is it with Sheridan/Moore/Talbot who have failed to get the right blend to get us out of this league?

Is it with the players who show little loyalty and hop along at the end of their alloted 2 years?

Is it with the sheitehouse Oldham public who would rather sit on their fat collective arses wearing Manure shirts whilst drinking Carling Premierpiss?

Is it with Andy Grey and the rest of the Skyturds who'd have us believe that the Premier:censored: is the 'finest league in the world' and that there is simply no life beyond the 'promised land'?

Is it with the management of the club in the past who didn't invest when money needed to be invested?

I can't see what you want ANYBODY to do about this?

Or do you just enjoy bitching?

I'm less than pleased about some of those things, yes, although you'll find that contrary to what people seem to want to claim I have never been seriously critical of TTA.

I think that what we are witnessing is the effect of the factors to which you refer combining to shrink the stature of the club to the extent we are now viewed as minnows who can't compete with historically smaller clubs who were far, far behind us not too long ago. The process has become irreversible, it would seem, and the many supporters voting with their feet sense this, thus reinforcing the problem. In five years the same people on here will be self-righteously demanding that we stop pretending we can compete with a resurgent, 'moneybags' York City. Or whoever.

You don't have to let it bother you, however; as already mentioned, mine is a mere drop of pessimism in an ocean of largely baseless optimism in which anybody here is free to immerse himself.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Taken from Simons end of year notes....

I heard alot of peope talking about the money from Everton and Hazel being used to draft in players and some fans thinking we are out of the woods money wise....

Well read the above and bear it in mind over the next couple of months as you start to moan how we arent getting players over Leeds, Donny and Forest etc etc etc

Therefore if we had another 1000 fans in at each home game we would have made a profit. However I would have thought that we had made more money from the cup with prize money and the Evertom gate of which I thought we were entitled to 45%. I must have been wrong.

We will have to wait for the accounts to find out where other money has been spent.

Therefore if we had another 1000 fans in at each home game we would have made a profit. However I would have thought that we had made more money from the cup with prize money and the Evertom gate of which I thought we were entitled to 45%. I must have been wrong.

We will have to wait for the accounts to find out where other money has been spent.

more than likey on players and staff wages,and keeping a decaying stadium up to scratch for its operating license......

You don't have to let it bother you, however; as already mentioned, mine is a mere drop of pessimism in an ocean of largely baseless optimism in which anybody here is free to immerse himself.

Why bother posting what you think in the first place then???

"largely baseless optimism"

kettle calling pot black springs to mind.....

Why should I multi-quote? For one thing I don't have time, and for another, I haven't split up one poster's remarks into seperate posts but answered several individual posters.

You need to lighten up, mate.

Also, that makes little to no sense. Surely, it'd be quicker to click 'quote' on those you do indeed want to quote, get typing, than rather individually click 'reply', type, then start to look for the next point.

Then again, I suppose you could just go in order, seeing as you're responding to everyone...