That's gotta hurt Carlisle

I would of loved to see Leeds get beat and the embarressment of staying in this league, however if they do go up then it's good for our promotion hopes next season. I think that will crush Carlisle and they'll end up finishing outside the play-offs next season.

They deserved it... were shocking tonight despite supposedly having such great home form...

.. always said Carlisle are an average side with lots of luck, proved that again tonight when as were utterly outclassed by a bad leeds side...

Oh well... would rather have carlisle in the division than leeds anyday...

Think is gonna be a Leeds V Donny final... at least we get rid of one of em...

The thing about Carlisle is, they really don't have that great a team. They could even be in a relegation scrap next season, I stand by that they are the worse team to visit BP this season, provided no threat what so ever. I was never worried about us throwing it away because they just didn't seem like a League One side let alone a team in second.

i dont share the hate for leeds i dont no where it comes from well done to them they deserve it after all the antics etc.

it also gets rid of a promotion contender and i agree carlisle wont be a threat next season

Kilkenny ran the game. Carlisles ginger lad in Centre Mid, Lumsdom? Is absolute gash.

Hate to say it but Leeds easily desereved the win tonight.

They deserved it...

Hate to say it but Leeds easily desereved the win tonight.

i dont share the hate for leeds i dont no where it comes from well done to them they deserve it after all the antics etc.

They cheated in the way they came out of administration. The correct penalty for this would have been removal of their league status. I would argue that had they played by the rules they would not have been able to amass the squad they have in order to mount a challenge this season. They have been very lucky to only be deducted points so despite having seen the second half performance tonight I find it very difficult to agree that they deserved it.

Last minute goals in both legs of a semi-final - brought memories flooding back and has set me back ten years in my attempts to get over the first ever play-offs. :mad:

Last minute goals in both legs of a semi-final - brought memories flooding back and has set me back ten years in my attempts to get over the first ever play-offs. :mad:

Yeah, brought memories of 1987 come flooding back did that. Carlisle have no-one but themselves to blame. With 30 mins left at Elland Road they sat back and tried shutting up shop. Knowing perfectly well how dangerous Leeds are at the end of games. Absolute suicide and I fear it's given Leeds the imputus to go on and win the final now.

Yeah, brought memories of 1987 come flooding back did that. Carlisle have no-one but themselves to blame. With 30 mins left at Elland Road they sat back and tried shutting up shop. Knowing perfectly well how dangerous Leeds are at the end of games. Absolute suicide and I fear it's given Leeds the imputus to go on and win the final now.

i do feel slightly sorry for carlisle,but they didnt help themself tonight....i hate to admit it but leeds deserved to win after there performance tonight...

carlisle looked clueless for the first half hour just lumping it up...

now leeds have a nice big pay day lined up and a day out at the new wembly....wouldnt it be a shame if they lost in the final....just rewards i would say for trying to cheat the administration rules.

As much as I hate to admit it, leeds will walk this div next season if they are in it.

If leeds go up, its wide open and anyones for the taking.

Surely if Leeds are going to walk this division (which I agree with by the way) it would still leave the rest of the division wide open, as everyone would be dropping points to Leeds.

A runaway winner I can handle, as long as the rest are still slightly worse than us. :)

Leicester will walk it next year. Money taks in this division and they'll have a lot more than anyone lese. If leeds dont go up I think the rest of us are fighting for the play-offs.

Donny /leeds

Colchester

MK

Peterborough

Brighton

Leicester

will all be strong

Edited by pukka

Leicester will walk it next year. Money taks in this division and they'll have a lot more than anyone lese. If leeds dont go up I think the rest of us are fighting for the play-offs.

would have to disagree with u there, leicester, like sheff wed, and forest, will need a season to adapt and will have to cut the cloth. Think they could be up there, and challenging, but dont think it will be a walk in the park for em.

I hope I'm proved wrong and I reserve the right to revise this opinion once signings have been made but I think the play-offs are the best we can hope for whoever goes up.

I hope I'm proved wrong and I reserve the right to revise this opinion once signings have been made but I think the play-offs are the best we can hope for whoever goes up.

I think it will be tight at the top, like our last playoff season, there will be 8 or so teams fighting for the playoffs, and a good few fighting it out for automatic promotion. Defo think unless leeds dont go up, this league is anyones.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

The thing about Carlisle is, they really don't have that great a team. They could even be in a relegation scrap next season, I stand by that they are the worse team to visit BP this season, provided no threat what so ever. I was never worried about us throwing it away because they just didn't seem like a League One side let alone a team in second.

Didn't watch the 2nd leg tonight but from the 1st leg I thought they looked a decent side, if there is any chance of getting Simon Hackney we should definitely try to. Quick, left footed and puts lots of decent early crosses into the box, just what we need on the left.

I thought Carlisle were poor both times we played them. I think the best of the four in the play-offs are Donny. If they had a decent striker they would walk the league. As for hating DL, it's like eating........you have to because you do!