Although i would like both Livermore and jarrett to sign for us next season i cant see us affording both. Which out of the two would you like to see in a latics shirt next season.

If it's the JJ who turned up and played vs Hudd's, then without doubt it's him for me!

none of them id have livermore as back up, theres no way i would pay over the odds for them they are both average. We need creativity none of them are good at that role

Livermore for versatility in being able to play in key positions BUT JJ will he ever be fully fit? Can we afford the risk?

Livermore is a genuine quality player with a great all round game. Him and Allott together would dominate pretty much any midfield in this division IMO. I wasn’t at the Uddy game, but all the same I would also like to see JJ stay, but he’s not shown the class Livermore possesses.

Of the two I'd definately take Livermore for his versatility and the fact he is left sided which gives the team a bit more balance.

I felt during his spell here Livermore was far more consistent than Jarrett who only looked good occasionally (Carlisle and Huddersfield), given the chance I'd probably have them both here but Jarrett appears to have definate fitness and maybe attitude problems as well.

Livermore.

Jarrett had two great games, and alot of very indifferent ones. Brilliant and dangerous when on form but nowhere near consistent enough.

I'd be quite happy with a midfield pairing of Allott and Livermore, with an attacking/creative player in front of them. I know who I'd like there too, but maybe the season after...

He bailed because he didn't want to pick up an injury if he was going to be out of contract at the end of the season (and, presumably, either Sheridan didn't offer him one or they couldn't agree on one). Eminently sensible career decision, I'd say (although I'm not quite sure why he's since played a game for Hull City in that case).

He bailed because he didn't want to pick up an injury if he was going to be out of contract at the end of the season (and, presumably, either Sheridan didn't offer him one or they couldn't agree on one). Eminently sensible career decision, I'd say (although I'm not quite sure why he's since played a game for Hull City in that case).

We need a creative player, neither of these are that. The funds we have must be spent in this area.

Neither Henry nor Milligan were particularly creative............

both owners have said there is money available for the right players......by that then i would hope we could strike a deal with them both....maybe lower wages with bonus incentives if we get up..

interestingly luton have put 8 players including beresford on free transfers.....would he be worth a shout still

We are far more creative when we play two wide players.

So Samlley/Liddell on the right. Taylor/Livermore on the left. Allot and Jarrett/Livermore in the midle.

I think Livermore is the better player. I think Jarrett is more likely to take the ball from the half way line to the edge of the opposing penalty area.

I would sign them both as long as we have 2 wide players on the pitch.

Been saying for absolute ages, all this talk of a creative centre mids isn't really necessary in our division as long as you have a balance of defensively sound centre mids, who are good passers (along the lines of Allott/Livermore/Jarrett), combined with good wide players/proper wingers. If you look at the teams that have been promoted from our division over the past few years they have tended to have a good combination like this rather than 1 stand-out creative CM.

The only caveat to that is if you have a really top quality creative cent-mid...and that is a big cost/risk.

I'd be more tempted to be looking for a wide midfielder (L or R), allied to some cent-mids to fill the gaps left by Macca/JP - and for me if you get them with a touch more quality that would be even better. Livermore and Jarrett fit the bill perfectly.

Been saying for absolute ages, all this talk of a creative centre mids isn't really necessary in our division as long as you have a balance of defensively sound centre mids, who are good passers (along the lines of Allott/Livermore/Jarrett), combined with good wide players/proper wingers. If you look at the teams that have been promoted from our division over the past few years they have tended to have a good combination like this rather than 1 stand-out creative CM.

The only caveat to that is if you have a really top quality creative cent-mid...and that is a big cost/risk.

I'd be more tempted to be looking for a wide midfielder (L or R), allied to some cent-mids to fill the gaps left by Macca/JP - and for me if you get them with a touch more quality that would be even better. Livermore and Jarrett fit the bill perfectly.

Eardley in the middle?

Cannot believe how well Livermore played at CB when needed - along with him being left footed to give us balance - his versatility would be a bonus - Jarrett can be a world beater - when he wants - and doesnt seem to always want to be!!