Eardley & Davies

How did they do? Anyone watch it?

I know Eardley started and Davies came on with about ten minutes to go.

BBC report says that Eardley brought England's Adam Johnson down for the penalty.

Didnt see the game too busy watching dirty L**ds but did see the penalty. Definitely brought him down

BBC report says that Eardley brought England's Adam Johnson down for the penalty.

Eardley was completely out of his depth against a very lively Johnson.

He was done for skill and pace on a regular basis, which culminated in him bringing him down for a penalty. Played the odd good ball going forward, but overall a pretty poor game.

Davies came on with about a quarter of an hour to go. He had one run at the defence for a corner and that was all.

On the bright side, if he carries on progressing like he has, it can't be long until Johnson solves England's continual left sided problems.

On the bright side, if he carries on progressing like he has, it can't be long until Johnson solves England's continual left sided problems.

I would just like to point out that I tipped Adam Johnson for future stardom when I saw him as a Youth Team Player for Middlesbrough when Latics had that "behind closed doors" friendly at The Smoggies. :)

Eat you heart out BP1960! :grin:

Can no longer see us getting a toaster for Eards after that performance.

I would just like to point out that I tipped Adam Johnson for future stardom when I saw him as a Youth Team Player for Middlesbrough when Latics had that "behind closed doors" friendly at The Smoggies. :)

Eat you heart out BP1960! :grin:

I have to say i have failed to be unimpressed whenever I have seen him. Be that for Boro, Watford or the U21's. He's got the modern day (defenders afraid to tackle) footballer look, of a player with pace who just likes running at players and can put a decent ball in. I would think Boro may look to get the money for Downing whilst they can as I can see this lad being their first team player pretty soon.

In fact, it's starting to be that annoying Leeds* syndrome with Boro. You dislike the team but admire their players (Wheater especially being another excellent prospect).

*The Paul Hart youngsters team.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

would just like to point out that I tipped Adam Johnson for future stardom when I saw him as a Youth Team Player for Middlesbrough when Latics had that "behind closed doors" friendly at The Smoggies.

Eat you heart out BP1960!

Well spotted Inspiral, he's a good un for sure.

Looks like Latics missed a great chance to take him on loan then, it makes one wonder why doesn't it ?

Well spotted Inspiral, he's a good un for sure.

Looks like Latics missed a great chance to take him on loan then, it makes one wonder why doesn't it ?

I talked to a few people at Middlesbrough that day and they wanted to keep him at their place for a while longer. I know he was spotted by the Latics Staff as well (it was the Ronnie Moore era) but there was never a chance of getting him to BP. I think he eventually got farmed out the following Season but Boro wanted him to go to a Club at a higher level probably so he wouldn't get kicked about as much.

To be honest, at that time, there was so much talent in the Boro ranks and many have gone on to play for the first Team. Mind you, when you see the facilities, it really is a fantastic set up and of course there is a massive catchment area as well.

Guest oa_exile
and he had such a bad game that hes in the full squad for the next 2 games

Lets been avin it right though , anyone born south of Chester and "Your in" :lol: