Nahh not me, it's on Sky so might aswell just watch it on the box. :grin:

What a tool.

Typical Oldhamer and one of the reasons why we are in league one with tiny crowds. Why support your local team when you can watch a game on TV? If you can be bothered to watch it on the box why not go down, watch the match in the flesh (all ways better) and give some money to two local charities?

Edited by ritchie82

What a tool.

Typical Oldhamer and one of the reasons why we are in league one with tiny crowds. Why support your local team when you can watch a game on TV? If you can be bothered to watch it on the box why not go down, watch the match in the flesh (all ways better) and give some money to two local charities?

Well, considering I have a season ticket for this season shows that I am not one of the ones to blame for tiny crowds.

And the money they will be getting from me is through the money Sky pay them (250 k?)from my £40 odd a month I pay to watch these things.

I also have things to do and cannot spend 3 hours at BP whilst other areas of life have to be attended to, so even then I may only be able to watch (If I'm lucky!) 1 half.

Edited by Xander_OAFC

More importantly..... the pitch looked fine after the egg chasers had been jumping all over it

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but... I know it's not like having the other type of egg chasers on it, but when Alan is (literally) bleeding maternity wards dry the length and breadth of Lancashire to find enough newborn sacrifices to heal the pitch, the last thing it needed was that.

Guest M_OAFC
In all fairness the pitch looked the best I have ever seen it, it looked like a carpet.

Did you watch it on TV or were you at the game?

I only ask because I was sat in the main stand and from there I thought the pitch looked in worryingly poor nick compared to this time in previous years.

I'm just wondering if it looked better on TV or whether you were there as well and just saw it differently.

Did you watch it on TV or were you at the game?

I only ask because I was sat in the main stand and from there I thought the pitch looked in worryingly poor nick compared to this time in previous years.

I'm just wondering if it looked better on TV or whether you were there as well and just saw it differently.

Haha funny you should ask that, (Look about 10 comments up! :lol:) Yes I watched it on T.V, and when either of the 2 teams scored a try and a close up of the pitch was on it - it looked perfect. The big Co-op sign must be a pain in the arse for the groundsman mind... ^_^

Edited by Xander_OAFC

Guest M_OAFC
Haha funny you should ask that, (Look about 10 comments up! :lol:) Yes I watched it on T.V, and when either of the 2 teams scored a try and a close up of the pitch was on it - it looked perfect. The big Co-op sign must be a pain in the arse for the groundsman mind... ^_^

Yes the in goal areas looked immaculate, but the grass elsewhere on the pitch was very unevenly coloured, most notably some worryingly large yellowy patches where the grass looked shorter and thinner. The main stand side of the pitch in particular looked worse.